CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
they knew things were not rosy.
CB was very careful not to play her hand to the media.
hence the civil suit suing him for emotional and physical abuse of KB in the lead up to her murder.
there must be an obvious trail of evidence for them to go here.

moo
:(

Have we heard from any of his previous girlfriends?

Are they afraid to come forward and tell what he was like during their relationship? Or have they told LE and it is being kept “under the vest”?

At his age, one would assume he either has had numerous girlfriends or long lasting relationships. IMO.

Only one has spoken, through her significant other, PF cheated on her while she was in the hospital.

I’m hoping LE has spoken to others and is keeping the details under wraps.

Totally agree that PF living with his mother in his early 30’s is weird. Could have just stayed in the “weirdness category” had KB not been murdered.

Yeah, developmental issues and personality disorder issues. Seems he never developed past the adolescent stage, emotionally and socially. No individuation from his mother.

He perceived KB too threatening to him. Would disrupt his enmeshment with mother and make him leave the nest.

Murder was a rational choice for him so he didn’t have to challenge the status quo. Even prison might feel safer to him than dealing with unresolved developmental wounds and issues.

Such a tragic ending for KB.

MOO
Maybe his mother did not want him to move out. I believe she lives there alone. She is attached to that baby hence her wanting partial custody and I don't blame her, she has been helping take care of her.

Maybe his mother did not want him to move out. I believe she lives there alone. She is attached to that baby hence her wanting partial custody and I don't blame her, she has been helping take care of her.
Just deleted what I wrote because wasn’t sure if I was sleuthing PFs mother and I know that is against the rules!

This article from early in the case says that according to her former boss at Springs Aviation she would talk about PF often. Does anyone remember if someone from Doss has ever commented about her and/or her relationship with PF?

Colorado police arrest fiance of Kelsey Berreth, mother who disappeared | Boston.com

"At the time of her disappearance, Berreth was a flight instructor in the Pueblo office of Doss Aviation, which provides flight training for the U.S. military and international armed services. The company does not “release information about employees,” said a spokeswoman, refusing to say how long Berreth worked there or what kind of employee she was."

Who was Kelsey Berreth? Quiet life apparently ends in tragedy | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

I think Doss had smartly stayed out of the media.

Until I hear differently, I'll trust that Baby K was conceived in love and was not an accident.

I agree, at least on KB’s part. She would have been near 28 or so...I doubt it was an “oops” pregnancy, or a relationship in order to have a baby. You don’t have to move for that. Or buy a house far from your family.

Ditto.

KB was described as an introvert, and I think there's a distinct appeal to dating sites for a lot of introverts. Like MG observed earlier on this thread, distance is PF's BFF. I'm sure he made himself out to be her dream man. She couldn't see the monster hiding behind the computer screen. It's so sad.

I agree in some ways, he allowed the feel of (false) anonymity. imo

well, we know that Kelsey's Mom visited in October, so they had to be together at least then. She said they had a loving relationship. Given that she saw them just weeks before, I would say that at the very least, PF was lovingly pretending to be Kelsey's fiance. Makes me sick to think he could be so loving in front of her Mom while plotting the poor woman's death.

I always wondered how much of CB's speech was written by LE to keep PF from knowing what they knew

This article from early in the case says that according to her former boss at Springs Aviation she would talk about PF often. Does anyone remember if someone from Doss has ever commented about her and/or her relationship with PF?

Colorado police arrest fiance of Kelsey Berreth, mother who disappeared | Boston.com

Not sure if he works for Doss but here is another pilot's statement:

In February 2017, Berreth told fellow pilot Kris Ackerman that she was getting married soon.

Ackerman, a classmate of Berreth’s in pilot school, described her as “quiet and reserved.”

“Very nice to anyone she interacted with,” Ackerman said on Facebook.

He last spoke with her in June 2017, when she told him she aspired to fly cargo deliveries or work as an airline pilot.
Who was Kelsey Berreth? Quiet life apparently ends in tragedy | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

As I recall, from the Sam Sayers search and some others, there is an organization, based in Canada, Wings Of Mercy Drone Search and Rescue (SAR)

From their website:
"Wings of Mercy Drone Search and Rescue (SAR) is a grassroots volunteer group which uses cutting-edge drone technology to help rural and remote communities locate men, women and children who have gone missing. Wings Of Mercy enlists the assistance of drone operators across North America to work with families as well as law enforcement and search and rescue teams to quickly provide aerial images from dense and challenging areas where it is too risky for humans to tread. "
Glad to hear it, such a useful service and they can go just about anywhere and get low and hover.

It says they couldn't marry because they couldn't afford a house...but they HAD a house. Kelsey, anyways, had one. On the flip side, if a guy, any guy, had a house, his SO/wife would move in. Baffling. Maybe she got the townhouse expecting him to move in, but nada.

Ditto.

KB was described as an introvert, and I think there's a distinct appeal to dating sites for a lot of us introverts. Like MG observed earlier on this thread, distance is PF's BFF. I'm sure he made himself out to be her dream man. She couldn't see the monster hiding behind the computer screen. It's so sad.
You gotta wonder what kind of monster he really was. He doesn't seem to get emotionally close to women. And it was reported by KK that she thought he killed before. I'm not saying it's true that he did, but it could be. IF he killed before, he could have killed just because he's evil. No other reason.

Sounds like she was in CO at least six months before getting pregnant. I don’t know why people are trying to dismiss a relationship when she moved far from home to be near him. I am sure she could have found a man to get her pregnant in WA if that is what she wanted.

I don't know. It's just that she seems to be a strong, independent woman, who makes very deliberate decisions.

I am sure she could have found someone to co-parent with her back in Wa, but maybe she wanted some separation from her family. Maybe she wanted to move, and to go after her dream job, and have more independence?

I just find it hard to believe that he fooled her so totally, and that she could believe those excuses that she was feeding to her mother. I think she was more perceptive and logical than that. She didn't put his last name on the Birth Certificate and she bought herself her own little townhouse. She knew she wasn't going to marry him anytime soon. I think she was fine co-parenting for now.

She had her dream job, her beautiful baby girl, and she had in-laws and a baby-daddy to care for her child while she was at work. I think she was content with the situation for the moment. Too bad she didnt understand what a vile snake he was.

I haven't read that Kelsey was an introvert. Could you help with a link? tia

Hey, gliving! I'm almost sure I read that in an MSM article, but I couldn't find it off hand, so I've edited that part out of my op while I go look for the article...if I can find it, I'll post it and tag you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay