CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know of one way to get him to talk- tell him he will no longer receive love letters from his female admirers since he's been arrested. Guy needs his ego stroked somehow.........

Is it harmful to swallow one's own bile? Because I just did.

I will never understand it. They all should be voted out of the sisterhood

Ha! What’s frustrating is that many of the answers are likely contained in that sealed arrest affidavit.

In most cases, atleast in Colorado, we’d have seen it by now.

Once again, the damn Watts case spoiled us in that regard.

I can't wait for the prelim on 02/19.

Only 30 more days to go.

Last edited:
Checking back in from too much work. Thank you all for your integrity and intelligent posts I am grateful and appreciate them when I cannot be online as much as I'd like. Lupus challenged and online is not always by best friend. HAppy Weekend to everyone! :)

Sorry to hear of your Lupus problem.:(
Hope there are no flair ups as you need to keep abreast here.
Surely, we will have breaking news: someone is talking, I hope.
MOO.

They may have had a lot of leads to follow up and it may have taken a lot of time to get saved videos from Nov. 22 and then watch for PF's red truck. Then they had to decide if they wanted to undertake the landfill search, knowing how difficult and time consuming it will be. They may even have considered the sensitivities of the family.
Well as long as we're throwing out possibilities, I would add that in addition to someone talking, LE may have received some results of forensic testing. At a minimum, we know that they collected evidence from the ranchette, KB's home, and the waste facility.
MOO

Well as long as we're throwing out possibilities, I would add that in addition to someone talking, LE may have received some results of forensic testing. At a minimum, we know that they collected evidence from the ranchette, KB's home, and the waste facility.
MOO

Yep, and they served search warrants in ID, too.
Evidence they gathered there may have paid dividends back in CO.

And he had the perfect helper, jealous of the woman who dared have a baby with him.
MOO

This is a good of motive of any mentioned. It is competitive when the one you think you are in a relationship with has a child with a lovely lady with an adorable baby in close proximity.

KB making a home purchase without PF being a partner in that acquisition speaks volumes about the status of their relationship, IMO.

KB was the grown-up in the room. She knew it, too.
i keep thinking back to the neighbor comment that she thought PF lived with KB because she saw the truck at the address often. there is a big "if" for me however "if" in fact PF was there fairly often it would indicate to me that perhaps CB[mom] was not aware that the two were in some respects attempting to live together. then again, if PF was in fact there quite often that is proof that his claim that KB broke up with him was a lie. the two can not be breaking up at the same time that PF appeared to be living there. so it would be important to find other neighbors who could verify that PF truck was at KB home quite often and for somewhat long periods of time.

Why hasn't there been another arrest yet?

What's the reason for the holdup?

*ETA: Can't they bargain with her from a cell just as easily, if not better, than from her living room? I would think that putting her under arrest would give them more leverage, not less.

*FETA: They have her dead to rights on the phone, for pete's sake!
I've been thinking the same thing! Driving me crazy :) Christina Nouga (Dellen Millard's "sweetie") although only being charged with accessory after the fact was arrested and locked up first. Can't remember at the moment but she may have also been charged with obstruction. Anyway, it was after the arrest that the "deal making" happened. I find it very strange that KK is NOT behind bars. I guess that's why I'm leaning towards her "cooperating" through her attorney which is likely about as fruitful as PF cooperating through his.

I can't come up with any other reason. Have they so little against her?? Or, as Trudie has been suggesting, did she have a "breakdown" and is safely tucked away somewhere? I'll be honest here, if I were in her shoes right now, I'd be contemplating suicide myself, for REAL, I wouldn't be "faking" it. I can't even imagine getting involved in something this heinous and have to face friends and family never mind trying to explain this to my children one day. AND, if she is more involved than the phone, an immunity deal is highly unlikely, and she knows she going to prison. She may be thinking about what she's facing and can't deal with it emotionally. But then again, that's IF she has a conscience and I'm not convinced of that after hearing the R's interview. All MOO, of course.

I assume they have used cadaver dogs around trash dumpsters/garbage trucks, and his pickup.

The police would probably have to use a large amount of personnel to search the dump in question. They have priorities and searching this dump may not be a priority but they probably have told the dump workers, don't dump in a certain area that is to be searched later. And who knows, maybe the statement that "he may have killed before" might have diverted resources into another direction.

Anyone else besides me, think that KL's friend talk to her employers for one or both reasons:

1. she was truly worried about her friend being asked to do this
2. her friend confessed to helping PF, whether it was hiding the phone and sending texts, or helping with the murder itself as well as the phone and texts.

and for my last BOMBSHELL, which prompted the lawyers to make that tough phone call to the FBI- maybe her BFF helped her get rid of the phone and send the texts. Who knows, maybe she helped hide evidence, too, thought about it afterwards, went hysterical and begged her bosses for legal advice. She might not have known at the time that Kelsey had been murdered, or her name, at the very least.

I have dealt with many informants in my career. People other then Hannibal Lector have a need to release their guilt and stress. This is through transfer to someone else. Her friend went to someone close I believe in a legal profession to cover herself. She is basically saying, "I am not guilty because I told a lawyer which I trust so that releases me of responsibility." She was wrong and they delayed any action failing KB. The real guilty party is PF and we don't know about KL yet as far as involvement in the homicide.

My gut instinct from the start has been that PF's motive is related in some way to money.
My gut may be completely wrong, of course.
There's no telling with PF.

Maybe he didn't need any reason other than being an evil creep.

Whatever his motive, it's a safe bet that it's not going to make any sense whatsoever.

I agree, on both the creepy aspect and partially on money. If PF and KB said "cattle pricing" (not sure the exact phrasing) as to why they didn't get married right away...he was living "at home" with an unknown monthly personal expense by doing so...plus what he was earning doing his rodeo/farrier/cattle etc business. Relationships seem to be at arms distance, so personal space/money as motivation for this whole mess makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay