CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #33 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing Colorado mom's close friend reveals red flags about her fiancé - WDEF
AC told CBS News’ Nikki Battiste her friend had a lot going for her: a dream job, a baby and a fiancé. But she said Berreth also often appeared to be upset, and she believes, it had to do with Frazee.

“The moment that I found out that she had been missing, the first words that came out of my mouth were, ‘He did something to her,'” Cogburn said.

Cogburn said she saw red flags in their relationship, including that he was always “mad about something.”

“She couldn’t win … the things that he would say to her were somewhat demeaning … I remember one time in particular she came to me and she was just crying. And Kelsey is this – she’s a tough girl … and I can’t remember specifics, but I just remember gathering, ‘This person is borderline emotionally abusive to you right now.”

Cogburn and Berreth met in elementary school and grew up like sisters in Washington state. They recently lived together in Colorado while Berreth, who was pregnant at the time with Frazee’s child, was working nearby as a pilot.

“Kelsey was a kind, sweet girl. She kind of had it all going on. She was, you know, she was really smart. She was on top of her game in life,” Cogburn said. “She was doing it all.”

Cogburn said she had at times encouraged Berreth to end her relationship with Frazee, but Berreth believed she could still make it work. Cogburn now believes Berreth would just want to know her daughter Kaylee is safe.

So now we see what he's REALLY like, up front and personal, "always mad about something." YET, look at those that have come out in his defense saying they couldn't "imagine" him doing something like that. "Kind, gentle soul" that he ISN'T!

I will just point out that he very well may have been a kind, gentle guy in many people’s eyes, with a separate standard of behavior for KB. And perhaps for any other women he was involved with.

This is why it disturbs me to see on this site and elsewhere people say, in effect, they would never believe that someone they think well of could murder their partner in advance of seeing the concrete evidence. You don’t have to believe everything you hear, but it’s wise to come to terms with the reality that just because you think someone is nice doesn’t mean they are nice to everyone.

That’s precisely how people skate by in life hiding their capacity for evil.

I will just point out that he very well may have been a kind, gentle guy in many people’s eyes, with a separate standard of behavior for KB. And perhaps for any other women he was involved with.

This is why it disturbs me to see on this site and elsewhere people say, in effect, they would never believe that someone they think well of could murder their partner in advance of seeing the concrete evidence. You don’t have to believe everything you hear, but it’s wise to come to terms with the reality that just because you think someone is nice doesn’t mean they are nice to everyone.

That’s precisely how people skate by in life hiding their capacity for evil.

Again this case reminds me so much of Scott/Laci Peterson. Laci's mother thought they were a happily married couple, but as it turned out, there were clues that there was trouble brewing in their marriage. SP seemed disinterested in Laci's pregnancy, never wanting to feel the baby move. He'd had a previous affair in addition to the one he was hiding at the time of Laci's disappearance. CB reminds me SOOO much of Sharon Rocha in her interview. I think she knew that things weren't all sunshine and roses, but she thought they had a "loving" relationship overall, IMHO. In the beginning, I don't think she wanted to believe that PF could do anything to harm KB. And now, here we have similar indications that trouble was brewing. All MOO

@gliving The timeline doesn't make sense.

She worked in Peyton in 2016.

PF helped her move to CO in 2016.
TimeLine may not be known to us. But I know LE has it covered. They are way ahead of us. PF may not talk but LE likely doesn’t need him anymore. As for poor Kelsey, I doubt she will ever be found.

And JMO, those supporting PF need to know the feelings of Kelsey’s family. Too bad LE cannot lock up PF and throw away the key so they could not find or visit him. Maybe THEN he would talk.

Could AC have actually "lived" with KB when KB was renting somewhere in CO? Perhaps AC stayed with KB for a brief amount of time and the media took that to mean living together. I've stayed with friends for even up to a month while I was between houses. There is so much that we don't know and won't know for some time.

I have confidence @PommyMommy will straighten this out. Maybe AC moved to WP to be with KB in late pregnancy, or vice versa with KB moving temporarily to Grand Junction with AC.

It is highly unlikely that KB was flying in her last trimester. There is no official rule on pregnancy from the FAA, but they have expressed their concerns:

FAA Medical Certification | Pregnancy | Pilot Medical Solutions - LeftSeat.com
I'm pretty sure that KB moved to Colorado long before she became pregnant. IIRC, she had another job and a roommate before she had the baby and got her dream job. I don't remember where I read that.

It’s nice to see a close friend of KB speak out, and confirm what KB was like and her and PF’s relationship. Her friend confirmed my thoughts.

Yes, sadly, it seems her friend has the same thoughts many of us have had, even though we never knew Kelsey. I certainly can’t say I’m surprised. It was wonderful actually hearing from, and seeing, her friend in this interview, as we haven’t heard very much other than comments from Kelsey’s family. I’ve always wanted to believe that those who knew her would have thought highly of her, and I can understand why they chose not to get caught up in any media gossip out of respect for Kelsey and her family.

The woman in the interview, Ashley Cogburn, lives in Grand Junction where Kelsey lived when she first moved to Colorado. Kelsey worked as a pilot in Grand Junction. Ashley and Kelsey grew up together in Washington state. Woodland Park and Grand Junction are about a five hour drive apart. So I guess PF visited in GJ often?

Where is it reported that Kelsey ever lived in Grand Junction? I only see this quote in the friends interview.

'They recently lived together in Colorado while Berreth, who was pregnant at the time with Frazee's child, was working nearby as a pilot.'

Yes, sadly, it seems her friend has the same thoughts many of us have had, even though we never knew Kelsey. I certainly can’t say I’m surprised. It was wonderful actually hearing from, and seeing, her friend in this interview, as we haven’t heard very much other than comments from Kelsey’s family. I’ve always wanted to believe that those who knew her would have thought highly of her, and I can understand why they chose not to get caught up in any media gossip out of respect for Kelsey and her family.
Yeah, this interview certainly backs up what we thought about PF.

An emotionally abusive guy who escalated his behavior to murderer.

This friend probably didn’t hear the half of it.

I don't understand your comment re: cracks in the case, or a defense opening? How so? Maybe I need more coffee....
Remember that the defense ONLY has to create a shadow of a doubt. The KK story has been inserted into the case by the press, and has not been repudiated by the prosecution. It is a tale of long distance romantic affair, tinged with at least the implied threat of abuse, culminating in the solicitation to commit murder. Now, that must be addressed in conjunction with this story, that PF was simultaneously carrying on a long distance, romantic affair, borderline abusive affair with KB at the exact same time. Not on the same day, but at the same time for six to seven months minimum. Logic rules that PF did not appear have the time, income or transportation to support this much activity. It's a crack that could very well lead to "shadow of a doubt" in court.

Last edited:
I have confidence @PommyMommy will straighten this out. Maybe AC moved to WP to be with KB in late pregnancy, or vice versa with KB moving temporarily to Grand Junction with AC.

It is highly unlikely that KB was flying in her last trimester. There is no official rule on pregnancy from the FAA, but they have expressed their concerns:

FAA Medical Certification | Pregnancy | Pilot Medical Solutions - LeftSeat.com
In one of the earliest interviews of KB Uncle in WA State, I recall him stating that Colorado (Grand Junction) was an opportunity for KB to pursue her dream job, and closer to PF. I've long believed that KB's job offer in Colorado was first, and this potential Colorado suitor (PF) was icing on the cake. MOO

Remember that the defense ONLY has to create a shadow of a doubt. The KK story has been inserted into the case by the press, and has not been repudiated by the prosecution. It is a tale of long distance romantic affair, tinged with at least the implied threat of abuse, culminating in the solicitation to commit murder. Now, that must be addressed in conjunction with this story, that PF was simultaneously carrying on a long distance, romantic affair, borderline abusive affair with KB at the exact same time. No on the same day, but at the same time for six to seven months minimum. Logic rules that PF did not appear have the time, income or transportation to support this much activity. It's a crack that could very well lead to "shadow of a doubt" in court.
Having KK involved in this, hurts him more than it helps him.

That’s another person who can testify against him, another phone (data), a trail of communication.

Even if he didn’t kill her himself (I believe he did), he’s still looking at life in prison.

He had the time to do this, as he lived apart from both women and was self employed.

He didn’t need the money to fund this, as his mistress apparently came to him.

The same goes with transportation.

He’s in huge trouble, and that’s without any physical evidence.

Last edited:
Yeah, this interview certainly backs up what we thought about PF.

An emotionally abusive guy who escalated his behavior to murderer.

This friend probably didn’t hear the half of it.
If KB’s friend is truthful, and I believe she is, then KB was a genuinely good person. It appears you were correct in sizing up PF in the beginning. I must admit KL looked really bad and I can still believe she had a hand in this murder and that a third person was somehow involved. But it is all on PF. I still believe he wanted his daughter but had to get rid of KB in his mind as she didn’t fit into his life any longer. What a selfish piece of humanity he is.

Remember that the defense ONLY has to create a shadow of a doubt. The KK story has been inserted into the case by the press, and has not been repudiated by the prosecution. It is a tale of long distance romantic affair, tinged with at least the implied threat of abuse, culminating in the solicitation to commit murder. Now, that must be addressed in conjunction with this story, that PF was simultaneously carrying on a long distance, romantic affair, borderline abusive affair with KB at the exact same time. No on the same day, but at the same time for six to seven months minimum. Logic rules that PF did not appear have the time, income or transportation to support this much activity. It's a crack that could very well lead to "shadow of a doubt" in court.
I don’t believe the defense has a chance. In fact, PF may have been entertaining other women at the same time. I believe he had the income and the opportunity. No question

Who was Kelsey Berreth? Quiet life apparently ends in tragedy

This article states:

"They met in March 2016, said Kate Loucado, who worked with Berreth for a short time."

And:

"In February 2017, Berreth told fellow pilot Kris Ackerman that she was getting married soon.

He last spoke with her in June 2017, when she told him she aspired to fly cargo deliveries or work as an airline pilot."

That's all I could find WRT to the timeline of when KB moved to CO.

If KB’s friend is truthful, and I believe she is, then KB was a genuinely good person. It appears you were correct in sizing up PF in the beginning. I must admit KL looked really bad and I can still believe she had a hand in this murder and that a third person was somehow involved. But it is all on PF. I still believe he wanted his daughter but had to get rid of KB in his mind as she didn’t fit into his life any longer. What a selfish piece of humanity he is.
Yeah, this interview backs up what many of us have thought about both of them.

Typically, a domestic murder is proceeded by conflict and abuse.

So that fits.

We thought Kelsey was probably introverted, quiet, and reserved.

I’m a bit surprised that she communicated this much to her friend, but as expected, it appears to have been a bit short on specifics.

It’s a match made in hell if you think about it. An abuser on one hand, and a fairly isolated victim on the other.

He’d be abusive to her only in private, so only those two would know about it.

She wasn’t one to advertise this sort of thing, especially considering she appeared to have hope that the relationship would work out.

So her personality made her reluctant to talk, and her hope for the future would have led to her minimizing what was really going on.

Apparently PF planned this over a period of at least two months. He is accused of 'soliciting' someone (or someones) three times. He obviously gave this some thought. I'm assuming he came up with the idea of the cellphone. That sounds like he thought everyone would think she disappeared somewhere on the way to see her grandmother.

So with this much planning, wouldn't you think he also gave thought to how and more importantly, where he would dispose of the body?

I believe I've seen reports that all of his time can be accounted for - he never left the area, so it couldn't have been him who planted the phone. That doesn't seem to rule out the possibility that he killed her at her townhome and took the body right then and disposed of it somewhere he had prepared in advance. The subsequent trip to the landfill where he sat in the truck while two guys unloaded the trailer could be completely normal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysxoxo