CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #30 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps it is different by county because I can't search mine. And the State of Colorado site says how to obtain one, along with showing identification to get it.
Hmm yes it must differ by county then. I was not able to pull up an image, but just by search of my last name, both our names came up, the day it was recorded, and the date and address to which the certificate would be mailed. I was surprised that was public information.
It's pretty much a moot point since the idea of KK and PF being secretly married is absurd (imo), but Colorado would definitely be the place to go for a quick, easy, secret elopement. You don't even need a minister or witnesses, blood test, or to be a state resident.

To put to rest a lot of theories, conspiracies, etc, here is what I know after speaking with a senior law enforcement officer in Idaho tangengtially involved in the case.

1. KK and her lawyer were informed that accessory to 1st degree murder, for which she could be charged, could carry up to life in prison under Federal sentencing guidelines.

2. This could become a Federal case because of the interstate actions of the suspect(s) but that is yet to be determined.

2. KK and her lawyer decided to completely cooperate with law enforcement in return for reduced charges and prison time. Her reduced prison time could still be substantial and she will definitely serve time. She has not been charged because they are truth checking her info and negotiating her charges.

3. From KK and other evidence, law enforcement knows the who, why, how, when, and where of the murder. They do not know where the body is located and may not be able to recover it - that is all my source would say.

4. If this becomes a Federal case, the death penalty for PF becomes more real. Colorado for all practical purposes does not enforce the death penalty on State cases, while the Federal gov't does on Federal cases. A death sentence in CO is essentially life without parole so there is little incentive for PF to plea bargin under leverage to confess if it remains a State case.

That is all I know. I won't reply to any questions or comments. Just wanted to clear up as much of the discussion as possible. It seems the all-source evidence against PF is substantial according to source. Hope this info helps.

Oh, wow. Thanks for posting this. Sounds legit.

If she's getting some deal, I hope rodeo queen still gets DECADES.

Every time I look at pics of Kelsey I get more angry. Such a petite, sweet (by all accounts) and harmless person. I also think it was really cool she was pilot. An adventurous spirit and down to earth girl who's little girl won't even remember her. What a terrible loss :(

Hmm yes it must differ by county then. I was not able to pull up an image, but just by search of my last name, both our names came up, the day it was recorded, and the date and address to which the certificate would be mailed. I was surprised that was public information.
It's pretty much a moot point since the idea of KK and PF being secretly married is absurd (imo), but Colorado would definitely be the place to go for a quick, easy, secret elopement. You don't even need a minister or witnesses, blood test, or to be a state resident.
I agree it is absurd. I don't think that happened at all either.

Are we allowed to discuss the recent “scoop” that was posted here or not unless that person becomes verified? TIA WS pals

This isn’t complicated.

Kelsey’s phone sending those texts and pinging from that location, delayed the discovery of her disappearance, set up an alibi for PF (his phone was likely in Colorado at the time), and made it appear that she was going somewhere.

It worked for a time, as her employer apparently bought it.

I’m sure the text to PF also explained the reason he ultimately gave law enforcement, for not reporting her missing.

This was creative, but stupid.

How the hell was she supposed to have gotten there?

I'm convinced that PF came up with the most complex, convoluted plan his hoof-addled brain could devise because he was sure that the more elaborate he made it, the more impossible it would be for anyone to tie it back to him.

KISS, KISS, PF. As in, Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Someone ought to nominate him for an honorary lifetime MENSA membership.

I've never seen such genius on display.

I'm convinced that PF came up with the most complex, convoluted plan his hoof-addled brain could devise because he was sure that the more elaborate he made it, the more impossible it would be for anyone to tie it back to him.

KISS, KISS, PF. As in, Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Someone ought to nominate him for an honorary lifetime MENSA membership.

I've never seen such genius on display.

I can’t decide if this is the case or if he got tired of waiting for someone else to do it and acted on impulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89