CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, delete if not allowed! Just an observance I made

No, you are prob’ right. As we all know, an article may be here one day & not the next. It’s crazy.

Would a person notice the cameras before being in line (possibly blocked in) in drive thru?

No, you are prob’ right. As we all know, an article may be here one day & not the next. It’s crazy.

Would a person notice the cameras before being in line (possibly blocked in) in drive thru?
You don't get blocked in, in this drive thru! There is one black security camera and one white one, right in top of each other. I was astounded. Flabbergasted. She HAD to know she was being recorded. I don't know how you could possibly miss them. Unless she went to one of the slots and had a car hop come to her????

Well, delete if not allowed! Just an observance I made

No worries, you're fine, mustloveco...you just noted in your post that you were surprised that KK would go to Sonic given the cameras they have in place. You didn't state she definitely went to the Sonic. You were just voicing your opinion, which is what we all do here.

You don't get blocked in, in this drive thru! There is one black security camera and one white one, right in top of each other. I was astounded. Flabbergasted. She HAD to know she was being recorded. I don't know how you could possibly miss them. Unless she went to one of the slots and had a car hop come to her????

Never thought about parking & bring served. Good idea.
At my local Sonic, once in line, after ordering, you’re IN LINE. They had probs with teens ordering huge amounts & speeding off.

They may not be discreet but typically they’re not blatantly obvious either. The vast majority of QSR restaurants have cameras integrated with their Point-of-Sale systems these days. It helps them match your order with your vehicle in addition to monitoring staff performance and providing security. Not sure most lay-persons would know that, but I used to do a lot of IT infrastructure work with most of the larger brands including Sonic. I doubt it would cross KKL’s mind, assuming she did drive through. Bottom line is we’re on camera as often as not these days when we go out in public. Most of us just don’t think about it...

They may not be discreet but typically they’re not blatantly obvious either. The vast majority of QSR restaurants have cameras integrated with their Point-of-Sale systems these days. It helps them match your order with your vehicle in addition to monitoring staff performance and providing security. Not sure most lay-persons would know that, but I used to do a lot of IT infrastructure work with most of the larger brands including Sonic. I doubt it would cross KKL’s mind, assuming she did drive through. Bottom line is we’re on camera as often as not these days when we go out in public. Most of us just don’t think about it...
agreed. I don’t think any of us has a reasonable expectation of privacy any longer. IMO

agreed. I don’t think any of us has a reasonable expectation of privacy any longer. IMO

You're right, and it's scary. What's really frightening IMO is that most people aren't even concerned about protecting their privacy any more. They're perfectly comfortable with all of their personal info being out there full frontal and flapping in the breeze for everyone to see.

Down with Big Brother.
Down with Big Brother.
Down with Big Brother.

JMO.

The single precedent in Colorado for a no-body murder trial called twice as many witnesses as the OJ trial in California did. Proving a victim dead is a very intricate process which begins with what LE did to look for her. IMO searching the landfill is an excellent way to prove meanigful LE search, and it is made easier by the tight date sequence, the fact that literrally all sources into the system end up in the same landfill, and that landfill's meticulous bookkeeping and placement procedures. I think it's a given...........they gotta do it, even if it produces nothing, at least they looked.

Colorado's Kelsey Schelling murder (no body) will be tried later this year.

Expert: No-body murder cases can be tried successfully

“The interesting thing about no-body cases is, yes, they are very difficult to prosecute. But when they do go to trial, the conviction rate is actually quite high. Right now, it’s running at about 88 percent,” said Tad DiBiase, who successfully prosecuted a no-body murder case tried in Washington, D.C., in January 2006 when he worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney. “So that seems very counter-intuitive because they’re really difficult to do.”
[...]
“There are two reasons why the conviction rate is still pretty high in these cases. No. 1, prosecutors are only going to take the tough cases to trial; they’re not going to take a shaky missing persons case to trial,” DiBiase said. “And the second thing is, about 50-51 percent of no-body cases are actually domestic cases.

“So, typically, husband kills wife, boyfriend kills girlfriend, parent kills child; there’s usually a pre-existing relationship between the two people. The suspect becomes very obvious in those cases, though it doesn’t always mean it’s that person.”
[...]
DiBiase said a body is the most critical piece of evidence in a murder case, but prosecutors can present other evidence to get a conviction.

“The body gives you how the murder happened -- Was it a poisoning? Was it a shooting? Was it a strangling? It typically gives you when it happened and it also can tell you where the murder happened,” DiBiase said.

The main way in which no-body cases are made are through what DiBiase calls the three legs of a stool.

The first leg, he said, is some type of forensic evidence such as DNA or blood.

“It can also be trace evidence. It can be hair or fiber, maybe fingerprints. Some type of scientific evidence is leg No. 1,” DiBiase said.

Leg No. 2 is a confession to friends or family. And leg No. 3 is a confession to police.

“Most no-body cases are made with that kind of evidence,” DiBiase said. “Some only have one leg. The case I tried had all three. And some have none of them and those are the toughest cases. You generally don’t have eyewitnesses. They’re not filmed or anything or that type of stuff. You generally have one of those types of things.”

Colorado's Kelsey Schelling murder (no body) will be tried later this year.

Expert: No-body murder cases can be tried successfully

“The interesting thing about no-body cases is, yes, they are very difficult to prosecute. But when they do go to trial, the conviction rate is actually quite high. Right now, it’s running at about 88 percent,” said Tad DiBiase, who successfully prosecuted a no-body murder case tried in Washington, D.C., in January 2006 when he worked as an Assistant U.S. Attorney. “So that seems very counter-intuitive because they’re really difficult to do.”
[...]
“There are two reasons why the conviction rate is still pretty high in these cases. No. 1, prosecutors are only going to take the tough cases to trial; they’re not going to take a shaky missing persons case to trial,” DiBiase said. “And the second thing is, about 50-51 percent of no-body cases are actually domestic cases.

“So, typically, husband kills wife, boyfriend kills girlfriend, parent kills child; there’s usually a pre-existing relationship between the two people. The suspect becomes very obvious in those cases, though it doesn’t always mean it’s that person.”
[...]
DiBiase said a body is the most critical piece of evidence in a murder case, but prosecutors can present other evidence to get a conviction.

“The body gives you how the murder happened -- Was it a poisoning? Was it a shooting? Was it a strangling? It typically gives you when it happened and it also can tell you where the murder happened,” DiBiase said.

The main way in which no-body cases are made are through what DiBiase calls the three legs of a stool.

The first leg, he said, is some type of forensic evidence such as DNA or blood.

“It can also be trace evidence. It can be hair or fiber, maybe fingerprints. Some type of scientific evidence is leg No. 1,” DiBiase said.

Leg No. 2 is a confession to friends or family. And leg No. 3 is a confession to police.

“Most no-body cases are made with that kind of evidence,” DiBiase said. “Some only have one leg. The case I tried had all three. And some have none of them and those are the toughest cases. You generally don’t have eyewitnesses. They’re not filmed or anything or that type of stuff. You generally have one of those types of things.”
I think they’ve essentially got “two legs of the stool” here.

Forensic and digital evidence.

Statements and corroborating information (of this account) from a third party.

I hope the DA hits him hard with this proverbial stool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee