CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. I think she’s been talking to law enforcement for a very long time, and the fact that Kelsey’s body has not been found, speaks volumes.

I think only PF knows.
I don't understand what PF has to gain by not telling LE where to find her body. Odds are her body will be found. Might not be found right away but hopefully eventually her remains will be found. What a devil PF is. Hope the other inmates take care of him.

Or she knows and there is no body to be found and has told them that. I do think if she knows anything she has sung like a bird. Guess we will find out...
There is always a body to be found, or evidence of a body’s disposal.

Burning leaves remnants, so does virtually every other method of destroying human remains.

He didn’t dump her in the middle of the ocean.

We’ll see.

Oh please! The second he asked her to dispose of the cell phone, she could have gone straight to the police with everything she knows.

I hope she gets prison time.

Jmo

The cell phone disposal, and texting PF and KB's workplace may have been all her. To drive all that way to transport a cellphone out of state? Maybe she complied with the last solicitation and headed down to team up. Maybe she transported more than just a phone out of state? MOO

Maybe @gitana1 can answer this.

My understanding is that there is no need to extradite someone from one state to another if they are co-operating and agreeing to go on their own, regardless of the charge.
I think early on LE would not have known exactly the extent of her involvement in the homicide. They sent FBI and CBI to the area but I am sure the investigators of the DA's Office would want full access to interview KL, her best friend, and apparently others she spoke with or involved. KL would have to be ruled out in a homicide (thus arrested), not just transporting the phone. I would want her in Colorado for interview and interrogation. Once, I had her statements nailed down (to the extent her attorney let her participate), especially if she is being offered a deal, she can be bonded out (if not a suspect in the homicide obviously).

Who said that anyone would be comfortable with that? It’s the least of her concerns.

You missed the last part:

“I just hope she isn’t going to be a free woman for a long time.”

With respect, I missed nothing.

I chose to focus specifically on the point of your post regarding her dismissal.

I'm certainly relieved to hear you express the hope that she does not remain a free woman, as that's something upon which I'm sure all of us here can agree!

Last edited:
I don't understand what PF has to gain by not telling LE where to find her body. Odds are her body will be found. Might not be found right away but hopefully eventually her remains will be found. What a devil PF is. Hope the other inmates take care of him.
Revealing the location of her body, is essentially an admission of guilt.

If she can’t be found, he still stands a chance (in his mind).

Sometimes killers are successful in forever concealing their victims. I believe that he is confident that is the case here.

He had plenty of time to plan her disposal, and more than enough time to actually carry it out.

I don’t think he’ll give her up.

I think the timing of KL is all well orchestrated by LE to keep media at bay.

1 week before the prelim

My guess is they could have had her pleading guilty weeks ago, but they waited until closer to the date of his preliminary hearing to continue to keep things quiet and the case out of the press.

My worry is they will continue to keep the case sealed on Feb 19- no reason to think that, but that's where my mind is going
! I have been expecting an arrest close to the coming prelim date for weeks now. I don't say much, but I read along every day. This news that KKL will plead guilty to something IS strategically timed, you are so correct. I think the strategy is to pressure silent PF or any other conspirators. It may throw a wrench into the defense team's plans and they may request another continuance on the 19th?

My own thoughts on a plea deal for KK.....I don't think she participated in the murder, but may have valuable information regarding the death of KB that could coerce a confession from PF. If that is the case, and she serves a minimum jail sentence because of her plea, then that to me is acceptable. KB 's family deserves some answers, and this may be the only way they get them. That said, I hope PF rots in hell!

Agree, and I bet that's the info (location of Kelsey's body) she traded to get a plea agreement

I think its very possible she already provided that information. "the land fill"

And due to the weather, snow base, frozen ground, LE is waiting till they can do an extensive search the right way with lots of manpower. Also hoping they already had the landfill stop dumping trash in the area that they expected the remains to have already been dumped.

Wishful thinking

I think the board of nursing has to file an accusation, which they aren't going to do before charges have been laid because they have nothing to back it up with. But I could be wrong.
Once you have a charge, a restriction is usually placed on the nursing license (and posted) or the Board may choose outright to revoke (this takes time) while proceedings are ongoing with the court (the Board is just an administrative proceeding). It is formal and intensive with their own level of an investigation but in this case, I think the Board will accept the plea of FBI/CBI/DA charges). Most licenses are "voluntarily" surrendered versus forced. A nurse or physician may have an attorney throughout.

Of course not. Not yet. That wasn’t suggested in this case. Just said they are human. We all are.
I understand, but the original post suggested KK was "more than happy" to get rid of Kelsey, and the response was that it wasn't that they were stupid and overlooked it, just that they were human. I just didn't understand the comparison to the other cases, and how they may apply to this case. That's all. Imo

Revealing the location of her body, is essentially an admission of guilt.

If she can’t be found, he still stands a chance (in his mind).

Sometimes killers are successful in forever concealing their victims. I believe that he is confident that is the case here.

He had plenty of time to plan her disposal, and more than enough time to actually carry it out.

I don’t think he’ll give her up.

I agree. He's a narcissist. It's a control thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members