CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #32 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you weren't sleuthing her. She's not a suspect.

Just because I was confused myself I looked at the WS Admin rules. Here is what I found about sleuthing of family members of suspects. At least a helpful reminder for me!

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

I think he Absolutely convinced KK that KB was going to harm the baby. I would love to hear what all he must have told her about this. This was his murder motive, after all, that Kk shared with bff who shared with the Rs who shared with the world.

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I meant that I’m sure Kelsey would never harm her baby. Who knows what BS he could have fed KK. But that’s it, all BS.

Hard to fathom anyone in their right mind continuing any kind of relationship with someone talking about murdering the mother of their child. Maybe he did have some kind of hold on her...

Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I meant that I’m sure Kelsey would never harm her baby. Who knows what BS he could have fed KK. But that’s it, all BS.

Hard to fathom anyone in their right mind continuing any kind of relationship with someone talking about murdering the mother of their child. Maybe he did have some kind of hold on her...
I think he did have a hold on kk. First loves can be hard to forget. Too bad common sense didn’t prevail.

Has is been verified that PF is not on birth certificate? I find that hard to believe, especially since LE left the baby in his care until the arrest.

I didnt mean the paternity on the birth certificate, I misspoke, I meant she didn't give the baby his last name on the birth certificate., She may have named him as the father, but her last name is written as Bereth.

It says they couldn't marry because they couldn't afford a house...but they HAD a house. Kelsey, anyways, had one. On the flip side, if a guy, any guy, had a house, his SO/wife would move in. Baffling. Maybe she got the townhouse expecting him to move in, but nada.
I think there was zero chance she thought a guy whose life activities were dog training, horse training/rodeo riding, and cattle ranching, would live in a townhome on no acreage. Maybe he'd spend the night occasionally, but it would never have been his home unless he completely changed lifestyle, and KB would have known that. The townhome was for KB. IMO

I think there was zero chance she thought a guy whose life activities were dog training, horse training/rodeo riding, and cattle ranching, would live in a townhome on no acreage. Maybe he'd spend the night occasionally, but it would never have been his home unless he completely changed lifestyle, and KB would have known that. The townhome was for KB. IMO

I totally agree. She wanted a cozy home for herself and her baby girl. JMO

Just because I was confused myself I looked at the WS Admin rules. Here is what I found about sleuthing of family members of suspects. At least a helpful reminder for me!

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.
That's good, but the mother wasn't being bashed.

You gotta wonder what kind of monster he really was. He doesn't seem to get emotionally close to women. And it was reported by KK that she thought he killed before. I'm not saying it's true that he did, but it could be. IF he killed before, he could have killed just because he's evil. No other reason.
In KK's statement she thought he had killed before, sure wish she would of given more details.

I didnt mean the paternity on the birth certificate, I misspoke, I meant she didn't give the baby his last name on the birth certificate., She may have named him as the father, but her last name is written as Bereth.
There are laws regarding paternity on birth certificates for unmarried parents.

This is a great article about Kelsey. Thanks for the link. Still not finding any mention of her being introverted.
This quote from the article indicates that she might be introverted without actually using that term: "Berreth was “a very shy person until you actually get to know her,” said Luda Boychuk, a friend." ETA reading about her makes me so sad. She didn't have to die.

...aaaaaaand once again, MassGuy (if that's your real name), you've managed to beautifully and concisely state in 20 seconds what it took me several attempts and wordy paragraphs to try to articulate. Haha.

Anyway, to your bolded point above: if that's true, then there is something really odd about that. IMO, he was never planning to leave the nest. It's weird as all get out. There's a personality disorder or developmental issue with him, or both, IMO.
It would be so interesting to read a psych eval for PF. Wonder if one's ever been done.

...aaaaaaaand, GordianKnot (if that is your real name), both you and MassGuy are wonderful writers. You express yourself very well.

I am not sure that PF’s failure to launch is much more than his mother wants him to live there, he likes to live and work on a ranch (rent free), and he does pretty much as he pleases. However, I would be more comfortable if he had built a small home on the property, and started a family of his own. He still could have made sure his mother was safe and looked after.

But, as we all know now, he has some serious problems and that never could have happened.

Last edited:
This is a great article about Kelsey. Thanks for the link. Still not finding any mention of her being introverted.
I don't think anyone used the word "introverted" in their description of her, but she was described as being quiet, shy, and reserved. Some may interpret that as being introverted. Her mom also said that she focused on quality, rather than quantity, in her relationships. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l