CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading all of that just made my stomach turn, that jerk, the baby was in her walker and he killed her mother in front of her. Sick evil pig.

And his disgusting sidekick rodeo varmint knew of this, and went to Kelsey's condo and cleaned it up. I have no kind words for these two, none.
I do. I just can't say them here.

The blindfold candle guessing game is weird to me. I mean, were PF and KB truly this close and playful in Nov? He must have really acted and played her. I thought they were in an ‘exchange the baby’ phase. It’s weird to let your ... fiance?.... who you are having issues with blindfold and play with you. Totally agree it sounds like a woman’s idea.

Keep in mind, she had been up with him very late the night before - checking on his cows and later, making a run to the pharmacy to get him something to soothe his alleged ulcer. I think she told her mother she didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning. Also from what she told her mother Thanksgiving morning, plans were kind of up in the air - probably because she was waiting to hear how PF's tummy was feeling. So if he showed up later and told her thanks, he was feeling better thanks to the meds, and he had a little surprise for her, I don't think she would have suspected a thing.

I think of this from a physiological standpoint. If you observe PF's demeanor on T.V. prior and after arrest he is extremely low key. His speed of speech, eye movement and mannerism. Even when confronted by reporters he is very consistent. My point is that on Thanksgiving after murdering KB to think he would mildly sit down for dinner would be unthinkable for most of our systems. We just couldn't hold it together but obviously his body can. It is something to think about.

Following what I can from all the threads posts and stuff from today and most importantly yesterday...PF went to the bank or ATM in his truck you could see the black tote on November 22nd in the trunk bed? That’s what I gleaned from the information I read. I also saw however horrific and indescribably bad that it appears the child was in a playpen in another room once the attack happened and give the blood spatter was in a mostly different area. Patricia Cornwell (wonderful person and crime writer) that I met when Charlotte Murray Pace was murdered (see serial killer Derrick Todd Lee) a sorority sister of mine (different college) said stabs are like a punch (understand KB was not stabbed) you may not feel everything and it’s not (hopefully) as bad as you would think. Your body goes into a different mode. My sorority sister was stabbed nearly a hundred times and raped and nearly decapitated. The hope is that they don’t feel all of those blows. It’s fight or flight. Given the blood evidence documented KB was fighting. Otherwise it would have been controlled to one area. My point in bringing this up was at some point the body kicks in to deal with trauma. That’s no conciliation to anyone that loves her. She suffered it’s just at some point your body kicks in to minimize if. Sorry for posting this. My dad was a pathologist and you know what they do for a living. At some point there was no pain. Bless her heart.

Great! I've love to see this.

I found the link to the episode of "Forensic Files" that shows how dna can be determined from ashes of a burned body. Maybe they can some ashes from whatever object (maybe a shovel) that he used to move her ashes. Here is the link.
I really hope PF has never seen this episode but he might have since he knew to get rid of the ashes. Just wondering if he was smart enough to get rid of the shovel. And where in the heck is that trough?

While all of the gory details provided by KK were riveting yesterday, much of it seems to be embellished by her for shock value and that's why the DA wanted the public to hear it. They want PF to plea. PF has to be seething from all of KK's incredible bs.

KB was tiny and one whack to the head with a wooden bat by a guy as large as PF would have knocked her to the floor. There was no chasing her all over the house going whack, whack getting blood everywhere from the back bedroom to the Bible, to the kitchen. Just because KK said there was blood on oven mitts, tin foil, baby toys, and she found a full tooth, doesn't mean any of it is true. It can't be proved because she threw it all away.

KK's story about the Starbucks makes absolutely no sense and sounds more like behavior of a stalker obsessed with KB. She knocks on KB's door and starts babbling about lost dogs and play dates and wants us to believe KB actually accepted the coffee. It isn't remotely believable. Not for a minute do I believe PF came up with an idea of a blindfold "game" with scented candles. That sounds like something from a soap opera script.

KK only admitted to being at the crime scene because she knew they might find her DNA there. But I think she totally fabricated the reason she was there.

And who is the male the DNA belongs to? Not PF. And where is the 8th bullet from Megan's gun?

JMO
I thought the DNA recovered were KB's blood, unknown male and other unknown female (?) Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Everything you've said I cannot agree more. It is nonsensical to me. I do believe KK was going right along with this scheme with PF and she was certainly no innocent, scared, damsel in distress. She's as evil as he is.
MOO
ETA: Sorry, I meant driving along with it
ETAA: Unkown Not PF's

Last edited:
The missing bath mat pointed out by KB's mom would surely be in one of the garbage bags. And the tooth?

Also, the bags would be from the same batch still at KB's, perfect forensic evidence.

Plastic bags

COMMONWEALTH vs. DIRK K. GREINEDER.

Two of the three plastic bags found at the scene and the bags in one box of plastic bags seized from the defendant's home were manufactured from the same sheet of plastic.

COMMONWEALTH vs. DIRK K. GREINEDER.

I thought the DNA recovered were KB's blood, unknown males (PF?) and other unknown female (?) Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Everything you've said I cannot agree more. It is nonsensical to me. I do believe KK was driving this scheme with PF and she was certainly no innocent, scared, damsel in distress. She's as evil as he is.
MOO

Unknown males dna, not pf.

If KK had gone to the police the first or even second time she went to CO to harm KB and told them of PF’s intent, KB would be alive today.
That implies the police would have been proactive and I'm not sold on that. Most I've know, heck all I've known, have been extremely reactive.

According to the affadavit, PF said he took custody of the baby after Kelsey returned from the Safeway.

They determined this to be true.

It was at this point, that he claimed he never saw her again.

Unfortunately for him, surveillance footage caught him returning to the house, right after the Walmart trip.
Ok so we're on the same page. :)

So he left with Baby K and he came back to KB's to play 'guess the scent' with KB and then killed her?

I think of this from a physiological standpoint. If you observe PF's demeanor on T.V. prior and after arrest he is extremely low key. His speed of speech, eye movement and mannerism. Even when confronted by reporters he is very consistent. My point is that on Thanksgiving after murdering KB to think he would mildly sit down for dinner would be unthinkable for most of our systems. We just couldn't hold it together but obviously his body can. It is something to think about.
Yes, being a sociopath served him well. It allowed him to think clearly, behave normally, and go through the motions.

The same can be said for Chris Watts.

They aren’t like us.

ITA !

Wouldn't she want to know what they thought was so important to burn that it couldn't be hauled off to the dump ?
If she opens up and talks (unlikely), and claims ignorance, what excuses did they give her ?
"We're just burning something, mommy. Nothing to worry about. Go back in the house."
Yeah, right. Smh.
If burning a human body that has been soaked with gas and oil is anything like the black smoke that is created from burning tires then they could have lied and said they were burning some tires. I know a neighbor I had years ago out in the country started a fire burning some tires and I saw black smoke and so did the state cop that showed up at his house. Not sure if gas and oil combined with a human body would put off the same amount of smoke. I just can't believe the neighbors didn't call the police if they saw the fire or smelled something strange.

Ok so we're on the same page. :)

So he left with Baby K and he came back to KB's to play 'guess the scent' with KB and then killed her?
That appears to be the case.

He probably set it up as some sort of surprise. She might not even have known that he was planning to return.

Yes, 2016. Prior to or early in 2016 PF seems to have had 2 LDR's. Sometime during that year 1 LDR moves to him to be closer, and is pregnant within 3 mo. The second LDR starts a divorce and continues to hook-up with the intent of a "relationship".

PF's worlds are about to blow up.
I'll remove the YT its anyone thinks it's insensitive.
Honestly, the only thing I can think as to why both these women were so into PF...A big unit he has. That THE only reason I can imagine. Because he sounds like a scary murderous creep.

I think if there was going to be some sort of strong "bond" or "secret" between PF and KK, perhaps one of her kids might be PF's (watched too much GoT recently). It would be something they both share and at the same time want to be kept a secret. Or...maybe they're both just narcissists.
What stronger bond between a man,and woman is there? Ummmm cue the Jeopardy theme.
Sad, I think these two have been at it for enough time for that to be possible.
People like KK,and PF don't care about innocent lives they will affect.
That's just how scummy they are.
MOO

Yeah. It kinda fits.

The candle thing just wreaks of something a woman would come up with, and him ordering her to clean up a bloody crime scene, makes sense if she was involved in the crime.

Specifically, the planning.

It’s also possible that he simply had her under his thumb, and he was controlling and domineering, but I think the former makes the most sense.

Maybe he told KK he had recordings of her discussing the potential murder with him. MOO

So, about that "missing bullet" from MG's gun...

Assuming the affidavit is in chronological order:

• p52 - 11/23/18 - MG asks KKL if they can swap cars because MG needs a pick-up truck to move
  • p54 - 11/25/18 - MG meets KKL @ Walmart to get her car back
  • p56 - 12/14/18 - KKL calls MG to tell her she was contacted by FBI, and KKL says they may ask about KKL borrowing MG's car
  • p57 - Date Unspecified - MG saw news article about KB and decided to check the status of her weapon
This would seem to indicate a lapse in time between when she got the car back, and when she checked the gun. If this is accurate, it may have been someone other than KKL responsible for the missing bullet, right?

Also, between p52, and p56, there seems to be some confusion about who asked to borrow a car...

E183CB92-6271-4679-92DC-F4049300C1D2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm guessing PF had the metal trough because he used it for the horses and other farm animals to drink water out of? I know around here in Texas most feed stores sell metal troughs for farmers and ranchers to use for their animals/livestock to drink water from. Sometimes there is a windmill near a trough in an open pasture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam