CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #35 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What time is this court appearance? Eastern time?

How do we watch it online? TIA.

The law is the law. They can’t take her into custody because that’s what we want.

The justice system isn’t always fair, and no matter what happens, it won’t be fair here, atleast as far as KK is concerned.

She will never pay the full legal price for her involvement, and none of us are happy about that.

She can help bring down the main culprit here, and she’ll face the wrath of the “court of public opinion.”

It’s not all gravy for her.

Maybe if she'd ever spoken to a Russian a SWAT team would have raided her house and dragged off in cuffs but I digress...

See, here's what I'm wondering about and maybe you know: Would there not be several potential/pss
The law is the law. They can’t take her into custody because that’s what we want.

The justice system isn’t always fair, and no matter what happens, it won’t be fair here, atleast as far as KK is concerned.

She will never pay the full legal price for her involvement, and none of us are happy about that.

She can help bring down the main culprit here, and she’ll face the wrath of the “court of public opinion.”

It’s not all gravy for her.

Here's what I'm wondering: In her case, would there not be several potential/possible charges? Say, stuff like 1) destruction of evidence, 2) accessory to murder after the fact, 3) the current tampering (sounds so Mickey Mouse) charge, 4) some kind of telecommunications fraud for the texts, etc. IOW, a slew of stuff which would enable prosecutors to bargain with one or two, saying testify against Frazee and we drop two of four or five charges and you get 10 years instead of 35, or along those lines. Why one measly charge for someone who was this involved in a murder? Seems like giving up too much, unless they've got little on her which doesn't seem to be the case.

Updating on my Dr. Oz show post. Sadly my post was wrongly reported and deleted. A mod asked me to repost. So...

Kelsey's friend Nicole Haywood was on via video. She said she knew Kelsey very well, they went to a small school together. She last spoke to Kelsey July 2018. Said Kelsey seemed fine, just tired from being a new mom.

Nicole didn't know PF but Kelsey told her he was a farrier and into team roping. Kelsey didn't say anything negative about their relationship. But when NH heard PF had been arrested, she wasn't surprised. Kelsey would never just take off. It was painful to lose hope that way.

She said she'd gotten grief from other friends for speaking out but was motivated to appear so everyone would know what a special beautiful person she was.

2019-02-07

Maybe if she'd ever spoken to a Russian a SWAT team would have raided her house and dragged off in cuffs but I digress...

See, here's what I'm wondering about and maybe you know: Would there not be several potential/pss

Here's what I'm wondering: In her case, would there not be several potential/possible charges? Say, stuff like 1) destruction of evidence, 2) accessory to murder after the fact, 3) the current tampering (sounds so Mickey Mouse) charge, 4) some kind of telecommunications fraud for the texts, etc. IOW, a slew of stuff which would enable prosecutors to bargain with one or two, saying testify against Frazee and we drop two of four or five charges and you get 10 years instead of 35, or along those lines. Why one measly charge for someone who was this involved in a murder? Seems like giving up too much, unless they've got little on her which doesn't seem to be the case.

What I know about the law would fit on the head of a pin. Is it possible the DA is being really sly and only charging her with the lesser offenses and offering the plea deal so she'll talk, then they can turn around and hit her with more serious charges? Is that possible?

Possible some of those didn't occur in Colorado, thus Colorado may not be able to charge. That'd be ID or federal charges.

Oh, I have no doubt that they could have piled on several charges that would have sent her to prison for a long time.

They must believe that she holds the key to putting away the mastermind.

Before I judge how good/terrible the deal is, I need to know a hell of a lot more.

What was the nature of her involvement?

How great was her contribution?

How vital is her testimony?

It’s just too early to be outraged, atleast for me.

Last edited:
What I know about the law would fit on the head of a pin. Is it possible the DA is being really sly and only charging her with the lesser offenses and offering the plea deal so she'll talk, then they can turn around and hit her with more serious charges? Is that possible?

Then that would not be a deal.

Artis...love your post. Speaking to a Russian, having swat team wake you up, and use 29 members of the FBI and all those black SUVs. Show of force.

Oh, I have no doubt that they could have piled on several charges that would have sent her to prison for a long time.

They must believe that she holds the key to putting away the mastermind.

Before I judge how good/terrible the deal was, I need to know a hell of a lot more.

What was the nature of her involvement?

How great was her contribution?

How vital is her testimony?

It’s just too early to be outraged, atleast for me.
And I am doubting we will know more by this time tomorrow.

If KK and DA have agreed to a plea deal, from all the “rumors” we’ve heard on what it is, I can’t imagine that the charges are going to be more significant.

My question is how can KK answer to a plea if her lawyer’s request for information that is sealed has not been given to the lawyer? (I forgot what this info is called).

Has KK and her husband actually gone back together?
We don't know that there is a plea deal. The source of the info was unnamed family. We also know cops can lie to suspects.

JMO

That’s not how it works.

This deal (if there is one) would have been made by the DA, not the police.
I realize deals are made by the DA and I also seriously doubt KK has spoken directly to the DA. Usually plea deals come AFTER charges are filed, not before.

JMO

I realize deals are made by the DA and I also seriously doubt KK has spoken directly to the DA. Usually plea deals come AFTER charges are filed, not before.

JMO
These charges are so weak in the grand scheme of things, that they just wreak of “deal.”

There is every reason to believe that she was far more involved than that.

Coupled with the statement by those unnamed family members, I’d be shocked if there was not a deal.

Even without that statement, I’d be shocked.

It is part of one of the first degree murder charges:

He said two first-degree murder charges were filed under separate theories of how the alleged murder may have taken place.

“Obviously, there’s only one murder in this case,” May said. “Under Colorado law, we file separate counts under different theories of first-degree murder. We filed under two theories: One is deliberation for murder. And the other is felony murder.”

One of the murder charges alleges that Frazee caused Berreth's death with the intent to do so. The other count alleges that Frazee, and possibly others, committed a robbery or attempted to do so, and that Berreth was killed in that incident, according to court documents.

Frazee formally charged in missing Woodland mom case

Correct. It is an underlying theory for the felony murder charge. It is not a separate charge. Felony murder by definition requires a qualifying underlying felony. He can't be convicted of robbery separately though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member