CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #41 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does a brain shut off to the extent that you can be having a bonfire
with the remains of the woman who bore your child?
And then eating a tasty Thanksgiving dinner.
He's a psychopath, plain and simple.
So is KK imho. She also had a hearty appetite afterwards, stopping at Sonic.

Edited to add: I don't think KK came forward out of a "guilty conscience". She came forward to cop a plea because she knew she could face a lot of jail-time if she didn't, and that she'd be implicated as an accomplice. She only wants to save her own hide, imho.

moo

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

KB TIMELINE Continued....

Nov. 22, 2018

1 – 4 a.m.: Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home. Frazee called his mother, Sheila, and Kenney at this time, according to his phone records. This is the beginning of when Frazee allegedly started carrying out his “scheme,” as the affidavit calls it, of using his and Berreth’s phones to try and “distract law enforcement, distort the actual date of [Berreth’s] appearance, and separate himself as a suspect in a murder investigation.”

Kenney told investigators that Frazee called her and told her to come to Colorado because she “had a mess to clean up.” She told investigators that she understood that meant that Berreth had been killed.

Evening hours: Both Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones were connected with cell towers near Cripple Creek, traveling in the same direction and similar distances from the towers. “This would indicate the phones were likely traveling together,” Frazee’s affidavit says. The affidavit says the two cell phones stayed together for the entirety of Nov. 22-24.

Investigators allege that Frazee removed Berreth’s body from her apartment that day and stored it in a black plastic tote at the Nash Ranch atop a haystack.

Excellent addition, thank you.

I still go back to the Seven contacts on the early early early morning of Thanksgiving Day from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. between the two. some of those perhaps would be from her saying I'm coming and I've got your medicine, but what were the rest around 1 AM?

At that time they were supposed to be checking on cattle? I don't understand. Was a calf being birthed?

Kelsey Berreth case timeline: Everything we know so far

KB TIMELINE Continued....

Nov. 22, 2018
1 – 4 a.m.:
Investigators found that there were at least seven contacts made between Frazee and Berreth’s cell phones between these hours, including a four-minute phone call that happened around 1:42 a.m.

9 – 10 a.m.: Cell phone records show Berreth text messaged Frazee at 9:37 a.m. and that the two spoke on the phone for about 3 ½ minutes around 9:40 a.m.

12:27 p.m.: Berreth and her daughter are captured on a surveillance camera at the Safeway in Woodland Park leaving the store. Receipts from the store and her home corroborated she was there at that time.

12:31 and 12:33 p.m.: Frazee calls Berreth's cell phone in a 35-second call, and there is an incoming call from Berreth to Frazee listed as 8 seconds in length in the affidavit. The affidavit says that both of their cell phones connected to the same cell tower in Woodland Park

12:41 p.m.: A text message was exchanged between Berreth and Frazee.

12:54 – 1:17 p.m.: Frazee was captured on surveillance video at the Walmart in Woodland Park carrying a baby carrier with a blanket similar to the one seen in the Safeway footage. Investigators wrote in the affidavit that they believe their 1-year-old daughter was in the carrier at the time.

Frazee said he met with Berreth in an alleyway outside her home in Woodland Park to exchange the child just beforehand, which investigators said they believe did occur. This is the last time that Frazee reportedly saw Berreth alive, and he told investigators that while they exchanged their daughter, he returned some of her belongings, including a handgun, keys and other items – which have so far not been recovered.

1:24 p.m.: A person matching Frazee’s description is captured entering the front door of Berreth’s apartment on a neighbor’s surveillance camera – which investigators said contradicted what Frazee had told them about a timeline on that day.

Afternoon: Investigators believe this is when Frazee allegedly killed Berreth inside her apartment, then took her cell phone when he left. Investigators allege that he blindfolded Berreth and asked her to smell a scented candle, then beat her to death with a baseball bat. They say that Kenney was aware because Frazee told her about it.

Cell tower records show that Frazee’s phone was connected to the tower serving Berreth’s apartment from approximately 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. that day.

3:36 p.m.: That same neighbor’s surveillance camera again captures images of a person that matches Frazee’s description at Berreth’s home. Frazee called his mother, Sheila, and Kenney at this time, according to his phone records. This is the beginning of when Frazee allegedly started carrying out his “scheme,” as the affidavit calls it, of using his and Berreth’s phones to try and “distract law enforcement, distort the actual date of [Berreth’s] appearance, and separate himself as a suspect in a murder investigation.”

Kenney told investigators that Frazee called her and told her to come to Colorado because she “had a mess to clean up.” She told investigators that she understood that meant that Berreth had been killed.

Evening hours: Both Frazee’s and Berreth’s cell phones were connected with cell towers near Cripple Creek, traveling in the same direction and similar distances from the towers. “This would indicate the phones were likely traveling together,” Frazee’s affidavit says. The affidavit says the two cell phones stayed together for the entirety of Nov. 22-24.

Investigators allege that Frazee removed Berreth’s body from her apartment that day and stored it in a black plastic tote at the Nash Ranch atop a haystack.
I haven't read the affidavit yet.
Thank you to those that have.
On my timeline I have PF/KB/baby K checking on cattle in Westcliff: late on 11-21-19 to 3 am 11-22-19

3 am she drops off Patrick at his home then drives the 17 miles into Walmart to buy him medication. Then drives a 17 miles back to his place, then the 17 Mile to her own home with the baby.

Cheryl berreth said that her daughter told her she got home about 4 a.m.

So is this affidavit saying that during this time they're checking on cattle and Westcliff that he's texting and calliing KB? Aren't they together checking on cattle?

Explain this baby Exchange in an alley??? I thought Slater said there was a video surveillance exactly at 1 p.m. of KB and baby and flowers (she bought at Safeway) and PF all arriving at the same time at her front door???

Last edited:
Just as I have said that @MassGuy was right about PF murdering KB himself, I think @Trudie has been right that KK was instrumental in carrying out this vicious murder.

KK viewed KB as a rival. I don't buy that KK didn't know KB existed.

I believe nothing KKL has reportedly said. Her story sounds so contrived. I’m really suspicious PF or anyone would rely on a person hundreds of miles away to clean his murderous crime scene. I barely have confidence in my dog sitter, lol.
Of course KKL knew of KB & the baby. She also knew with KB in the picture, the chance P would commit to her was slim.
Bet she felt “double crossed” when she found out.........
I also bet that’s what led her to Kelsey’s door with coffee. She wanted to get a glimpse.
Moo moo

And then eating a tasty Thanksgiving dinner.
He's a psychopath, plain and simple.
So is KK imho. She also had a hearty appetite afterwards, stopping at Sonic.

Edited to add: I don't think KK came forward out of a "guilty conscience". She came forward to cop a plea because she knew she could face a lot of jail-time if she didn't, and that she'd be implicated as an accomplice. She only wants to save her own hide, imho.

moo
I am reminded of the quote by the Miss America who was molested by her dad.
She said that she didn't need to know why he did it. It's enough that he did it.

We will never fully understand why PF, Chris Watts, Jason Young and others
took the lives of others.

But to backtrack, I really think financial stress and brain damage contribute
to the tons of murders we are seeing.

I haven't read the affidavit yet.
Thank you to those that have.
On my timeline I have PF/KB/baby K checking on cattle in Westcliff: late on 11-21-19 to 3 am 11-22-19

3 am she drops off Patrick at his home then drives the 17 miles into Walmart to buy him medication. Then drives a 17 miles to her home.

Cheryl berreth sud that her daughter told her she got home about 4 a.m.

So is this affidavit saying that during this time they're checking on cattle and Westcliff that he's texting and calling KK??????

Explain this baby Exchange in an alley??? I thought Slater said there was a video surveillance exactly at 1 p.m. of KB and baby and flowers (she bought at Safeway) and PF all arriving at the same time at her front door???
What was PF's medication?

I’m curious what would make you think that?
The incredible amount of violence KK described was totally unnecessary. Especially because such a scene guarantees LE take a hard look at the domestic partner. The entire point of a premeditated killing is to not get caught.

KK claimed PF wanted drugs used and that part I believe because it is non-violent and she is a nurse.

I'm still not convinced PF was present during Kelsey's murder. I think KB was drugged, kept alive until KK came to town and KK killed her. All PF did was dispose of the body. iow, he cleaned up KK's mess, not the other way around.

JMO

To drug somebody over a two-day period, you would need to give them drugs every 6 to 8 hours to keep them out. And you would need to restrain them. And they would urinate and defecate on themselves. That would leave a lot of soiling on the bed or wherever they were kept. Is that what you are thinking that happened?

Or do you think he was there for a two-day. Continuously. And gave his phone to somebody else for a two day. Until she got there? And that person had his phone and went to his house every night?

I'm not following your scenario but perhaps I need more information to understand how this could happen.

Gliving posted a photograph of PF leaving the courthouse yesterday, in post 1393 of the last thread. I was surprised to see how different PF looks. He appears to have aged, lost weight, and be worried. He might even be getting a few gray hairs.
Gliving, because thread 40 has closed, would you be kind enough to post it again?

I find her whole cleaning exercise weird. She does this for 3-4 hrs- obviously it could have been done for longer- it seems as if she ran out of energy and ran out of supplies. People have said "how could she eat after this," but she does not seem so much horrified and disgusted as just a person who drove a long way and did a lot of cleaning and she just gets hungry like a person doing house work. On some level like a hyena, she seems to revel in the blood- does she think at that point that it proves that PF likes her (KK) because he killed KB? On the other hand, all the blood makes for more work...why for her? Why is this her task? Does she have a master/slave relationship with PF where he assigns her tasks or like a gang where she is supposed to become a "good criminal?" PF still lives at the ranch and she does things such as "drops the metal pipe off at the ranch gate at night." These two do not seem to be lovers so much as criminals together. It also seems IMO that when she "fails" at the coffee and the metal pipe, she is superficially compliant with PF, but she really does not want to do this, so she fails and escapes. Wonder if there are demonstrable threats from him. Wonder if the 3-4 hrs cleaning are another way she is being only superficially compliant, and she is thinking that there are some small spots left but she is not going to "do a better job" to spite PF. Wonder also if she does eventually starts to think she is next and there was nothing wrong with KB.
I think this is really insightful. One for the criminal enterprise idea and two the subservant relationship that may exist. I have a real difficult time figuring out exactly which one is in charge. My guess would be the one not in jail. My guess will be this will be the argument of the defense. I think it will takes months to begin to absorb any of this.

The incredible amount of violence KK described was totally unnecessary. Especially because such a scene guarantees LE take a hard look at the domestic partner. The entire point of a premeditated killing is to not get caught.

KK claimed PF wanted drugs used and that part I believe because it is non-violent and she is a nurse.
That was the first option presented according to the affidavit yes, but the subsequent options presented were clearly less so “non-vioilent”

Brought over from previous thread:

Hear, hear!!

Any normal, human would not have given PF three opportunities to solicit them for murder .

THREE times and she was still speaking to him.

That girl ain't right. Missing more than her shame bone.

MOO
Exactly -- and what makes her think that -- if he were not in jail for life -- he wouldn't do the same to her in the future? What was she thinking after he asked her three times??? After the first time? Hit the road, and don't look back, honey. And she's in a heap o' trouble now.

Still SMH on this one.

Despite reading for a day and half, I am still one thread behind. I am so horrified and sick over what has been revealed. I apologize for speaking out of turn.

I am livid that KK has been given a sweet deal. However, I am recalling that Judges in the past, have thrown out plea deals because they are ridiculous given the evidence against the defendant. I am praying to God, please don't let KK get away with this. And may karma greet SF, MS and her former employers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares