CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that you’re not dealing with a rational mind. You’re dealing with a sick, sick mind. She pointed out the spots that LE had not discovered, so it is believable that she left them intentionally. As “crumbs” for LE, I don’t believe for one moment, but as personal secret “trophies”, and as tidbits to hold over PF should his cowboy eyes begin to wander again, absolutely.

I find her whole cleaning exercise weird. She does this for 3-4 hrs- obviously it could have been done for longer- it seems as if she ran out of energy and ran out of supplies. People have said "how could she eat after this," but she does not seem so much horrified and disgusted as just a person who drove a long way and did a lot of cleaning and she just gets hungry like a person doing house work. On some level like a hyena, she seems to revel in the blood- does she think at that point that it proves that PF likes her (KK) because he killed KB? On the other hand, all the blood makes for more work...why for her? Why is this her task? Does she have a master/slave relationship with PF where he assigns her tasks or like a gang where she is supposed to become a "good criminal?" PF still lives at the ranch and she does things such as "drops the metal pipe off at the ranch gate at night." These two do not seem to be lovers so much as criminals together. It also seems IMO that when she "fails" at the coffee and the metal pipe, she is superficially compliant with PF, but she really does not want to do this, so she fails and escapes. Wonder if there are demonstrable threats from him. Wonder if the 3-4 hrs cleaning are another way she is being only superficially compliant, and she is thinking that there are some small spots left but she is not going to "do a better job" to spite PF. Wonder also if she does eventually start to think she is next and there was nothing wrong with KB.

Last edited:
One thing I’m curious about, why did PF leave KB’s phone on after he killed her? I’m assuming the phone was left on...it wouldn’t have been picked up by cell towers otherwise, right? The affidavit has her phone traveling with his after her presumed death and before KK comes into town.

Surely he knew police would uncover that? Anyone with any knowledge of this stuff, it’d be much appreciated. And I apologize if it’s already been discussed and I missed it.
I think the simple answer is PF forgot about the phone. We still don't know for sure when KB died. KK wants us to believe it was the 22nd so that KK has an alibi.

JMO

I brought this post by MassGuyover from the previous thread:

This explains how he was able to concentrate, and ultimately contain, Kelsey’s remains.

He’d be able to scoop out the ash, and dispose of nearly all the evidence.

It wouldn’t disperse, a mistake that lots of people make when they use this disposal method.
------------

I don't know what's worse-using a Louisville slugger to bash to death the mother of your child or to be tasked with scooping out her ashes.

What is wrong with him?!!

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

KB TIMELINE Continued....

Nov. 22, 2018

1 – 4 a.m.: Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home. Frazee called his mother, Sheila, and Kenney at this time, according to his phone records. This is the beginning of when Frazee allegedly started carrying out his “scheme,” as the affidavit calls it, of using his and Berreth’s phones to try and “distract law enforcement, distort the actual date of [Berreth’s] appearance, and separate himself as a suspect in a murder investigation.”

Kenney told investigators that Frazee called her and told her to come to Colorado because she “had a mess to clean up.” She told investigators that she understood that meant that Berreth had been killed.

Evening hours: Both Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones were connected with cell towers near Cripple Creek, traveling in the same direction and similar distances from the towers. “This would indicate the phones were likely traveling together,” Frazee’s affidavit says. The affidavit says the two cell phones stayed together for the entirety of Nov. 22-24.

Investigators allege that Frazee removed Berreth’s body from her apartment that day and stored it in a black plastic tote at the Nash Ranch atop a haystack.

Help. I am LATE and just coming in and this is all too much. KB BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A BAT WITH LITTLE K IN THE ROOM!?!?!?!? Is there a transcript report I can read of what happened???

Come on... WHY would KK do all of this to help this evil man only for looooove? NO. I believe she was far more involved in the murder. Puke. A nurse...

Ita .

KK is just as evil as PF.
She was asked 3 times to murder Kelsey, and backed out. But she made an effort.

She might not have beaten Kelsey to death, but she knew it was going to happen. (that KB's life was going to end)
Rotten to the core, both of them.

Last edited: 27 minutes ago
LietKynes,

Whatever the correct story, surely, these two realized, that if PF was not arrested, either one would 'remove' the other, so the eliminator was safe: that they could not be incriminated.
There would be another missing person, perhaps never found, as thrown off a cliff etc.

Is it possible more people than just PF were present during Kelsey's murder ?
Not sure why I'm wondering.
But it feels like it's complicated.... just more persons crawling out from the woodwork.
I'm still not convinced PF was present during Kelsey's murder. I think KB was drugged, kept alive until KK came to town and KK killed her. All PF did was dispose of the body. iow, he cleaned up KK's mess, not the other way around.

JMO

Help. I am LATE and just coming in and this is all too much. KB BEATEN TO DEATH WITH A BAT WITH LITTLE K IN THE ROOM!?!?!?!? Is there a transcript report I can read of what happened???
I have to believe that PF's mom knew. She must have. Rather than being a bulldozer, I bet she was a doormat to PF too.

Holy Cow
According to to the arrest Affidavit Meghan knew about the murder plot too. In October.
Yet she let KK borrow her car with a fully loaded gun in it.
WTF.
I swear all the people who knew beforehand. They're like cockroaches hiding in the woodwork.
MOO

AgeofAquaruis,

There seem to be several people with info/knowledge.
I wonder if there will be further charges, each one implicating another, going for further 'plea deals'.
Their mate KK was successful, why not try this also, to save your own skin.
MOO.

I think the simple answer is PF forgot about the phone. We still don't know for sure when KB died. KK wants us to believe it was the 22nd so that KK has an alibi.

JMO
It has nothing to do with what KK says.

Surveillance footage and cell phone data provide the timeline (see @Seattle1 latest post).

PF returns to the apartment after he claims he last saw her, and two hours later, the deception begins.

The cell phones tell the story; including, but not limited to, his intentional misdirection.

Last edited:
One thing I’m curious about, why did PF leave KB’s phone on after he killed her? I’m assuming the phone was left on...it wouldn’t have been picked up by cell towers otherwise, right? The affidavit has her phone traveling with his after her presumed death and before KK comes into town.

Surely he knew police would uncover that? Anyone with any knowledge of this stuff, it’d be much appreciated. And I apologize if it’s already been discussed and I missed it.
This was difficult because if he turned it off too sound then he knew her Mom would be concerned and start looking for her sooner. I also imagine he is thinking one cell tower and perhaps didn't envision the details comparisons of the phones side by side traveling together.

There seem to be several people with info/knowledge.
I wonder if there will be further charges, each one implicating another, going for further 'plea deals'.
Their mate KK was successful, why not try this also, to save your own skin.
MOO.
As far as I can tell, we here on Websleuths seem to be the only ones who might be alarmed if our friends confide that they’ve been solicited to commit murders.

Ok, random thing....but from the Misc. info about KB above, a Starbucks employee said she would go there once a week for a Chai Latte. Ha! Take that KK and PF, her fave drink may not have even been a Caramel Machiato!

Ok, sorry, just saw that and thought of yet another stupid hole in the story.
maybe the carmel machiatto is what PF would have liked and if he really is a Narcissist, her preference would not have mattered :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm