CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may very well be right. Hopefully, we'll find out what PF's motive was at trial.

One thing I will say: I'd rather take up permanent residence at 112 Ocean Ave., Amityville, NY, than to spend one single night under the roof of the F's ranchette.

Somethin' ain't right there, IMO.

There's a reason the court placed Baby K with KB's parents vs. with PF's mother at the ranchette.

I live near there. It's a beautiful house, whether or not it speaks LOL. Right now...I would prefer staying there, than someplace remote that it takes so long to locate a body (yes, I am aware a suspect who talks is helpful in this situation). IMO

As I sit here watching a blizzard, I can't help but think there might still be a cast of thousands to find and interrogate. I just have never seen a group of women like this with all the talking they have done! And in the middle, one man who refuses to talk.
MOO,MOO

If he does have issues with women like some have speculated, I bet he is sitting in prison seething at the “weakness of these women who are unable to keep their mouths shut.” MOO

True story. That was one of the most transparent criminals/cases I have ever seen...
And why was that? Was it solely because he confessed? Well, we sure know that is never going to happen here. Unfortunately.

If he does have issues with women like some have speculated, I bet he is sitting in prison seething at the “weakness of these women who are unable to keep their mouths shut.” MOO

Seething and feeling very sorry for himself! Funny how karma works to 'reign in' his slick self. Looks like he was the one "roped" this time ;) moo

It would be helpful to know if PF's truck was seen parked at KB's overnight and/or as frequently in the months leading up to her murder as it was say, before September; if so, that certainly would point toward the PF/KB "relationship" still being on.

It may just be wishful thinking on my part that KB had given him the heave-ho long ago. She was a bright woman.

Then again, "The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing."

Poor KB. Justice is coming.

That's an interesting question!!!!! With the dearth of photos of them together since birthphoto, I WONDER if there was even a relationship whatsoever other than child care sharing.

Hahaha! LOVE this!! Looks like PF’s life has come full circle!

Ha! It always does. OT - Example, Drew Peterson. It's Stacy Peterson's birthday today and I am grateful that Karma caught him by the way of His EX Kathleen Savio, even after her death of many years. I like to believe that Kathleen saw what was going on down here and helped Stacy--even tho they were "love" rivals. I feel that this case is very similar and just as sad, with no body to be found yet :(

Bingo. I suppose he never imagined that telling a woman would lead to her telling her best friend who told her employer who got on national television to tell the world. Haha.

KB making a home purchase without PF being a partner in that acquisition speaks volumes about the status of their relationship, IMO.

KB was the grown-up in the room. She knew it, too.
I do wonder if PF never planned on leaving the ranch, and that any woman in his life would just have to deal with it.
OR maybe he planned that another woman would not move in til after the matriarch died, or he'd stay single keeping the ranch in the family.
OR he planned on being a playboy for life?
OR there's the thought that kb backed off a bit since marriage wasn't imminent.
It certainly is curious that she didn't move closer to him so she could see him daily since they were engaged. But, I assume, his doing part of the driving probably helped her a lot with commuting and they could see each other on baby pickup days.
Sorting it all out. I'm going to guess that he told her they wouldn't marry til the matriarch died, so she saw herself in it for the long haul and seriously working at supporting herself and baby. It sounds like a plan. But he planned she'd die (instead) for some inconceivable reason.
In most of our minds it seemed like he had it good. A ranch, a fiancee, a baby and freedom.
I guess he didn't want her for a gf, and that's how he fixed it?!
More thoughts. If he married KB, she could partially inherit the ranch. And even though pf had money, most guys still don't want to 'fork' any over after a breakup or divorce.

That's an interesting question!!!!! With the dearth of photos of them together since birthphoto, I WONDER if there was even a relationship whatsoever other than child care sharing.
well, we know that Kelsey's Mom visited in October, so they had to be together at least then. She said they had a loving relationship. Given that she saw them just weeks before, I would say that at the very least, PF was lovingly pretending to be Kelsey's fiance. Makes me sick to think he could be so loving in front of her Mom while plotting the poor woman's death.

i keep thinking back to the neighbor comment that she thought PF lived with KB because she saw the truck at the address often. there is a big "if" for me however "if" in fact PF was there fairly often it would indicate to me that perhaps CB[mom] was not aware that the two were in some respects attempting to live together. then again, if PF was in fact there quite often that is proof that his claim that KB broke up with him was a lie. the two can not be breaking up at the same time that PF appeared to be living there. so it would be important to find other neighbors who could verify that PF truck was at KB home quite often and for somewhat long periods of time.
Also, I thought the neighbor said she wasn't sure which truck belonged to who.
Either way, she may have seen the truck there often because he was there every day picking up or dropping off the child. Imo

I know, I’m asking the same questions:

Why? And why now?

What happened in September that led to his plan being set in motion?

I still haven’t seen anything that gives an indication as to what precipitated this.

It exists, obviously, but we can only guess at this point.

What happened in September? The Magic Valley Stampede, look at the dates on the photo's, September 1, 2018. Magic Valley Stampede - Filer, Idaho - Rodeo | Facebook

I agree, on both the creepy aspect and partially on money. If PF and KB said "cattle pricing" (not sure the exact phrasing) as to why they didn't get married right away...he was living "at home" with an unknown monthly personal expense by doing so...plus what he was earning doing his rodeo/farrier/cattle etc business. Relationships seem to be at arms distance, so personal space/money as motivation for this whole mess makes sense to me.

Really weird feeling to me if money is involved it is usually drug-related somehow.

What happened in September? The Magic Valley Stampede, look at the dates on the photo's, September 1, 2018. Magic Valley Stampede - Filer, Idaho - Rodeo | Facebook

Maybe KB told PF in September of plans to relocate with the baby (either to home by her parents or closer to her work) beginning in the new year and she was just sick of his crap. Just a gut feeling. The baby seems to be the one and only common denominator between the two that I can figure. His mom sure jumped on the custody issue a little too quickly considering the circumstances imho. I hope we learn more truths soon and MSM does a better job of reporting!

well, we know that Kelsey's Mom visited in October, so they had to be together at least then. She said they had a loving relationship. Given that she saw them just weeks before, I would say that at the very least, PF was lovingly pretending to be Kelsey's fiance. Makes me sick to think he could be so loving in front of her Mom while plotting the poor woman's death.
I didn't even realize she spent any time with PF. I thought she was just visiting Kelsey.
I had asked a long time ago if there was ever any verification that her mom saw him at that time but I never did see the answer so I'm still curious. I did not see any pictures with him in them during that time.
Was she referring to when she saw them on that trip when she said , "they were loving?"
I thought it was just a general statement, as if at one time, when they were engaged, they were loving. She also said it wasn't "ideal", but they made it work or something like that. Imo

I do wonder if PF never planned on leaving the ranch, and that any woman in his life would just have to deal with it.
OR maybe he planned that another woman would not move in til after the matriarch died, or he'd stay single keeping the ranch in the family.
It certainly is curious that she didn't move closer to him so she could see him daily since they were engaged. But, I assume, his doing part of the driving probably helped her a lot with commuting and they could see each other on baby pickup days.
Sorting it all out. I'm going to guess that he told her they wouldn't marry til the matriarch died, so she saw herself in it for the long haul and seriously working at supporting herself and baby. It sounds like a plan. But he planned she'd die (instead) for some inconceivable reason.
In most of our minds it seemed like he had it good. A ranch, a fiancee, a baby and freedom.
I guess he didn't want her for a gf, and that's how he fixed it?!
More thoughts. If he married KB, she could partially inherit the ranch. And even though pf had money, most guys still don't want to 'fork' any over after a breakup or divorce.

if it was all about the ranch, they could have had a pre-nup. chances are KB, who had her own career/resources would have foregone an interest in the ranch, IMO. it could be that KB wanted her own home, however, and was not integrating into whatever role the family wanted for her. the fact that PF sought out KB and helped her move is one of the most confounding aspects for me. I ask myself if ranch life had made PF think that human baby birth was like stud service- you just get the offspring and the parents are not related. I also ask myself if he really was not a "player" as some have speculated and that he had few or no relationships and could not deal with all the give and take required. there are so few facts provided to give insight into these two people.

Hey guys, been trying to catch up for days and marking my spot.

I really don’t have much to add that hasn’t been covered at this point. As always, hoping we see some of our speculations verified or dismissed in the coming week!

MOO, MOO!
Maybe it's because it's Sunday. But for some reason for the first time, I feel like KB can be found.
OR maybe it's because of this idiot group of women who surround KK who can't keep their mouths shut! I don't often use the word "stupid". Those who were educated by rosary swingin nuns might understand why. But these women have me troubled! It seems to me what one doesn't know, the next one does then as LE finds them and leans a bit, we have a bit more information.
As disgusting as it is, I can see KB being buried in landfill. Reason being is because not one of our girls or PF is street smart and I would go so far as to say, none of them have records. Sometimes being naive is a wonderful thing. Stupid, washes murder clothes before they call police and when LE gets there to investigate a break in and a dead husband, the back door glass is broken going OUT, there is a wet outfit in the washer and when pulled out, they find 5 shell casings 3 in the washer tub, 2 still in a wet jean pocket. And I could go on, just about "stupid" in that case! So KBs body being found intact in a landfill is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. This group are not garbage experts! They don't know they are dealing with the top-in-their-field landfill operators. They don't know that WM tracks and sets up grids of their refuse. To them, they are garbage collectors, nothing more.
I guess what I'm saying is don't complicate the contents of a pingpong ball. And NEVER underestimate stupid.
MOO, MOO, MOO, MOO!

Last edited:
I didn't even realize she spent any time with PF. I thought she was just visiting Kelsey.
I had asked a long time ago if there was ever any verification that her mom saw him at that time but I never did see the answer so I'm still curious. I did not see any pictures with him in them during that time.
Was she referring to when she saw them on that trip when she said , "they were loving?"
I thought it was just a general statement, as if at one time, when they were engaged, they were loving. She also said it wasn't "ideal", but they made it work or something like that. Imo

I remember this being asked and IIRC, no evidence or pictures to support it. I would think his absence could have been easily explained. Or, he was there...I could go with him playing the happy family role also.

It’s so frustrating to know that he solicited before this and we have no details on why! No way do I believe the statements made by the R’s that he felt Kelsey could harm their baby. Never in a million years!!! IMO

RSABBMBMFF:
I do think that the fact KB bought her own place without PF's involvement/investment is a strong indicator that the relationship had at least cooled to some extent. Certainly, there's nothing that supports the idea that marriage between the two was imminent. IMO, it's a mighty long engagement for a couple that already shared a child and where one of them at least had the resources to support a family home.
I haven't read anywhere that they had set a wedding date.
I haven't read anywhere that she had an engagement ring.
Their "engagement" seems a little nebulous.

I have wondered about PF's intentions r/t living on the ranchette.
Curious to know whether or not PF lived somewhere else at any point in his life, i.e., if he ever moved away initially after finishing school and then came back to the ranchette later on to (ostensibly) help mother.

If he's never moved away from mother and the umbilical chord has remained firmly intact, then I do think he may have planned to stay there forever. He may have a rigid personality type that just can't deal with changes or disruptions to his routines. Then again, he "moved KB out there" and had a baby with her, which posed definite changes in his routine. Hard to say. It's just flat weird. Coloring within the lines of TOS, with that, I'll put my crayons down.

All of the above: JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member