CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm ITA Baby K won't have her mother. Her father took her mother away from her. PF put himself first, ahead of the best interests of his daughter. Period. He deserves less than nothing. -moo.

We could all wax eloquent about what PF deserves....and probably will, once we know what exactly he did to poor Kelsey.

Just trying to understand what will take place on Feb 19th provided there is no postponement. Article link below and excerpt:

"Preliminary hearings" in Colorado felony cases

"3. What Happens During a Preliminary Hearing?

A preliminary hearing is held before a judge of the Colorado County Court where the felony complaint has been filed. During the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor has to show probable cause to continue with the legal proceedings against the defendant.

The rules of evidence may be more relaxed at a preliminary hearing. During the preliminary hearing, the prosecutor may present evidence, including hearsay evidence, which may not be admissible later on at trial. The prosecutor may also present evidence such as witness or victim testimony. Evidence is viewed in a light favorable to the prosecution.

The defendant and his criminal defense attorney are present at the preliminary hearing. However, the Colorado DA cannot call the defendant to testify. The defendant may have access to limited discovery evidence before the preliminary hearing, to prepare their case. The defendant also has the right to cross-examine the witnesses called, and introduce evidence on behalf of the defense."

BBM

Just quoting myself here. I'm just envisioning PF's lawyer cross examining KKL at the preliminary :) What are the chances if it goes ahead as scheduled that the public will have access to the transcripts?

No, no I don’t. I was just pondering some recent posts, yesterday. Iirc, I was thinking about CO concealing arrests, trying to find the post explaining it. I certainly don’t think she needs “protection”, I think she’s capable of handling herself.
Maybe she got some type of deferred judgement, we would need to ask Rio or Mercedes.
Maybe she’s not guilty, maybe it’s all a big mix up. Idk.
Maybe her friend lied to the R’s.
Now see, this is what trips me up. The interviews with the R’s. If the bff is the one being protected by LE, then why on earth would the R’s give any interviews and out her? If her life was in any danger whatsoever, why would they do this?

As for KKL, if her only crime was disposing of the phone and she received a deal, then who would she need protection from? Is it the third person PF solicited? Maybe a third person is walking free while LE is finding a way to charge him/her? None of this makes sense to me.

If KKL had the phone and disposed of it, then didn’t she also send the texts? And if so, isn’t she guilty enough to be in jail also? So why isn’t she?

We know way too little. I hope we learn more on February 19.

Just quoting myself here. I'm just envisioning PF's lawyer cross examining KKL at the preliminary :) What are the chances if it goes ahead as scheduled that the public will have access to the transcripts?
KK wearing her rodeo crown; PF dressed up as John Wayne.

Boy, I hope it’s televised.

We should learn a lot.

I would even be willing to fork out for Pay-Per-View.
D'you suppose they can get a horse into the courtroom somehow?
Because I think that would add something.
Well, obviously, it would add a horse.
Doubtful. It is my understanding that most horses cannot talk, despite the whole “Mr. Ed” thing.

Very misleading show (fooled me for a couple decades).

I think that PF and the attorneys will provide more than enough entertainment though.

I really am curious to see if the elusive KK is there.

Here, in KY, it’s like this: KY wants Jane Doe, she lives in Ohio. When KY is ready to pick Jane up, they will have LE in Jane’s jurisdiction accompany them. This of course is after the warrant is signed.
Now, if Jane’s warrant was in the data base & OH stopped her for a traffic violation, they would arrest & detain her, notifying KY, then there’d be extradition hearings, etc. The warrant is a court order, it doesn’t matter where it’s from, imo.

Correct. Local LE could be asked to arrest her for extradition to Colorado. It would be likely that some level of interviews would be completed by Colorado officials if this is the first face to face. If the FBI and CBI have collected most of the evidence, then Colorado will want to have some questions answered from their investigation immediately. She may or may not agree to speak. She is then extradited and hopefully, agreeable to provide facts for the case that can be verified. She will remain arrested or released on bond. I cannot see any reasonable explanation for her not being initially arrested, imo.

I certainly hope that LE is, in fact, in some fashion of an "agreement" with her (albeit one that does not absolve her of her guilt - if any - in the matter). However, that being said, I'm very disillusioned with LE in general at the moment. I've seen far too many examples of clearly guilty individuals going free (or being given penalties that are laughable) and I'm really beginning to fear that KK is going to be another example in that category. It seems to follow a pattern.

I think the frustration may be due to the quick arrest. Due to the quick arrest, the usual communications to the public are non-existent. The DA is controlling the investigations and communications not the local or state police. The DA is dealing with case strategy and open investigations and is limited in what they can say, imo.

Thanks so much for your reply! So, if I'm interpreting correctly, you think it's possible she's already been placed under arrest and bonded out...which is good news, as it means she's facing charges.

ITA that her transporting the phone and sending the texts tells me all I need to know about the Stampede Queen. I could tell you with great specificity what my exact opinion of KK is but then I would get banned forever, so there's that.

I cannot imagine on any level as a human being traveling with a deceased (murdered) person's cell phone. I do not understand why this bothers me so profoundly but it does. Driving that far gives you a long time to think about your actions, right? There is just something wrong about this on a psychological level.

I cannot imagine on any level as a human being traveling with a deceased (murdered) person's cell phone. I do not understand why this bothers me so profoundly but it does. Driving that far gives you a long time to think about your actions, right? There is just something wrong about this on a psychological level.

I agree completely. It is very important that justice serve her whatever she merits, not just PF.

KL’s arrest may coincide with PF’s unsealing of arrest warrant. IMO both warrants will be the same or similar. This would avoid issues with having a court order to keep PF’s sealed, while hers would be open.

Thanks so much for your reply! So, if I'm interpreting correctly, you think it's possible she's already been placed under arrest and bonded out...which is good news, as it means she's facing charges.

ITA that her transporting the phone and sending the texts tells me all I need to know about the Stampede Queen. I could tell you with great specificity what my exact opinion of KK is but then I would get banned forever, so there's that.

If (as most of us think) she has or destroyed KB's phone, law enforcement would have to arrest her because this potentially places her at the decedent's home or in contact with the perpetrator or she may be the perpetrator. Law enforcement may determine later after searching her home, car, etc that her role was limited but they would not know immediately. I personally think she was arrested, investigated, including interviews and provided essential information as a witness and was able to bond out. If, she was involved in the homicide, I think we would know that publically. We may get surprised but I personally hope she is a good witness against PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV