CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So interesting- just the mom and PO brother there. No wife and kids of brother? PF's sister and her family wasn't there? Just the three of them, that we know of? This makes things all the more suspicious, if you ask me. Not saying the brother had any idea before going for dinner what was up, but it's awfully strange that the dinner table was pretty empty shortly after PF came from Kelsey's condo, only for him to go back to the condo. It makes you wonder if he told Kelsey he would be back in awhile, was going to go get something, went home to establish he had dinner at Ma's house with LE brother, then left saying he was getting the baby from Kelsey, came back and the rest is history.

I also wonder how he cleaned himself up nice and tidy after murdering her. He had to have had a change of clothes and shoes with him, right? So did he change into other clothes while at Kelsey's, killed her, cleaned himself up, the changed back into the same clothes his mother and brother saw him in at dinner?

The things that go through my head when I sit quietly for too long.

IIRC, the clothes on one of the surveillance that day had him wearing a white T-shirt. They did not mention what he was wearing in the other surveillance cameras

(snipped for brevity)

5) How did LE miss the blood? It didn't show up with luminosity, or whatever the word is? Who was in charge of it. CBI? Maybe they thought pf did it, but because ît was SO clean they didn't think it was done with bloodshed.
Does lay people need to come in to future crime scenes to help LE out? Oy vey (don't really know what that means but it sounded appropriate).

This is disturbing. I think perhaps the police erred slightly in assuming that KB was only missing. This is another instance where we are paradoxically lucky we have KK's testimony about the two blood spots that CBI missed. The local police probably don't investigate a lot of complicated scenes like this, but I would think the CBI/FBI teams should not have missed anything - particularly when the two spots KK pointed out weren't somewhere easy-to-miss like the underside of a chair or the crevices of hardwood flooring - they were on a light switch and on the fireplace.

Am I remembering correctly? IIRC, LE didn't report finding blood until after KB's folks found it in several places in the bathroom. Even then, I worried that that evidence would be successfully challenged: there was mention that it could have been KB's period (on a towel rack? and multiple other places in the bathroom? I don't think so....). There's also mention of another male's DNA and 'commingled' blood. That undermined that evidence, and I fully expected someone on PF's side to hint that KB's parents could have somehow tampered with the evidence.

KK's testimony is much more damning, IMHO. A lot of what she's saying may come down to 'he said, she said', but she named two spots with blood splatters that LE had missed. The defense is going to have a hard time arguing those blood splatters away, IMHO.

I agree with this except SF being 'safe'. DA May sure as heck wanted her on that stand sooooo bad yesterday.

As per the affidavit KB's remains were burned there at the homeplace. I'd say the probability of Momma F not knowing what in the hell that burn was are slim to none IMO. The smell of burning flesh has an odor that is ghastly and it would have taken 2-4 hours probably. Could we get an accessory after the fact for SF please?

MOO
There’s no way of proving what she did and didn’t know, as that’s inherently unknowable.

Not without someone or something, to prove that she did something criminal.

I don’t think it’s there.

If she takes the stand at trial, she will plead the fifth, I’m certain of it.

The fifth gives her the ability not to self incriminate, but she will use it to protect her son, regardless of what she knew.

The thing that strikes me is this-

If I wanted to kill my girlfriend/fiance/wife at her condo, I would do it as quietly and cleanly as possible. This is Murder 101. I am not a "cowboy" or as big as PF but I have little doubt that I could strangle a woman (sorry) who had a sweater covering her face awaiting pleasant aromas.

This is not what PF wanted.

He wanted to use a baseball bat to inflict as much damage as possible with no concern for blood evidence. This is hard to fathom. He hated KB. He thought she deserved his punishment. His actions were not spontaneous, he thought this out and planned this method of execution. A baseball bat.

I can't even begin to understand this.

ITA. The question on my mind, is what was the reason for such a deep-rooted hatred?

That’s true, and we should never forget that.

I hope she doesn’t either, and can’t, even if she wants true.

She didn’t swing the bat, and PF deserves everything that is coming to him.

He is the most responsible, as he physically ended her life.

But she doesn’t deserve a pass, not even close.
AMEN! Well said!

I go back and forth trying to decide who was the alpha in the PF+KK relationship.
They both manipulated each other into doing each other's dirty work. But since he's the one who actually did the deed. I would say she is. Try as he might to get her to do it. She held out until she pushed him into it.
If I were her Ex I would make her pack her bags STAT.
MOO

Well, I think many will now surmise what they are looking for in the landfill. They are looking for those seven or eight bags, those black bags that she filled and took and put in the dumpster.

The missing bath mat pointed out by KB's mom would surely be in one of the garbage bags. And the tooth?

Also, the bags would be from the same batch still at KB's, perfect forensic evidence.

Ironic about the cellphones. KK seems to have had a much better understanding of how they worked than PF. She was buying burner phones to protect herself and didn't send the fake texts until she was back in Idaho. Dimwit PF is sitting there with a phone in each hand, texting from one to the other, and doesn't realize LE will be able to determine that.
Yet apparently she didn't turn off the phones on her trip back to Idaho.
Oh, that's right, she was leaving a trail for LE to follow!

Yes. It was reported yesterday by CBI Agent Slater that KK took Investigators to both the Nash Ranch barn where black tote with body initially stored, and the burn area on SF property. One of the Investigators reported that he was trained with IED's, accelerants, etc. in Afghanistan, and he confirmed this location by KK was the burn site.

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but in the final seconds of the KOAA TV drone video taken after the first search of PF's ranch, there is a corral located well below the dug up area that looks to have a dark circular mark, and about ten feet away is a round metal trough like is described. Perhaps by "scooped up" KKL meant that he picked it up with a loader, and set it in the back of his pickup truck.
If this is the spot she decribed, an open fire could certainly be seen from the porch of the house, but not with any clarity through the trees.
Drone video shows area where investigators searched Frazee property

This will explain the coffee.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/Application and Affidavit for Arrest Warrant.pdf

Page 8 of 10

Paragragh 63

CBI Agent Greg Slater said Frazee and the nurse, Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, plotted for her to spike the coffee with drugs she had access to at work. Kenney went so far as to buy a caramel macchiato at the Starbucks inside the Woodland Park Walmart Sept. 23 and pose as a neighbor thanking Berreth for corralling her dogs that had gotten loose.

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/pl...ee-revealed-in-latest-hearing-on-murder-case/

Pfffft! Not for a minute do I believe KB would have told a stranger that she didn't help with the dogs and then accept the coffee. KK had only one reason she was there: she was stalking her!

I do believe KB was drugged prior to her murder and the drugs were supplied by KK.

The blindfold candle guessing game is weird to me. I mean, were PF and KB truly this close and playful in Nov? He must have really acted and played her. I thought they were in an ‘exchange the baby’ phase. It’s weird to let your ... fiance?.... who you are having issues with blindfold and play with you. Totally agree it sounds like a woman’s idea.

The candle thing just wreaks of something a woman would come up with, and him ordering her to clean up a bloody crime scene, makes sense if she was involved in the crime.

Again, I think context is in the eyes of who is telling the story.

KK supposedly wasn't there for the actual murder (i hate even typing that). All of the details are told to her by PF, and the main parts of sweater over head and the bat are most likely true. When she retells any of the story to CBI, she's putting her own spin on it. The candle scent game is more likely her embellishment. JMOO

She knew by the odor. Every article I have read said it is unmistakable.

Yeah burning any type of plastic is really noticeable and makes a terrible black poisonous smoke. I live out in the country and do a lot of burning of mainly fallen tree limbs and it only takes 1 mistake of putting in plastics to learn to never do that again.

So surely SF would wonder and ask what the heck he was burning if she saw the type of smoke that the burning tote would have given off.

I don’t know how he got the bat into the house, or how he was able to convince Kelsey to play along with this game, but I’m strongly leaning towards it being true.

There isn’t any reason for him to lie about this to KK, and she did state that she saw a sweater that was contorted in a way that it could have been a blindfold.

He beat an innocent woman to death, there’s no way to make that look any better.

If he bought candles at that Walmart, then I’ll be sold.
Could PF and KB been about to 'get intimate'? Of course KK would NEVER want that story out. Am I crazy or was PF not seen there shortly after KB returned from Safeway? If so, why did he have Baby K with him then?

Forgive me if I'm confused yesterday took a mental and physical toll and I had business today darn it! :p

Pfffft! Not for a minute do I believe KB would have told a stranger that she didn't help with the dogs and then accept the coffee. KK had only one reason she was there: she was stalking her!

I do believe KB was drugged prior to her murder and the drugs were supplied by KK.
This bothers me because who in their right mind would take an open drink from a stranger. This is just all so weird.

Absolutely if SF was near the burning then surely she would want to know what was burning. Especially with the cardinal rule in rural places that you dont burn plastics because they give off a horrendous smell and horrendous black poisonous smoke.

Most people that burn debri in rural places will be sure to remove all plastics and anything that will give off a really foul odor or really black smoldering smoke like plastics or rubber.
Exactly.

KK and SF may not have swung that bat...but we know KK knew before and after the murder what had happened, and said nothing.
It's a good bet that SF knew what happened and (before and after the murder ?) said nothing.
She HAD to wonder what PF and sicko girlfriend were burning on her own property.

It's a tad difficult... to think that the LE-trained brother caught nothing amiss at the T-day dinner. But maybe that's just myself being too paranoid ? Possibly.

How was PF able to get a metal trough, (I'm guessing this means something like a stock tank) out in front of Mommy's front door, load it with a plastic tote containing KB's body, add wood and an accelerant, and light a fire without Mommy seeing anything?
ITA !

Wouldn't she want to know what they thought was so important to burn that it couldn't be hauled off to the dump ?
If she opens up and talks (unlikely), and claims ignorance, what excuses did they give her ?
"We're just burning something, mommy. Nothing to worry about. Go back in the house."
Yeah, right. Smh.

Could PF and KB been about to 'get intimate'? Of course KK would NEVER want that story out. Am I crazy or was PF not seen there shortly after KB returned from Safeway? If so, why did he have Baby K with him then?

Forgive me if I'm confused yesterday took a mental and physical toll and I had business today darn it! :p
According to the affadavit, PF said he took custody of the baby after Kelsey returned from the Safeway.

They determined this to be true.

It was at this point, that he claimed he never saw her again.

Unfortunately for him, surveillance footage caught him returning to the house, right after the Walmart trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay