CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #34 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you have a charge, a restriction is usually placed on the nursing license (and posted) or the Board may choose outright to revoke (this takes time) while proceedings are ongoing with the court (the Board is just an administrative proceeding). It is formal and intensive with their own level of an investigation but in this case, I think the Board will accept the plea of FBI/CBI/DA charges). Most licenses are "voluntarily" surrendered versus forced. A nurse or physician may have an attorney throughout.
At this time her license is still unencumbered. Her license is neither suspended nor revoked. She will be reviewed by the board, but there is no date in place to do that. You can check out the status of anyone's nursing license by going to Nursys.com

Docket for: Teller County - Teller County Courthouse
Showing 1 - 1 of 1 records

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
2/8/19
8:30 AM 1H
KENNEY, KRYSTAL
Hearing on Advisement
D602019CR17
Teller County DIV 11 -
TELLER DISTRICT COURT

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Under her maiden name. Also gives a court case #

They might be giving her tampering for less, I don’t know. But the crime is murder 1, so to be an accessory charge, it would be either accessory to murder itself, or accessory before or after. The after carries less weight than the before or accessory to.

Either way, no doubt in my mind she will be testifying against him in exchange for this.

do not forget there are "robbery" charges

There are no open disciplinary actions for KL at the Idaho Nursing Board - that probably takes some time. See list of names:

Board Additional
Typically the board will be apprised of any charges the nurse is facing and then will wait until those charges are resolved. In the case of something that happens in the hospital, they'll be given a LOA. If it's something that happens outside the hospital, they may or may not be given a LOA. Given that she is no longer employed at the hospital, I'm going to guess whatever the hospital was told was severe enough that they either terminated her employment or they strongly suggested she resign.

Sam Kraemer‏ @SamKraemerTV
JUST IN: Krystal (Lee) Kenney’s court hearing is an advisement hearing. It’s set for Friday at 8:30 a.m. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee @KOAA

DymNQkwVsAA2-fn.jpg:large

3:05 PM - 4 Feb 2019

There are no open disciplinary actions for KL at the Idaho Nursing Board - that probably takes some time. See list of names:

Board Additional
Is it required there be an open disciplinary action for the hospital to fire her? I don't believe so and all it would take is a phone call to the hospital that she will enter a guilty plea on Friday.

JMO

Is it required there be an open disciplinary action for the hospital to fire her? I don't believe so and all it would take is a phone call to the hospital that she will enter a guilty plea on Friday.

JMO
No, they don't need an open disciplinary action for the hospital to fire her. We're talking about her possible license revocation. KK will already have apprised the nursing board (separate entity from the hospital) of her charges and what her plea will be. Well, she will if she's smart because they'll find out anyway. Being terminated from the hospital is one thing, having her license revoked or suspended is another thing entirely. You can be fired from a hospital and not lose your license.

JMO
No. But Idaho has exceptions in employment law, i.e. they can only fire someone for cause. I am going to go with she knows she is going to prison so she quit. :)

No, they don't need an open disciplinary action for the hospital to fire her. We're talking about her possible license revocation.
She is a nurse entering a guilty plea in a case involving premeditated murder. Of course her nursing license is revoked. Just because it doesn't appear on a website doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Revocation of her license is the least of her worries.

JMO

This.

If I were going to play devil's advocate, I would say that she never reported it when he asked her to help him get rid of KB because she didn't think he was serious. That said, just him asking her would have made her uneasy, and she talked about it to her BFF about it. He may very well have asked her to come to Colorado at Thanksgiving without telling her what he planned. If he asked her to deal with the phone then, she may very well have been afraid. He's not tethered to a 9-5 job, he knows where she lives, they probably have common rodeo acquaintances. He could threaten to do something to one of her kids - who have probably met him. She'd never have a moment's peace, worrying that he was coming for her or her kids.

Tell LE that he asked her to kill KB? Well, sadly, that might or might not have worked. He's got family in LE in Colorado. He's never been in trouble with the law, he's got a fiancee and a new baby. Now a divorced woman he's been having an affair with calls the cops and claims he asked her to help him kill his fiancee? I don't think he would have had much trouble convincing local LE that KK was crazy jealous of KB. He would have had to reconsider his plan of killing KB, but then his anger likely would have also been directed at KK.

this is what I posited a while back- "exes" are full of threats and bad words but most of their friends would think it was all talk until it was not. a lot of people here also seem to think that telling LE about threats would have protected KB, but PF was baby sitting all the time and KB did not seem afraid of him, so it is possible that no one would have taken a report of threats seriously esp. if they were not written or recorded.

No. But Idaho has exceptions in employment law, i.e. they can only fire someone for cause. I am going to go with she knows she is going to prison so she quit. :)
The hospital now has cause. I'm confident a nurse entering a guilty plea for a crime involving a murder is grounds for termination. If some want to believe the hospital allowed her to resign, that's okay, too.

JMO

An advisement hearing, I believe, is the first time the accused is brought before a judge after an arrest. The charges will be read and bond discussed. I am not sure they enter a plea at this stage. I think there is a second court date for entering the plea.

She is a nurse entering a guilty plea in a case involving premeditated murder. Of course her nursing license is revoked. Just because it doesn't appear on a website doesn't mean it hasn't been done. Revocation of her license is the least of her worries.

JMO
That's just not how things work. License revocation has a process, even for a nurse entering a guilty plea in a connected premeditated murder trial. And the Nursys. com site is updated daily. As of 2/4/2019 her license is neither revoked nor is it suspended. her license is listed as "unencumbered".

I think the timing of KL is all well orchestrated by LE to keep media at bay.

1 week before the prelim

My guess is they could have had her pleading guilty weeks ago, but they waited until closer to the date of his preliminary hearing to continue to keep things quiet and the case out of the press.

My worry is they will continue to keep the case sealed on Feb 19- no reason to think that, but that's where my mind is going
Given how it's gone so far, I wouldn't be surprised to see the case sealed after the 19th.

An advisement hearing, I believe, is the first time the accused is brought before a judge after an arrest. The charges will be read and bond discussed. I am not sure they enter a plea at this stage. I think there is a second court date for entering the plea.
Deleted by me. Statement was unclear.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics