CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I hate to think that they would find her body in the landfill and I also hate to think that they wouldn't. Too bad there isn't a way to make PF talk.

I also think if CB asked KB's aunt to remove facebook posts that it could also be due to the privacy that the family has shown. I agree that she is withholding info from the public and PF by maintaining her grace, but at this point, it's not really helping any more!

Ugh, I hate to think that they would find her body in the landfill and I also hate to think that they wouldn't. Too bad there isn't a way to make PF talk.

I also think if CB asked KB's aunt to remove facebook posts that it could also be due to the privacy that the family has shown. I agree that she is withholding info from the public and PF by maintaining her grace, but at this point, it's not really helping any more!
It can still help the case, I think. Some things do not need to be reported in MSM until LE releases the info. It could endanger a conviction or cause the trial to be moved. We cannot expect LE to satisfy our curiosity and KB's family, especially Baby K, does deserve some modicum of respect for their privacy. It will come out during the trial if not before.
ETA MOO.

I think the 2nd text was to PF, not to CB.
The second text was to PF. On Dec 10, when that was revealed to the public by Chief DeYoung, the officer also stated that LE HAD NOT TALKED TO PF. The only source on that date had to have been CB, describing her only conversation about KB's whereabouts with PF. The only arm of LE in the United States that can intercept and read text messages is the NSA, whose scope is limited to texts from phones they have previously identified as terrorism suspects or from a lexicon of terror related words that are detected by random scanning. Text messages cannot be read remotely after they are sent. A clear copy of what was transmitted exists on both the sending and receiving phones until erased. PF surrendered his phone on to LE on December 14, and KB's phone is still missing. I cannot find any comment by LE after that which mentions the text message, although I see lots of wild speculation in news media. CB asked her relative to retract that information.
LE would have little or no reason to retract, if their citation was just a report of what a witness had told them. In fact, there might be value in letting slight misinformation stand. Killers who meticulously plan their crimes have, in many high profile cases, needlessly risked exposure to needle LE that they had made an investigative mistake.
I think the text message itself, without regard to it's contents, will be of great value to prosecution in establishing by electronic signal tracing the location of KB's phone in another state two days after the date that they intend to prove she was murdered. I further think they cannot prove at least one of the three Solicitation charges without that electronic information. IMO

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Please join me in welcoming srg as our new verified Clinical Psychologist.

Remember you are welcome to ask srg questions but we will not tolerate anyone being rude to srg or to any verified member on Websleuths.

You are not required to believe what any verified person says on Websleuths but that doesn't mean you can challenge them in a confrontational manner. Scroll by.

Srg can now provide insight into this case. Srg is not required to provide links to back up anything they post when discussing the case using their knowledge.

Welcome srg. Thank you for coming to Websleuths and helping us understand what in the world is going on with this case.

Tricia

I've been wondering where the WP Sonic's trash goes?
There is scheduled garbage and rcycling pickup within the city limits of Woodland Park. I believe the trucks dump their loads at the WM transfer facility at 1100 County Road 231 just a short distance southwest of town. From there, my guess would be that it goes to the same place at the WM Divide Transfer Station.
I think that actual destination dump for both is the one that LE plans to search, but the WM website omits Teller county routing from their website coverage. IMO

Hi Everyone,

Remember you are welcome to ask srg questions but we will not tolerate anyone being rude to srg or to any verified member on Websleuths.

You are not required to believe what any verified person says on Websleuths but that doesn't mean you can challenge them in a confrontational manner. Scroll by.

Srg can now provide insight into this case. Srg is not required to provide links to back up anything they post when discussing the case using their knowledge.

Welcome srg. Thank you for coming to Websleuths and helping us understand what in the world is going on with this case.

Tricia
I’m eagerly waiting for any and all help we can get from SRG. We need lots of help understanding this!

There is scheduled garbage and rcycling pickup within the city limits of Woodland Park. I believe the trucks dump their loads at the WM transfer facility at 1100 County Road 231 just a short distance southwest of town. From there, my guess would be that it goes to the same place at the WM Divide Transfer Station.
I think that actual destination dump for both is the one that LE plans to search, but the WM website omits Teller county routing from their website coverage. IMO

bbm That's what I thought too, thank you kindly! eta Because I have emptied things out of my car into the trash bins there (excess car trash) while eating there myself and at McDonalds, so was curious. Perhaps a purse got tossed.

BBM:
"He's a good boy. He makes his bed every morning. I never have to remind him to take out the trash....Oh. Wait. On second thought, Your Honor, forget that part about him taking out the trash."
That wrinkling of his forehead in the scowling look we have seen in more than one picture speaks volumns, IMO he has used that look all his life to bully, I expect he has even used that look on SF to let her know he is in control. Ref: The pink hand cuffs photo.
Edited by me

Last edited:
I'm curious about PF's mother and her role, if any, in all of this.
In that situation, I can't see myself getting a lawyer and filing for custody of my son's child - not when the murdered mother's family is perfectly suitable and available. I just couldn't do it to another mother.
Personally, IF I had been keeping the child since birth and I was unaware of my son being a monster ... YES I would be fighting for custody. My first thought would be concern that she would be frightened and unfamiliar with other grandmother.
I see his mother as another woman unaware of what lurked beneath the good ole boy personality. Ann Rule thought Ted Bundy was a good guy. I’m sure many mothers have been shocked by their children’s behavior and blind to their faults.

Hi Everyone,

Tricia
Welcome, srg. :) Thank you for becoming verified and looking forward to your input!
MOO

So with this much planning, wouldn't you think he also gave thought to how and more importantly, where he would dispose of the body?

I believe I've seen reports that all of his time can be accounted for - he never left the area, so it couldn't have been him who planted the phone. That doesn't seem to rule out the possibility that he killed her at her townhome and took the body right then and disposed of it somewhere he had prepared in advance.

I haven’t ever read that LE has stated that all of PF’s time can be accounted for... if it was reported I missed it. Family and friends may have started that rumor or even thought it was true.
I’m skeptical that ALL of his time can be accounted for during the 10 days she wasn’t even reported as missing. I can barely remember what I did or who I saw Tuesday... I don’t think people pay attention that much IF they don’t know anything is wrong and have no suspicions.
He lives in a secluded area, and the population for Florissant is only 104 people!
His mother would certainly cover for him whether she thought he was innocent or not, IMO. Who else except a friend of two is there to verify where he was during those 10 days?

Hi Everyone,

Tricia
Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to more head examination discussions with my fellow sleuthers!

Was the Sonic stop that was supposed to be on surveillance video ever verified or was that a rumor from SM/FB ?
At this point it is rumor. There was a news broadcast one evening that mysteriously never made its way into any article, nor did any other stations pick up the story. Coincidentally, at about the same time, it was learned that at least one news outlet was reporting on the wrong (same name) nurse.
MOO

I very much doubt the landfill would be searched if not for her body. It is such a huge expensive and potentially dangerous undertaking. Having her purse turn up there does not prove that PF threw it away, for example. Or that he took it from her. It would just be her purse. Her body is what LE needs...jmo

delete

Had linked an article that states how the govt has changed its description of what constitutes domestic violence, in that now it must be physical :( which is relevant to this thread, imo, but not sure I can link it.

Last edited:
I very much doubt the landfill would be searched if not for her body. It is such a huge expensive and potentially dangerous undertaking. Having her purse turn up there does not prove that PF threw it away, for example. Or that he took it from her. It would just be her purse. Her body is what LE needs...jmo
The single precedent in Colorado for a no-body murder trial called twice as many witnesses as the OJ trial in California did. Proving a victim dead is a very intricate process which begins with what LE did to look for her. IMO searching the landfill is an excellent way to prove meanigful LE search, and it is made easier by the tight date sequence, the fact that literrally all sources into the system end up in the same landfill, and that landfill's meticulous bookkeeping and placement procedures. I think it's a given...........they gotta do it, even if it produces nothing, at least they looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee