CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The single precedent in Colorado for a no-body murder trial called twice as many witnesses as the OJ trial in California did. Proving a victim dead is a very intricate process which begins with what LE did to look for her. IMO searching the landfill is an excellent way to prove meanigful LE search, and it is made easier by the tight date sequence, the fact that literrally all sources into the system end up in the same landfill, and that landfill's meticulous bookkeeping and placement procedures. I think it's a given...........they gotta do it, even if it produces nothing, at least they looked.
I'm thinking the low temps will preserve what's there. I remember someone detailing the temp under a pile but can't remember if they said it would be colder or warmer. Anyone remember?

Not sure if this relates, but I think that if you take away someone's phone so that they can't call for help, or if you tell someone you're going to kill them, its a crime. Not sure if it falls under domestic abuse, though. I'm not 100% sure. Only 75%.

Last edited:
Archonix XJail Public

Just checking in again.

Looking good, Inmate No : 2018001543.

Stripes become you.

JMO...N.
It is a good look for him. I would like to see them change it up a bit though, as it’s a bit tired at this point.

Perhaps black and white stripes so he looks like the Hamburglar.

It would have some irony to it, with the whole cowboy/cattle thing.

I do love my irony.

It is a good look for him. I would like to see them change it up a bit though, as it’s a bit tired at this point.

Perhaps black and white stripes so he looks like the Hamburglar.

It would have some irony to it, with the whole cowboy/cattle thing.

I do love my irony.

Oh, MG. MG. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBURGLAR.

I. just. can't. HAAAAAAAAAAAAMBURGLAR.

Last edited:
I was just reading over some old articles. I thought that I remembered reading CB quoted as saying that she did not think that KB was "fearful" during their October visit, but I do not see that in articles.... am I imagining that quote? Also, this old article says that KB's phone was "found," but that investigators were still working to "recover it" - Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for mo... | AccessWDUN.com was that a mistake and/or just poor wording?
Also, curiously, this article says that KB liked her dog https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-missing-colorado-mother-intensifies-204503896--abc-news-topstories.html ....I do not recall any dog discussions, so was that also a mistake? Or maybe it was referring to a dog she had previously? A dog usually makes entry and other activities more complicated.

(reading some other articles, I wonder if this one got "God" or "job" mis-transcribed)

Last edited:
COLORADO SPRINGS – They weren’t relatives, but their bond sure felt like it.

That’s what NH told News 5 about her childhood friend Kelsey Berreth — the Woodland Park mother that’s been missing for more than two months. Police believe she was murdered by her fiancé, Patrick Frazee, who was arrested Dec. 21 on murder charges.

Haywood said she wants the honor the life and memory of her dear friend in the face of tragedy.

“You know, it was absolutely devastating when I first heard that she had gone missing,” Haywood said. “You see this stuff in the news all the time, but it’s never been this close to home with someone you grew up with.”

Haywood, speaking to News 5’s Sam Kraemer over Skype, said Berreth was like a little sister to her.

They spent countless days together in grade school. Haywood knew Berreth as an adventurous, outdoorsy and responsible.

“When you first meet Kelsey, she’s super shy, very quiet. But behind that quiet exterior is someone that’s very sharp, very intelligent,” Haywood said.
Friend says Kelsey Berreth was ‘adventurous’, ‘sharp’

News 5 exclusive Skype Video at link.

I was just reading over some old articles. I thought that I remembered reading CB quoted as saying that she did not think that KB was "fearful" during their October visit, but I do not see that in articles.... am I imagining that quote? Also, this old article says that KB's phone was "found," but that investigators were still working to "recover it" - Fiance accused of killing Colorado woman missing for mo... | AccessWDUN.com was that a mistake and/or just poor wording?
Also, curiously, this article says that KB liked her dog https://www.yahoo.com/news/search-missing-colorado-mother-intensifies-204503896--abc-news-topstories.html ....I do not recall any dog discussions, so was that also a mistake? Or maybe it was referring to a dog she had previously? A dog usually makes entry and other activities more complicated.

She liked her “God.” Not dog.

Oh, I assure you, there were “dog discussions.”

Unfortunately, they gave way to discussions involving a certain breakfast item.

This case has been rife with media errors, and the “dog” thing was the first one that gained traction.

If you read old reporting here, you are in danger of being misled about certain things.

Oh, I assure you, there were “dog discussions.”

Unfortunately, they gave way to discussions involving a certain breakfast item.

This case has been rife with media errors, and the “dog” thing was the first one that gained traction.

If you read old reporting here, you are in danger of being misled about certain things.

Doggone it!

I read that article you linked to and I'm shaking my head in horror that we're slipping backwards regarding the "definition" of DV.

It is also verified as true by Snopes that the definition has been redefined.
FACT CHECK: Did the DOJ Change the Definition of Domestic Violence on Their Website Without Explanation?

DV is not just limited to the physical. The emotional and psychological scars of abuse from those closest to us are horrific and sometimes worse than a physical beating.

I have my own idea about why the definition of DV has been redefined by this dubious administration as limited to the physical, but I'll leave it at that. Possibly the Cover Your @$$ principle by the Tweeter In Chief.

In the case of KB, she suffered the worst kind of DV there is, murder by the man she trusted, loved and had a child with. The emotional and psychological abuse she suffered at his hand, that we know of, turned to murder.

For our DOJ to pooh-pooh the warning signs of emotional and mental abuse that may lead up to murder of the victim is outrageous and downright irresponsible, imo. Its disgusting.

I do believe your post with the link is highly relevant in this thread as it speaks for itself.

Edited to add: this new definition may compel victims of emotional and mental abuse to stay silent because they're afraid of coming forward now that the DOJ limits it to physical violence. Its hard enough as it is for these victims to speak out because they've been conditioned to keep quiet by the abuser.

I'd like to hear what srg, our verified psychologist, has to say about this.

MOO.
Wow, a redefinition of DV just like that, under the radar...

KB was most likely experiencing domestic abuse, but maybe not physical until PF killed her. So I guess that would qualify then as domestic violence, according to redefinition.

It’s one thing to redefine DV as physical, but then it’s necessary to add another category that states DA (domestic abuse) for psychological and verbal abuse! You can’t just omit that.

The change in DV definition by DOJ, without an explanation, is similar to brain washing tactics used by abusers actually. Not saying DOJ is abusive, obviously. But that’s what victims of emotional and verbal abuse experience. That their voice is taken away, that their needs aren’t important, and that any pain they feel isn’t real.

I’m gonna have to look into who’s on that DOJ task force...

Yes, and CB asked her to remove her comment from SM, which she did. After that, Kelsey's Aunt didn't comment but once on here, I think. She later said she wasn't going to speak about the case because she had gotten in trouble before for speaking, or words to those effect. I think she regretted that her comments were put out there and many did misinterpret what she said as coming directly from KB. I think CB did not want the content of her conversation with PF made public, and that might have been at the behest of LE. MOO.

I think KB's aunt posted that KB had broken up with PF on Thanksgiving Day. Later, the reporting seemed to indicate that PF had told her that, not KB. That was shortly before she took everything down.

I haven’t ever read that LE has stated that all of PF’s time can be accounted for... if it was reported I missed it. Family and friends may have started that rumor or even thought it was true.
I’m skeptical that ALL of his time can be accounted for during the 10 days she wasn’t even reported as missing. I can barely remember what I did or who I saw Tuesday... I don’t think people pay attention that much IF they don’t know anything is wrong and have no suspicions.
He lives in a secluded area, and the population for Florissant is only 104 people!
His mother would certainly cover for him whether she thought he was innocent or not, IMO. Who else except a friend of two is there to verify where he was during those 10 days?

IIRC, reports that PF's time between Thanksgiving Day and the phone pinging in Idaho was accounted for was LE referring to the possibility that PF took the phone to Idaho. They must have been able to account for him just enough to be sure he couldn't have flown or driven to Idaho during that time period. He would certainly have had time to get rid of the body from a premeditated, carefully thought-out murder.

I assumed that one of the things they've been doing is talking to his clients and PF to try to piece together a detailed timeline. Thanksgiving Day is probably wide open, though - he probably wouldn't have had clients and he can say he was home all day. Mom might not even have to lie - I don't recall if anyone has said where she was on Thanksgiving Day. She might have been spending it with her daughter or one of her other kids and PF could have had the farm (and perhaps KK) all to himself on Thanksgiving Day.

Last edited:
Re: KB's purse and keys.

I wonder if they went to Idaho with the phone. I haven't read anything about where exactly they found her phone. I just remember a bit of a delay because Idaho and Colorado were trying to decide if the phone was important enough to go to Colorado by courier or if it was safe to send ship it.

If the purse and keys went north with the phone, would PF have directed whoever had them to keep them together or to ditch the keys and purse somewhere along the way? If they were all found together, it might look like an abduction.

Re: KB's purse and keys.

I wonder if they went to Idaho with the phone. I haven't read anything about where exactly they found her phone. I just remember a bit of a delay because Idaho and Colorado were trying to decide if the phone was important enough to go to Colorado by courier or if it was safe to send ship it.

If the purse and keys went north with the phone, would PF have directed whoever had them to keep them together or to ditch the keys and purse somewhere along the way? If they were all found together, it might look like an abduction.

I have not read that the evidence re: shipping vs. courier was the phone. Just sayin’.

I have not read that the evidence re: shipping vs. courier was the phone. Just sayin’.

The only reference in MSM re moving evidence from Idaho to colorado did not reveal what evidence they were trying to move. There was nothing to indicate it was the phone. Nor did it reveal any details on how they were going to move the evidence.

It sparked pages and pages of debate on whether LE can use courier or airlines for evidence does it break the chain of evidence etc. Not sure that part of it was ever resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member