CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no expert but I have studied Narcissistic behavior a lot. I think PF and KK are two Narcs that found each other. The average person could not commit a murder like that but to willingly clean it up takes a sicko too. I think the two of them took sick pleasure in it. JMO. Her excuse of being scared of him? Such BS IMO. The minute someone asks most people to do something like that they would call the police then hire a bodyguard. I am rather surprised a good cop would fall for that excuse. jMOO.

And then PF shows up for Thanksgiving dinner like nothing was wrong. I have no words that are not going to get me a time out. I also heard that KK lied to LE when they first contacted her saying she did not even know PF or KB. She is also a LIAR. I hope they both burn in hell. IMO.
She claimed that she didn't even know Frazee at first? No wonder it took LE so long to get all the details from her. I would like to know what it was that made her decide she had better cooperate.

We need to put together a list of evidence- tangible vs KK testimony against PF.

I have no doubt he did it but honestly it all hinges on her testimony.

If she wasn't accounted for in Idaho on Nov 22 and didn't live 800 miles away, it could have been a real issue for prosecution. With Defense saying she did it.

TBH, they could still do that and say maybe the timelines are all off and KB was killed on Nov 24 when she arrived from idaho by the same person who had already made 3 attempts.

Where PF went wrong was saying anything about Nov 22. Because if he had not said the last time he saw KB was at pick up or drop off. Then he could explain away the two cell phones travelling together towards divide and back to KB"s as KB was actually with me, we went for a drive to talk about our relationship. So still alive on Nov 22. And blame it on KK on Nov 24.

Patrick Frazee tied sweater around Kelsey Berreth's face, beat her to death with bat, Idaho nurse told police

2/19/19

A nurse who said she loved Patrick Frazee told investigators he confessed to her that he beat his fiancée Kelsey Berreth to death with a baseball bat and burned her body on his ranch, according to gruesome testimony at a preliminary hearing Tuesday.

The nurse, Idaho resident Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, told police that Frazee said he’d scooped Berreth’s remains from the fire he’d ignited with gasoline and oil, and either left them in a dump or threw them in a river, Colorado Bureau of Investigation Agent Gregg Slater testified at Frazee’s preliminary hearing in Teller County District Court.

The daylong hearing — which ended with the judge ruling prosecutors had presented sufficient evidence to take the case to trial — offered the first explanation of how authorities believe the 29-year-old Woodland Park mother was killed, and what happened to her body.

And if things had went the way “they” planned, KKL would be laying with P tonight, imo.
She needed KB out of the picture to have a shot at a future with a PF. A future she fantasized for years. Moo

Colorado prosecutors allege Kelsey Berreth‘s fiancé asked his longtime friend, a nurse, to steal powerful drugs so they could poison the coffee of the missing 29-year-old mom whom authorities presume was murdered, according to multiple reports.
This part bothers me ... because let’s face it, it would have been a much more humane way for anyone to die compared to being bashed with a bat! It physically hurts just to type those words.
WHY so much rage from PF that he could do such a horrific thing? Why not drug her or poison her?
He covered her face to do it, he had to ... so why not poison her??? Why did he end up beating her to death leaving ALL sorts of evidence behind to be found?
It seems he was trying to impress KK - trying to prove he was a man by the way he did it???
I’m just speculating - because some things don’t make sense - probably because I don’t think the way a murderer does ...
Or I’m all wrong and KK lied and she did it - then called him for help... which I suspect is what the defense is already planning...

I wasn’t optimistic they’d ever find an intact body, let alone burned bone chips.

She’s out there, but she’s gone.

I'm not willing to concede that yet, Massy.

I understand that the probability is extremely low.

But, then again, the probability of finding what remains of her remains does not stand at 0.000000000000%.

So, I do not concede that she cannot be found.

We have to hope for something in this case.

Not much else left to hope for...aside from PF's conviction, which is not so much a hope as it is a statistical certainty at this point, after what we learned today.

I still believe that PF was only using KK the whole time. And I also wonder when KK figured that out? Did LE bring that up in the first interview? You know what they say, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned....moo

I wonder if he filled out the paperwork for custody at that time thinking he had a good case against her and proof that she was an unfit parent.
Then after she went to rehab or whatever treatment it was, she was doing well and staying healthy and it was at that point he decided to kill her. Imo
I have said before I think they visited a CO family law attorney and found out they would not get full custody under any circumstances and the plan was put in motion in September IMO

Last edited:
I'm not willing to concede that, yet.

I understand that the probability is extremely low.

But, then again, the probability of finding what remains of her remains does not stand at 0.000000000000%.

So, I do not concede that she cannot be found.

We have to hope for something in this case.

Not much else left to hope for...aside from PF's conviction, which is not so much a hope as it is a statistical certainty at this point, after what we learned today.
There’s always a chance, but I think it’s incredibly remote.

How did you manage to get a picture of PF as your avatar? Did you sneak into the jail?

PF's cold silence is even more menacing to me after getting the facts of what went down.

No shame, no tears, nothing. Just pure violent evil to beat a 103 pound mom to death with a baseball bat in cold blood.
And he'd been thinking about it for sometime as he asked KK to beat her to death previously, according to today's hearing.

The only light in this sickening murder is that baby K will be with KB's mom, her maternal Grandma.

I learned today that Ma F pleaded the 5th after seeing the fire PF set to burn the mutilated remains of KB.

Wonder if there will be any charges against her?

As for KK, I have no words. She cleaned up a slaughter, even seeing a tooth in a vent from KB's battered skull and later ate a hearty meal.

She was also previously asked by PF to beat KB to death with a baseball bat, but "chickened out" (pardon my paraphrase).

Then she was asked to put meds in KB's coffee.
According to a CBI agent in this link:
Patrick Frazee pressured Idaho nurse and rodeo queen to kill Kelsey Berreth with drugged Starbucks, a steel rod, and a baseball bat: Report

She helped PF cover up the most sickening, violent murder and now says she was scared?

I don't understand.

Edited to add link to CBI agent alleging that it was PF asking KK to place meds in KB's coffee.

moo
Can you imagine being one of these investigators, detectives, or agents and SheDevil starts to describe how she packed her car full of gear each time to come down with plans to kill KB in violent manners? Then PF finally succeeds but you help clean the crime scene that sounds like a scene from the Exorcise but nope, it was handled in 3 to 4 hours, and you had worked up enough appetite for Sonic. I have dealt with some pretty cold consciences but there is absolutely nothing that can prepare you for this. You have to be questioning your own sanity at the time. Am I hearing you right?

I cannot grasp this.

Why did he choose this instead of joint custody? Why did he feel this was the only way to solve whatever problem he was having? Why was he hanging with KB and having her get him medicine for his achy tummy 12 hours before he was going to murder her? Why did KK not find his plan disturbing? Why was KK ON BOARD with it to the point of even nearly doing it herself? Why, when she confided in her friends, did no one seek help for KB as early as one month PRIOR to KB's actual death? Why did he do this with the baby in the house? Why did he do it so VIOLENTLY (there are ways to have done this with way less mess)? Why did he leave the house covered in blood for nearly two days so inflated with his own self worth to not clean it? Why did KK drive all the way down to clean up HIS mess? Why did she go back and continue to live life as normal and even celebrate in Nevada? Why did she risk her family, her career, and her freedom for something so senseless?

I cannot grasp this. This is the most bizarre case I've ever seen. Occam's Razor did not apply here. Nothing about this was simple. It was extremely convoluted and no where near typifying normal human reactions and behaviors.

Anyone catch the whole KB was at dinner with a co-worker earlier in the week? I wonder if she was moving on and he was convinced he would lose his daughter. Before I married my husband, we had our first child out of wedlock. Now that we're married, custody could get murky if we split, but before we were married it was clear cut---barring something horribly incapacitating me as a mother, full custody for me was a given. That had to have been the motive, he didn't want her to have full custody.

I wonder if that's what the Berreths were referring to in the wrongful death suit when they describe the mental abuse she endured before and during the murder.

I was sad to think they were playing what KB thought was an innocent "guess the scent" game with the candles.

Now I'm horrified to think he may have had her tied up, threatening to hit her with the bat if she missed guessing the correct scent.

There’s always a chance, but I think it’s incredibly remote.

How did you manage to get a picture of PF as your avatar? Did you sneak into the jail?

Haaaa. Is he still alive? Then there's your answer.

Thanks for the brief moment of levity, though. It is much needed right now.

Sometimes, you have to laugh so that you don't cry.

He told KK where to find it. That's the part that makes no sense. If he knew where to find it, why didn't he remove it.

Really.
Her story doesn’t add up, imo.
What if she forgot or couldn’t find the tooth?
IMO, KKL was there for the deed. She finally worked the courage up to do what she claims she’d been solicited to do, imo.

And if things had went the way “they” planned, KKL would be laying with P tonight, imo.
She needed KB out of the picture to have a shot at a future with a PF. A future she fantasized for years. Moo
Because she was apparently so in love with him ?

I was sad to think they were playing what KB thought was an innocent "guess the scent" game with the candles.

Now I'm horrified to think he may have had her tied up, threatening to hit her with the bat if she missed guessing the correct scent.

That’s horror movie type stuff, and although this does seem like a horror movie, I don’t for a second think she was tied up.

A sadistic killer, who takes pleasure in inflicting mental and physical torture, doesn’t solicit someone else to kill for him.

He wanted her dead, just like Chris Watts wanted his wife dead; this was a means to an end.

I do think he tricked her, and did it the way he said.

Last edited:
Really.
Her story doesn’t add up, imo.
What if she forgot or couldn’t find the tooth?
IMO, KKL was there for the deed. She finally worked the courage up to do what she claims she’d been solicited to do, imo.

Don't we know that she was in Idaho on the day of? I read he made two calls, one at 4:24 to his mom, and then another to KK at 4:37 (missed, but she called back). Had she been in Colorado at the time, I think that would have been a major bombshell. They spent a lot of time talking about pinging cell phones--KB and PF's together, then ultimately KB and KK's together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member