CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
More locals will be arrested in this case, is why LE is sitting on the info they have. I am thinking more will be charged, and maybe more implicated. How he thought he would not be connected to KB murder boggles the mind. PF was not smart enough to carry this out on his own, is why he asked a mother of two to murder his baby momma. I hope he loses all contact with baby K, he doesn't deserve to be in her life after killing her mother. JMO

...been reading elsewhere?

Here's a written summary taken from the press conference with the DA's office ....link below...

5 felony counts 2 counts of felony murder (2 theories 1. Deliberation murder 2. Felony murder) 3 separate counts of solicitation .
Consumptive testing on evidence.

The probable cause affidavit was sealed in regard to PF having access to it, defense will have a copy of that. I'm assuming since the January 29th case was moved to February 19 the same things the DA office said would happen on 1-29-19 will now happen on 2-19-19 (Preliminary hearing, presenting evidence to the court, ask the court to bind over all the charges that the DA office has charged PF with, there will be testimony and evidence presented)

At the 2:50 mark she explains why it is sealed. The judge will decide if PF will continue to be held without bond.

At 4:25 the DA says the hearing that was scheduled 1-29 will be open to the public, could it change with the date movement? IDK?

DA speculates that the arrest warrant and case would be sealed for about 30 days.

The investigators asked for the case to be sealed so evidence couldn't be tampered with.

DA office gave defense a broad range of dates when solicitation occured, defense does not have the actual dates.

The judge has the final say on whether or not to leave the case sealed.

PF can enter his plea on 2-19 or ask for a continuance to enter a plea at a later date.
From the time he enters the plea, the DA's office has 9 weeks to decide if they want to seek the death penalty if they do, they will file a formal notice in court.

Here's a written summary taken from the press conference with the DA's office ....link below...

5 felony counts 2 counts of felony murder (2 theories 1. Deliberation murder 2. Felony murder) 3 separate counts of solicitation .
Consumptive testing on evidence.

The probable cause affidavit was sealed in regard to PF having access to it, defense will have a copy of that. I'm assuming since the January 29th case was moved to February 19 the same things the DA office said would happen on 1-29-19 will now happen on 2-19-19 (Preliminary hearing, presenting evidence to the court, ask the court to bind over all the charges that the DA office has charged PF with, there will be testimony and evidence presented)

At the 2:50 mark she explains why it is sealed. The judge will decide if PF will continue to be held without bond.

At 4:25 the DA says the hearing that was scheduled 1-29 will be open to the public, could it change with the date movement? IDK?

DA speculates that the arrest warrant and case would be sealed for about 30 days.

The investigators asked for the case to be sealed so evidence couldn't be tampered with.

DA office gave defense a broad range of dates when solicitation occured, defense does not have the actual dates.

The judge has the final say on whether or not to leave the case sealed.

PF can enter his plea on 2-19 or ask for a continuance to enter a plea at a later date.
From the time he enters the plea, the DA's office has 9 weeks to decide if they want to seek the death penalty if they do, they will file a formal notice in court.

Thank you so much for summarizing this for us, lindaromas. Great refresher!
MOO

Lindaromas' great summary shows that the DA said the sealing was only for about thirty days, and was motioned by the prosecution at the request of the WP Police. In the video link Lindaromas provided, the DA explains that the WP Police Is a very small unit, and needs extra time to complete it's investigation.
Forty-two days of that thirty day period have passed. The only thing that I see which has changed at the WPPD website is that Commander Chris Adams is no longer in command of the one man Investigative Division. He doesn't appear to be in charge of anything at this time.
I had assumed that the rescheduling of the next hearing was due to a routine scheduled change in judges, but now I'm not sure of that, either. Could it be that the entire world is waiting for newly appointed Commander Halloran and Detective McDaniel to settle in and get up to speed?
Investigations | Woodland Park - City Above the Clouds

@lindaromas Thank you for your summary. I watched the video all through, too.

The best takeaways are 1. Open to the public, 2. Evidence to be presented, and 3. Witnesses to testify.

I wonder if the elusive KKL will make an appearance? I think testimony from CB is relevant, but hers could probably be presented as deposition/statement to LE regarding reporting KB missing and the events leading up to that report like contact with PF. But I don't see how the DA could proceed without KKL actually in court to be examined by the defense.

I suppose LE/CBI/FBI might testify. Who else will they call to the stand? How long will this prelim last, days?

Lindaromas' great summary shows that the DA said the sealing was only for about thirty days, and was motioned by the prosecution at the request of the WP Police. In the video link Lindaromas provided, the DA explains that the WP Police Is a very small unit, and needs extra time to complete it's investigation.
Forty-two days of that thirty day period have passed. The only thing that I see which has changed at the WPPD website is that Commander Chris Adams is no longer in command of the one man Investigative Division. He doesn't appear to be in charge of anything at this time.
I had assumed that the rescheduling of the next hearing was due to a routine scheduled change in judges, but now I'm not sure of that, either. Could it be that the entire world is waiting for newly appointed Commander Halloran and Detective McDaniel to settle in and get up to speed?
Investigations | Woodland Park - City Above the Clouds
BBM

Patrick Frazee, accused of killing Kelsey Berreth, gets to see arrest warrant affidavit
Frazee is scheduled for a Feb. 19 preliminary hearing. His attorney, Adam Steigerwald, requested more time because of the size and complexity of the case.

@lindaromas Thank you for your summary. I watched the video all through, too.

The best takeaways are 1. Open to the public, 2. Evidence to be presented, and 3. Witnesses to testify.

I wonder if the elusive KKL will make an appearance? I think testimony from CB is relevant, but hers could probably be presented as deposition/statement to LE regarding reporting KB missing and the events leading up to that report like contact with PF. But I don't see how the DA could proceed without KKL actually in court to be examined by the defense.

I suppose LE/CBI/FBI might testify. Who else will they call to the stand? How long will this prelim last, days?

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but IMO it's unlikely they'd call KK at the prelim. In my experience they call LE. They have a lower threshold at this hearing than at an actual trial. If it's open we'll certainly learn more, but IMO it will be from LE.

All MOO

I think PF think's the song Desperado is about him.
Desperado does seem appropriate. IMO Thanks for the great observation, Irmese!
Lyrics
Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
But I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow
Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet
Now, it seems to me some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones that you can't get
Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no younger
Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home
And freedom, oh freedom, well that's just some people talkin'
Your prison is walking through this world all alone
Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine
It's hard to tell the night time from the day
You're losin' all your highs and lows
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?
Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
Come down from your fences, open the gate
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you (let somebody love you)
You better let somebody love you
Before it's too late
Songwriters: Glenn Lewis Frey / Don Hugh Henley
Desperado lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&q=song+desperado

Never heard of GJ that’s not.

ETA: they only determine if the evidence supports the case moving forward.
In my State a grand Jury meets once a month , it is not a SECRET ! With that said, what they have presented to them is not public ( secret) and they are held to a code of not discussing the cases they hear, they hear the cases and then vote if there is enough evidence to indict. Talking about the cases could jeopardize the prosecution of these cases and alert perpretators. In some cases the indictments will be sealed until the perpetrators can be located and arrested. Sometimes there are multi arrests needed so the indictments are sealed until the persons named in the indictment can be located and arrested, many times in tandem . Ex: drug ring etc.

Last edited:
This is strictly my personal opinion, but I am wondering, with CO able to seal and unseal cases AND with the complexity of the case, if we aren't going to see court go through several continuances before we get down to business.
MOO, MOO

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but IMO it's unlikely they'd call KK at the prelim. In my experience they call LE. They have a lower threshold at this hearing than at an actual trial. If it's open we'll certainly learn more, but IMO it will be from LE.

All MOO
Thank you. The judge will have to determine whether to bind PF over on some or all of the charges, and determine whether there will be bail and an amount.

It is really interesting to see how cases process in different states. The suspect in the 4 Nevada murders went before a judge within about 2 days and the judge set $500,000 bail knowing Guzman also has an ICE detainer. In this case in CO, it will be fully 2 months to get to that point.

LOL you are raining on the parade - I want to see and hear from KKL herself, sooner not later, dog-gone-it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV