CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry I’m from UK so first post abroad I’ve followed, can you just briefly explain if I’ve read your comments correctly? This evil woman has made a bargain to give all this evidence so she hardly gets any prison sentence in her major part of this unspeakable crime ? Did they know the full extent of her involvement when they struck a deal with her?
Welcome @Ched Yes, the prosecution gave her a class 6 felony tampering with evidence in exchange for her testimony and specific help apparently prior to the trial. It is obvious her testimony provided grave details that would be difficult to determine without the body. The prosecution would have known most of the facts if the questions were asked and verified. She has not been sentenced. This will occur after the current criminal case of PF. This does not necessarily prevent other federal or state charges or even civil charges against her. As you can tell, America has an open and swift justice system with a public that demands justice for the victims and families. We do have a lot of respect for this prosecution team.

That tweet seemed off.

ETA: I think KKL picked up Kelsey's house keys at PF's gate. Nothing about a phone. (May have been an inadvertent/incorrect word used in a reporter's tweet)

I thought there was something about KK claiming she picked up the keys at the gate and leaving her phone at the gate, so it wouldn’t ping at KB’s house.

I’m sorry I’m from UK so first post abroad I’ve followed, can you just briefly explain if I’ve read your comments correctly? This evil woman has made a bargain to give all this evidence so she hardly gets any prison sentence in her major part of this unspeakable crime ? Did they know the full extent of her involvement when they struck a deal with her?

Welcome to Websleuths Ched!

Ok I’m basically skimming these last few pages in trying to catch up, so apologies if I bring up something already discussed or answered. I did read all the courtroom tweets and the previous thread to conclusion.

I have to say that I always suspected KK was much more involved than she said, though not to this extent.

I thought the solicitations were just comments he made to her on the phone. I never dreamed that she actually made 3 trips to try and kill KB, much less actually came face to face with her.

On that trip, KK’s aunt was allegedly with her. How much did the aunt know, before and after?

I find it hard to believe that they had to travel 1600 miles round trip just to look for a horse trailer.

And what did the aunt think of KK stopping at this seemingly random woman’s house to bring her a Frappuccino? Didn’t she wonder why? And why would KK bring her aunt on a trip to murder KB in the first place? Did the aunt know or did she just not question this weird trip for some reason?

Clearly this was thought out and plan on several attempts, so I would certainly assume KK was aware that PF was going to do this on thanksgiving. How did she get everything together so quickly unless she knew the time frame?

Obviously she borrowed her friend’s car to be incognito, but how did she explain this to the friend? Did she know what KK was going to do?

Wouldn’t you question why your friend wants to take your car on a long road trip? Much less the fact that the car had expired tags and would make it a target to be pulled over by police at some point in such a long trip?

I had some other thoughts but I’m forgetting them right now. This is all just such a cluster *.

It sounds like it was wood, and law enforcement actually tore some of it up.

ETA:
During Dec 21st search investigators tore up hardwood floor in #KelseyBerreth home to help the investigations. @KKTV11News
That's right! I was super tired last night should have remembered that. I wake up to a 5 am call my grands school is on a 90 min delay, more snow in Ohio!

There was NO 2WEEK REHAB...The CBI Agent said she did not check in for 2 weeks. She visited that clinic, which is a treatment center for anxiety/depression. But it is not a drug/alcohol treatment rehab ctr and she did not stay there.
Probably spoke to a counselor?

I know this is totally beside the point, but I was kind of impressed that a combination of OxyClean and Windex were able to clean up the crime scene to the point that blood wasn't detected even with the dogs.
She might just have a future ahead of her after all!

Kelsey Berreth case: Patrick Frazee to stand trial for murdering Colorado mom, judge rules

Testimony during the daylong hearing centered on what Frazee's paramour, 32-year-old Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, told investigators during their probe into Frazee's disappearance. Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater testified that Kenney told police Frazee characterized Berreth as an alcoholic who had physically abused the couple's daughter, Kaylee. Slater said there was no evidence that was the case.

Slater testified that Frazee began trying to convince Kenney to kill Berreth in September of last year. Kenney told police Frazee suggested a number of methods to kill Berreth, including poisoning her coffee and beating her with a metal pipe or baseball bat. According to Slater, Kenney said she failed to follow through with Frazee's instructions, leading him to say at one point at the end of October: "I guess if you can't do it, I'm going to have to."

Still reeling from the many, many days KK had to run to LE with information before this happened.

Morning. Wish I could express my usual "good" morning, but I'm still in shock and pi**ed off about all that we learned yesterday. Taking today to reflect and regroup. :( Not even watching the local news today to rehash it all.

It's still snowing here, lots of ice and bitterly cold. A proper symbol, I think, for the two murderous monsters and each and every one of their accomplices (complacent and not) we learned about yesterday. Bitter, dark, and ice cold. Including Ma F. May they all burn in hell.

Have a peaceful Wednesday, friends.
xoxo

"Investigators initially said Berreth was last seen on surveillance video with the couple's daughter at a grocery store near her home. However, police later found footage on a neighbor's surveillance camera showing Berreth, Frazee and their daughter at the entrance of Berreth's townhome later that afternoon."

Kelsey Berreth case: Patrick Frazee to stand trial for murdering Colorado mom, judge rules

I know a lot of us thought the last known video surveillance was at the grocery store. I'm so glad they found this other video at the townhome!

Thank you Missy1974 that's what I read too! It sounds like she was there, she knew his every move!
Yes, she was. She witnessed him burning her body, as did his mother.
It's likely one of the most important parts of her testimony.
I would really like to hear what his mom has to say about that event.

This morning as I was catching up on the other cases I'm following, I was struck by something that hit me like a ton of bricks. SLP in TN and JC in WI were children who were in the physical custody of their tormentors, yet both found a way to free themselves and bring down their abusers. KK has 30 some years of life experience, a nursing degree, a job with a good deal of responsibility and was raising children. This poor lady was sooooo in fear of someone who was physically 800 miles away from her and she could think of no way out but to go along with him. Let that sink in.
She was running to PF, I don't recall reading about him traveling to ID !

Morning. Wish I could express my usual "good" morning, but I'm still in shock and pi**ed off about all that we learned yesterday. Taking today to reflect and regroup. :( Not even watching the local news today to rehash it all.

It's still snowing here, lots of ice and bitterly cold. A proper symbol, I think, for the two murderous monsters and each and every one of their accomplices (complacent and not) we learned about yesterday. Bitter, dark, and ice cold. Including Ma F. May they all burn in hell.

Have a peaceful Wednesday, friends.
xoxo

Hope that farm/piece of property (35 acres) is taken/condemned.

Me too, but doubt she will say anything to incriminate her youngest.

The prosecution tried to call Patrick Frazee's mother Sheila Frazee as its first witness, however, her attorney argued that she should not be compelled to testify, citing her Fifth Amendment rights.

The judge ruled in favor of Sheila Frazee and she will not testify at this point, though he has asked that she leave the courtroom.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

Pleading the fifth is so telling to me.

So would I. SF is also a former nurse as is KK. It blows my mind that these women who trained and schooled to 'take care of others'
could stand by and watch a young woman be burned to a crisp.
Such vile sickness in the F family. Understandable how PF
was raised to become a monster. I pity his poor animals, they
probably suffered the brunt of his abuse also.

Poor KB. May she RIP. And poor little KB and CB. Utterly
unfathomable what someone can do or assist with.

How long was the preliminary hearing yesterday? I was gone most of the day and had to do a lot of reading to get to this point.

Well, poo! I had copied quotes from several posters and they did not show up.

Oh well here is my lightbulb moment.

I don't "math" well
So, my thoughts are likely to be WRONG!
Look at these numbers!
Began an intimate relationship
March of 2018
6 months later, first "attempt"

#1 - Sept 23,2018
poison in coffee.
(1600 miles)

2nd attempt
#2 -Oct 15, 2018
metal Rod
(1600 miles)

3rd attempt
#3-Oct 21, 2018
Aluminum baseball bat
(1600 miles)

Nov 22, 2018 PF "alone" successful.
Back to Teller County

KK shows up 2 days later?
(1600 miles)

Total= 6400 miles in
1440 hours or
62 days!
At an average of 70mph it takes almost 24 hours to make a 1600 mile round trip!
Multiply that by4.
=96 hours if driving with no stops for bathroom or meals!

4 SOLID DAYS OF DRIVING TO FINALLY SUCCEED WITH A MURDER!

She also made sure not to take her vehicle every time as 6400 miles in 62 days as that would raise red flags.
Not if she had a lease and that were the case, her vehicle when returned would like have exceeded the miles allowed during the terms of the lease.
I'm not sure how much they charge per mile for overages.
I think 25 cents?
At 6400 she would be looking at $1600 upon return of the vehicle.
I'm going to guess she drives a big truck with 3 large towing capacity.
So, I'll be generous with mpg.
Now if she has diesel fuel I have no clue.
Based on a average price per gallon for non octane gas in Utah and Colorado I get $2.50 per gallon.
So, 6400 miles @ 14mpg is roughly $425.00
6400 miles over
62 days
48 hours driving
$425.00 gas
$1600 if leased vehicle
PLUS meals on the road
$2500.00 (+/-)
For 3 murder attempts and the cover/clean up after the attempt that was completed.

Yeah, she was "scared".
Complicit and determined fits the bill better!
Completely willing to invest significant time and $!

Also wrt Kelsey being knocked unconscious.
PF lacked the strength to accomplish that and the fact that blood was found in several rooms, indicates Kelsey was alive and trying to flee her attacker with every bit if willpower that she possessed.

Kelsey was born Sept 22 1989.
What day was baby K born, was it in October 2017?

I find it disgusting that he wanted to execute this murder on or around the birthday of these two beautiful women.
IMO
That was to spite KB's family, specifically her mother.

The fact that this began in September is very telling to me!

As is to why KK is being allowed to appear by teleconference now.

Again do the math.
For 62 days 6400 miles was no issue.
What's another 1600 or 3200?
Unless she has a condition where that distance, riding in a car would be discouraged by a doctor.
Clearly at a date this summer, she will be able to attend.

All moo!
Funny how he seemed never to have driven out to see her, as they were so "intimate" during those months.
It was perfectly fine with him to let her do the 96 or so hours of driving and have her spend her time and money.

Did he ever offer to pay her? Wouldn't he have had to give her something in order for it to be solicitation? Hmmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025