CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #30 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think your last statement is correct. The prosecution said during the 12/31 hearing that they were going to turn over the affidavit to the defense that day - but then they asked the judge to issue an order barring PF from seeing it for the time being. The judge declined to issue that order on the spot, and instead set it as an issue to be heard on Friday of that week.

I personally think that without that requested order on Monday, they did not turn the affidavit over to the defense. If they had, there would have been nothing precluding the defense from letting PF see it. So it’s most likely that they kept it for that four days (they had said they only needed a week anyway), and then turned it over on Friday so that during the hearing it would be a moot point and they wouldn’t need to waste time on it in court.
I promised not to comment on the flamboyant R's but I can paste on my own notes from the news releases concerning the court hearing and aftermath on December 21, 2019:
In the initial arraignment of this date, the defense made a motion requesting that the prosecution be ordered to release the arrest warrant, which contains a summary of the evidence against Patrick Berreth, immediately. Without it, the defense has absolutely no factual case to defend. The prosecution lawyer had no objection, provided the details remain limited to the defense and restricted from public viewing. The motion was then granted. The District Attorney’s office, which is in Colorado Springs, then filed a motion to rescind the order claiming that the attorney in the courtroom did not know the contents of the sealed warrant, nor did he realize that the release of the information would jeopardize the ongoing investigation, and might place the safety of some witnesses in peril.
That, in eesence, was what Mrs R tried to say. She got the dates all wrong, and somewhat misinterpreted the meaning of it all.
Gee, I wonder if CBS will pay me union scale to go and and interpret as these people babble? Maybe they need a sign language person in the corner of the screen.

fwiw, that LE isn't actively searching or asking the public to keep an eye out for KB's body just speaks volumes to me. I live in Colorado and there's no local admonition, no anything. It's like they discovered what they discovered, arrested him, charged him, and stopped looking.

I think like many others, LE was given info that the body is gone.

I keep thinking of another case: the murder of stunningly beautiful Dallas pediatric dentist Kendra Hatcher, age 35, in 2015. She was dating Dr Ricardo Paniagua for about 6 months. What she didn't know about was the woman he dumped, Brenda Delgado. Delgado hired hitman Kristopher Love and getaway driver Crystal Cortes to murder Kendra.

Motives? Sentences?

Brenda Delgado - jealous rage of a woman scorned. Trial hasn't started, faces LWOP because after fleeing to Mexico the extradition agreement to return her to the USA requires that she not face a death penalty

Kristopher Love - triggerman received the death penalty October 2018. Delgado had paid him in drugs and cash.

Crystal Cortes - plea deal to testify against others, 35 years. Delgado had paid her $500 for her role.

Jennifer Escobar - roommate of Delgado testified for the prosecution that Delgado had solicited her in the murder plot, but she had declined

Dr Paniagua - knew nothing

Links:
Plot to kill Uptown dentist unlike any case Dallas detective has seen, he testifies | Courts | Dallas News

Gunman in Dallas dentist's murder sentenced to death

Sandy, as in the case you have posted, there were several involved.
It appears, it may be similar in Kelsey's murder, if the R's interviews are to be believed.
MOO.

I promised not to comment on the flamboyant R's but I can paste on my own notes from the news releases concerning the court hearing and aftermath on December 21, 2019:
In the initial arraignment of this date, the defense made a motion requesting that the prosecution be ordered to release the arrest warrant, which contains a summary of the evidence against Patrick Berreth, immediately. Without it, the defense has absolutely no factual case to defend. The prosecution lawyer had no objection, provided the details remain limited to the defense and restricted from public viewing. The motion was then granted. The District Attorney’s office, which is in Colorado Springs, then filed a motion to rescind the order claiming that the attorney in the courtroom did not know the contents of the sealed warrant, nor did he realize that the release of the information would jeopardize the ongoing investigation, and might place the safety of some witnesses in peril.
That, in eesence, was what Mrs R tried to say. She got the dates all wrong, and somewhat misinterpreted the meaning of it all.
Gee, I wonder if CBS will pay me union scale to go and and interpret as these people babble? Maybe they need a sign language person in the corner of the screen.

This discussion had nothing to do with the R's nor any of the dates they talked about- which have nothing to do with the warrant by the way..

This was a discussion about the sealed arrest warrant which we resolved in another post. Released to Defense on Jan 31 under a protective order that was being reviewed jan 4 which was then recinded on Jan 4 anyway.

You can look back at the previous posts for the proof source if you need it.

I keep thinking of another case: the murder of stunningly beautiful Dallas pediatric dentist Kendra Hatcher, age 35, in 2015. She was dating Dr Ricardo Paniagua for about 6 months. What she didn't know about was the woman he dumped, Brenda Delgado. Delgado hired hitman Kristopher Love and getaway driver Crystal Cortes to murder Kendra.

Motives? Sentences?

Brenda Delgado - jealous rage of a woman scorned. Trial hasn't started, faces LWOP because after fleeing to Mexico the extradition agreement to return her to the USA requires that she not face a death penalty

Kristopher Love - triggerman received the death penalty October 2018. Delgado had paid him in drugs and cash.

Crystal Cortes - plea deal to testify against others, 35 years. Delgado had paid her $500 for her role.

Jennifer Escobar - roommate of Delgado testified for the prosecution that Delgado had solicited her in the murder plot, but she had declined

Dr Paniagua - knew nothing

Links:
Plot to kill Uptown dentist unlike any case Dallas detective has seen, he testifies | Courts | Dallas News

Gunman in Dallas dentist's murder sentenced to death

Was he ever arrested though?

• On Sunday, Jan. 13, you’ll hear about Krystal and Patrick’s relationship and her time spent in Colorado with him.
Ew, do we have to?

KK had the footlong chili cheese coney, hold the onions, and PF had the double bacon cheeseburger with tater tots. Both enjoyed a diet Dr Pepper.

It this wasn't all so tragic it would make great comedy.

I think like many others, LE was given info that the body is gone.

I agree, disposed of as well, completely. If they found only blood at the duplex, that might not be enough to make a definitive determination that she was definitely dead. brain matter or spinal fluid would bring that determination tho. I think they know that she won't be found. I'm local too and no ones looking here. moo

One question I have is what was the text sent to PF. We don't know. We also don't know who sent them. We don't know if he killed KB in front of the baby(btw I strongly believe he would not do). We just don't know.
It bothers me all the wild and crazy, name calling and degrading comments about the supposed. I don't know who did it. I also don't know them. Like you I speculate that it was "possibly" a joint effort of KK and PF, but we don't know.
If KK was visiting PF during Thanksgiving what was she doing in WP? Also have you ever tried to drive 12 hours straight? Not many people can. Can't help but think someone was with KK in the car. Yep, this is bigger than what we think.
Also, there has not been a motive presented that makes sense to me. Just MHO
I have driven twelve hours many times. Cannot do it anymore as I’m too old for that. But someone KKs age could do it easily, especially if her adrenaline is high. I do believe there is a third person. I don’t know who. We don’t have much to go on. Call it a hunch.

Last edited:
Who was Kelsey Berreth? Quiet life apparently ends in tragedy | Premium | gazette.com

SABBMFAA:
  • “She was a farm girl looking for someone with strong family values and someone who held the same beliefs and morals,” Loucado said on a Facebook discussion page. “I think she was awestruck that this handsome cattle rancher was interested.”
Oh, poor Kelsey....she deserved a good man. Not that evil monster. This makes me so sad.

That link is paywalled for me. It can be read on their twitter feed though.

The Gazette (@csgazette) on Twitter

ETA: from the article:

Garretson said Berreth loved the freedom of flight from a young age and obtained her pilot’s license as a teen.

“I’d forgotten how young she was when she learned how to fly,” her cousin said.

And she was a “damn good pilot," said Loucado.

Intelius.com has KB living with Aunt JG for most of 2016, so I would rate this post, and the previous one about her meeting PF in March 2016, as TRUE.

Maybe proof of a dark, unspeakable secret was on KB phone, all KK thought she was doing is getting rid of it to keep the secret. Thinking outloud.
(WildWest) “Maybe proof of a dark, unspeakable secret was on KB phone, all KK thought she was doing is getting rid of it to keep a secret.”

Yeah. KK’s fingerprints. And KK’s hands were ON that phone.

The dark secret was that she had the phone of a murdered mother of a child. She most likely sent misleading texts from that phone. And she almost certainly had the power to prevent being in that particular scenario.

Along with whatever more there is to said scenario, that is yet to be known.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member