CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #30 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KK may have no idea where Kelsey’s body is and PF will never tell. That does not mean it no longer exists. There simply is no logical place to search when we are talking at least three large states of possible travel, or any other direction whoever drove may have gone. Searching for the sake of searching makes no sense...jmo
Maybe we’ll find out in a trade for taking the death penalty of the table- of course that would mean le has enough to go for the death penalty ... which without a body might be tricky- just hoping we will recover the body for a proper funeral...

So even though KK hasn't been arrested or named as a POI, while PF has been arrested, you think he's a victim? What's your theory on how she killed KB and got her body out of the house? Did she use a horse trailer?

None of her neighbors, including the fellow living in the 5th wheel 30 yards away mentioned a horse trailer near her townhouse, and we've seen from the photos done by our Favorite Local Hero that a horse trailer would be visible to anyone along that street.

Not to say that her body couldn't have been transported out of the driveway in a vehicle like a pickup truck and then transferred into a horse trailer elsewhere. But no one remembers any other car along the road that day or night. It seems a clumsy option with room for mistakes - like someone along that lane seeing a big truck with Idaho plates.

And is a body retrievable from there. Is it a cliff or gorge? I lean towards him destroying her body on his property, but I still wonder about other scenarios.
There's enough four legged predators out there, it's easier to dump a body in a secluded area and let them scavange the remains. Some areas are likely to never be found.

Think of how many people disappear in highly populated areas. Now? You have miles and miles of land, some is very remote, some is not accessible once snow flies.

I can’t help but wonder if we looked at this backwards. Is it possible parts of human remains were found on the Frazee property (burnt or otherwise) & sent for analysis? The return visit to Kelsey’s could have been to get items for DNA comparison? The search of his property was over quicker than expected, they finished on Sunday 12.16, did a routine follow up later that week. By Friday 12.21 he was arrested.
Very good point.

Maybe we’ll find out in a trade for taking the death penalty of the table- of course that would mean le has enough to go for the death penalty ... which without a body might be tricky- just hoping we will recover the body for a proper funeral...
It's Colorado as of yet, unless they can make a federal case. Colorado has DP on the books, it's not used. With this idiotic mess, unless there's some major physical evidence, they'll be fighting to get a conviction enough.

Now, if they can pull federal charges, there's a different discussion.

But without a body or body part proving incompatibility with life, DP will be hard anywhere.

Just a reminder that we’ve never once heard from KK. We’ve never heard from LE about KK. We’ve heard from someone who knows someone who knows her, and that’s pretty shaky ground. There are no charges against her and no naming of her by LE as doing anything but possibly disposing of a phone - and even with that, it’s unclear how much she would have known.

So to call her scheming and scorned, and treat her like a mastermind in a murder plot is a far stretch, IMHO.
ITA.

I will say she had them. But I have been there in my life with most of them. I didn’t run away or turn my back on anyone. I didn’t do drugs or become an alcoholic. Life is like that. Sometimes it’s tough every moment and sometimes you get a break. I think KB was a tough young lady who had faith. She had no way of knowing the person she trusted would kill her. Reminds me of Shanaan Watts.
The thing I find the saddest about these cases is seeing these beautiful young women - Laci, Lori, Charli, Mollie, Shanann, Kelsey - women with promising lives ahead of them being robbed of their futures. In Kelsey's case, she had a child, a home, a career she loved, and a fiancé, who unfortunately, wasn't who she thought he was. Tragic.

OK. So, in my mind, I came to this. Not much.

There's a reason PF felt he could ask KK to murder KB.
There's a reason he felt she wouldn't say anything about his asking her to commit murder KB.
Unfortunately, I believe there's little left of KB. I don't think it was nearby. I don't think anyone cares about the burning laws, etc. I know it's been mentioned before. Timothy Bosma comes to mind. The Eliminator. Sorry for the inference.

State Of The Art Incinerator:

I swear. I have friends who know things about me that might curl some peoples toes. There is no friend, ANYBODY, I would feel safe enough to even bring up the notion of killing someone. I cannot even fathom someone asking someone they knew to even think of doing this. I know other people think differently or do things for someone for love, but, he thinks so highly of himself that KK would do this because he asked? Keep it a secret because HE asked? There's a reason. KK's love for PF isn't doin it for me. I can't wrap my head around that. That's just me. I know it's been done before for the same reason. It's just a big no for me.

IMO, there must be something else incriminating PF in this murder besides KK's say so. There's a reason he's on one side of the bars and she's on the other. There's also a reason PF's lawyer needed more time to get stuff done. PF's lost his swagger - although it's probably real tough with ankle restraints. There's no steely eyed stare down. IMO. Maybe even HE was shocked by what he read.

One last thing. I know nothing about this, but, if anything pointed to KK, wouldn't she be the one behind bars? I can't see it being that she's helping police, so they're not arresting her.

All of this is just some of my thoughts.
Totally right.

The thing is even the R's are saying in the interview if only we had called and the police went by, maybe none of this would have happened. You can't expect others not to agree.

But to me that doesn't mean they are responsible for KB's death. It also doesn't mean that even if they had gone to police, he still wouldn' t have done it. There are cases after cases of restraining orders that were violated and death resulted.

So yes, alot of people feel like they should have gone to police, the R's wish they had. Some people understand why they didn't, but still wish they had.

edit: to add MOO

They are lawyers they know LE probably would have said- out of state, no prior history of DV, third party- get the woman to go to LE.

But I get what you are saying sometimes it is hard to hear negative remarks. Which is why I don't understand why they did this interview- they knew what was happening to their employee already- - that was unfair- but not from this site. How did they not see what would happen.
I think the real problem lies in the fact that the R's aren't really telling "their" story, their telling us what KK wants everyone to hear. It's her story they are selling and it is suspect for a number of reasons just as PF's story to CB and others was. By the R's coming forward it appears that they are making excuses for someone who has no excuse for being involved and not bringing this "plot" to the attention of someone, anyone before it happened. Had KK refused to participate in this evil deed, there would be no backlash and no need for the interview. I guess I'm more upset at the fact that they allowed themselves to become a mouthpiece for KK.

Last edited:
I can’t help but wonder if we looked at this backwards. Is it possible parts of human remains were found on the Frazee property (burnt or otherwise) & sent for analysis? The return visit to Kelsey’s could have been to get items for DNA comparison? The search of his property was over quicker than expected, they finished on Sunday 12.16, did a routine follow up later that week. By Friday 12.21 he was arrested.
They brought in some serious equipment to dig that large hole in the Fs yard. I don't want to speculate about what they found there, but I do think that they had a good reason to dig. MOO

I think the real problem lies in the fact that the R's aren't really telling "their" story, their telling us what KK wants everyone to hear. It's her story they are selling and it is suspect for a number of reasons just as PF's story to CB and others was. By the R's coming forward it appears that they are making excuses for someone who has no excuse for being involved and not bringing this "plot" to the attention of someone, anyone before it happened. Had KK refused to participate in this evil deed, there would be no backlash and no need for the interview. I guess I'm more upset at the fact that they allowed themselves to become a mouthpiece for KK.
Yes, and I don’t see the BFF being interviewed. Wonder why.

It's Colorado as of yet, unless they can make a federal case. Colorado has DP on the books, it's not used. With this idiotic mess, unless there's some major physical evidence, they'll be fighting to get a conviction enough.

Now, if they can pull federal charges, there's a different discussion.

But without a body or body part proving incompatibility with life, DP will be hard anywhere.
Delete

And is a body retrievable from there. Is it a cliff or gorge? I lean towards him destroying her body on his property, but I still wonder about other scenarios.

Lots of cliffs and switchbacks with steep ledges, and as another poster mentioned, tons of wildlife including bears, bobcats, mountain lions, ect. No houses for miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member