CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@gitana1 , @riolove77 or @PrairieWind

Would the evidence they were collecting about or from KL have been released to the defense team before they actually laid charges against her? Or because it was an ongoing investigation they didn't have to pass it on to defense until they laid charges against her?

Just wondering if waiting til to charge her until the just before his prelim hearing was a way of slowing down passing some evidence on? Not sure why they would do that or what benefit it would have to

The defense would not have her evidence necessarily as it is a separate case, typically.

If, the information is used in PF's trial (which it will be) the prosecution has to release it when that evidence is determined viable. I would gather that her specifics will be used in the preliminary so the defense has the details. Since the plea is in place, they have had records for a good while. Her testimony will be vital.

I don't see how she could keep her license if she were convicted of crime related to murder, but I am not a nurse so I don't know. I do know if she waltzed into my room to perform any nursing duties, I'd be screaming bloody murder and goodness knows what else I might be tempted to do. :eek:

Haa! This coming from a completely non violent person IRL.;)

KL is going to be national news, more so than she has been. Her entire life, including every misdeed is getting ready to be told. Friday, she will be a convicted felon and soon serve her sentence. I do not think nursing is her primary concern.

Also, the point is justice for the family as well. As a family member it's far more justified to have the person who masterminded and killed your family member be locked up for life than to run the risk that they might be acquitted. Especially in this case where there is no body and he's still maintaining that KB ran off before and is hiding out somewhere. That's a hard situation to overcome, and when you factor that most people will buy something because they saw it on TV, you get a flavor for how easily a jury can be manipulated.

That's all true. And if the jury can hear witness testimony that PF gave her the victim's cell on Thanksgiving night, and asked her to take it out of state, and send the fake texts, that is a MAJOR help to getting a conviction.

Re InvSmith post 922

I have been missing your posts because somehow your responses are getting put into the original posts.

You are posting some good stuff.

Not sure how it is happening but when you insert quote or reply. just check that you are typing after the [/Quote]
Then it will be separate

That is not true. Idaho is an "at will" state. As an employer I can fire anyone at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

Good to know. So different than where I live, you have to have solid reasons and really good documentation. Which to be fair involvment in murder is- but you couldn't fire someone before they are charged and you might have to wait until they are convicted.

Maybe she participated in cleaning up at the townhome? Which would be destroying evidence, plainly. The activities regarding the phone might be a whole other situation.

That's certainly possible. But it seems highly coincidental that KB's phone last pinged in the state where this woman lived.

KL is going to be national news, more so than she has been. Her entire life, including every misdeed is getting ready to be told. Friday, she will be a convicted felon and soon serve her sentence. I do not think nursing is her primary concern.
Moo - Oh please....She is going to be the center attention again for the first time in years (since her queen days). She's going to go on the talk show circuit, she'll "write" a book, she'll consult on whatever docu-drama this story is told by, she is going to love every single minute of all of the attention that is about to be lavished on her. She is going to play up the poor, poor scared victim bull-puckey story she's apparently already sold to LE and she will be just fine at the end of the day. Kelsey and her sweet baby and the Berreth family, those are the victims. :mad: (I'm not upset with you OP, I'm upset with the situation.)

That's certainly possible. But it seems highly coincidental that KB's phone last pinged in the state where this woman lived.

What do you make of these charges? re the date of Nov 24 for evidence tampering and the phone text messages sent Nov 25? Maybe the dates the press got re when the text messages were sent were never accurate??

Revealing the location of her body, is essentially an admission of guilt.

If she can’t be found, he still stands a chance (in his mind).

Sometimes killers are successful in forever concealing their victims. I believe that he is confident that is the case here.

He had plenty of time to plan her disposal, and more than enough time to actually carry it out.

I don’t think he’ll give her up.
Agree 100% from day one said he'd stick with Not Guilty, and no body. I don't believe he'll ever talk IMO

Nurse in missing-mom case of Kelsey Berreth to plead guilty

Lee is facing one count of tampering with physical evidence, according to the district attorney's office. The charge is a class 6 felony punishable by up to 18 months in prison.

Feelings aren't facts, as I am reminding myself.

So, setting aside my feelings about the deal, which are irrelevant, here's the (done) deal:

KK is looking at one felony charge. Period. Full stop.

We don't know what sentence, if any, KK will receive as part of the deal.
Max sentence possible is 18 mos.

Those are the facts. This is what justice looks like.

I'm now going to wait until PF goes to trial and trust that the DA's case clearly demonstrates that KK's cooperation/testimony, etc., was absolutely critical to them being able to secure a conviction.

This is PF we're talking about here, so it should be a slam dunk for the DA.

Yes, I would think it would be the least of her concerns at this point. Not spending the rest of her life in prison might be up there, though. Imo

IMO KL will be charged and sentenced for a significant amount of time. I believe she provided enough information to prove she was there and involved in the planning, the murder, the cleaning, disposal, and coverup. I believe she told them where to look for evidence at PF and KB homes. I believe that the electronic evidence was far too incriminating to absolve her of a murder charge. IMO the plea deal is to get her the lesser murder charge and to try to “save” what in her mind is her small town reputation. It also avoids exposing her children to details and minimizes their exposure to her crimes.

If she helped with the disposal, I'd think LE would have the body already.

Unless maybe she was sent to the landfill?

I think this DA would do that, he seems like the consummate professional. Even so, this has to sting for the Berreth family. Knowing that KK had been aware for at least a few months that PF wanted their daughter, the mother of his child, dead is overwhelming I'm sure. It might have been avoided all together if she'd just said something to KB. Gawd, I loathe her as much as PF!

@riolove77 @gitana1 I hope they nail his sorry azz in the Civil Trial too and was wondering if KK could face any liability with the civil case? Thanks for both being on and providing such awesome information btw. :)

She certainly could. And I hope that they do sue her. IMO her life should be devastated.

But as someone mentioned, she has kids. That's going to effect them. I hope if they have a dad who is willing and able he goes for custody.

I'm sad for them. All the kids in this case have lost.

Moo - Oh please....She is going to be the center attention again for the first time in years (since her queen days). She's going to go on the talk show circuit, she'll "write" a book, she'll consult on whatever docu-drama this story is told by, she is going to love every single minute of all of the attention that is about to be lavished on her. She is going to play up the poor, poor scared victim bull-puckey story she's apparently already sold to LE and she will be just fine at the end of the day. Kelsey and her sweet baby and the Berreth family, those are the victims. :mad: (I'm not upset with you OP, I'm upset with the situation.)

H2, I think KK would probably be quite receptive to a book deal and/or a Lifetime movie deal opportunity.
I would hope that if she attempts this the B's would come after her in a civil suit.
I would also hope that the plea deal the DA struck with her explicitly stipulates that she cannot financially benefit from the crime in any way, which would prevent her from accepting any book/movie/tv interview offers, etc.

She will attempt to play the role of being just one more of PF's victims.

JMO.

Last edited:
Just posting this to point out that it was reported that she would plead guilty to "at least one charge." This leaves the possibility open that there may be additional charges? I wish.

ABC News

I wish too, but i think article came out before the DA's office sent out the info (public info) that the charge was tampering.. so I am assuming if there were other charges they would have put that info out too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234