CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #45*ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only does oil throw up black smoke but heavy plastic totes burning make for gawd awful heavy black smoke. I know they were out in ranchette land, but the smoke alone should have been seen from somewhere.
A um....friend... just had a plastic container catch fire on her stove and I...er..she couldnt even see across the room for the pitch black smoke. :rolleyes:
Plus, a gawd awful smell. I think all PF burned were the bags of "evidence" KK removed from the townhouse and it was quick because an accelerant was used.

It's quite a stretch to believe they risked calling attention to themselves by burning a body (which would take hours) plus a big plastic bin. All PF had to do with the plastic tote was to clean it out and load it up with ranch tools, etc. According to LE, he had several on the property.

JMO

I don’t believe it either. How did the blood get all over the house?

Had PF been able to slip her just one Ambien, she would have been in a foggy, hazy state in 10-20 minutes if she was unfamiliar with the drug. Ambien hits each person differently. It is doubtful she was a moving target with an Ambien in her.

My thought is that if PF was angry enough to kill her, he wanted her to be aware of it. Evil thoughts to even write this!
We don't know that blood was "all over the house" because KK threw away all the evidence from her "cleaning."

JMO

Plus, a gawd awful smell. I think all PF burned were the bags of "evidence" KK removed from the townhouse and it was quick because an accelerant was used.

It's quite a stretch to believe they risked calling attention to themselves by burning a body (which would take hours) plus a big plastic bin. All PF had to do with the plastic tote was to clean it out and load it up with ranch tools, etc. According to LE, he had several on the property.

JMO
They had the privacy and seclusion of 30 plus acres.

Law enforcement located the burn site, and found remnants of that tote.

KK has no reason to lie about this, unless she wants to give the prosecution a reason to reneg on the sweet deal she got.

This guy left a bloody crime scene for a day and a half.

A guy like that, is EXACTLY the type of guy to burn a body on his own property.

It appears that all he did, was make one mistake after another.

I'm having problems with the plastic tote discoloring the hay bale and cadaver dogs hitting on it. MOO

This is my thinking on discoloration, the body was still warm when placed in the tote, along with bodily fluids still seeping, PF took the tote to the hay pile placed it on top, condensation could form from the range of temps on the hay, (hay can put off some heat if not properly dried) The tote sat there for 2 days, outdoor temps changing, if there was sun, sun on the roof could make condensation happen, if the tote was a fabric type (which I'm not sure what it was) fluids would seep. If the tote was plastic and had a broken seam fluids would seep. There must have been some type of bodily fluid on the hay for the dog to find it. Maybe traces from PF's shoes? So, the discoloration is either from condensation or seepage. IMO

We don't know that blood was "all over the house" because KK threw away all the evidence from her "cleaning."

JMO
Exactly! We only have KK's word that there was blood all over the house. Maybe there was only blood splatter in a limited area from a gunshot wound to the head. (Where is the missing bullet?) KK couldn't have cleaned the vaulted living room ceiling without a ladder and she didn't have one. We know KK didn't have a ladder to clean the ceiling because the FBI had to borrow a ladder from the fire department when they came to take evidence.

Here is a link to a bunch of farmers discussing Hay building up moisture, molding and turning black under plastic tarps:
(sorry, I couldn't find any blog site for hay under plastic totes)
Bale moisture under plastic tarp - Alfalfa/Hay

I guess what my question is, Dave, is can a heavy duty tote discolor color hay just in a 24-hour period or less? And if the tote was a heavy duty plastic tote, can we assume it wasn't leaking?
As was suggested before, I'm wondering if they simply placed the body on top of the haystacks And that's what discolored them and why the cadaver dog hit on not only the top of the haystacks but also to the side.
MOO,MOO

I think KK is attempting to create reasonable doubt with her stories to benefit her lover, PF and for herself.

Right.

Because nothing says "benefit" like ratting on your lover. Swoon.

I'm sure PF's incredibly relieved by KK's blabbing so many details that could be - and were - verified by CBI and/or FBI professionals. As he sits in jail.

moo

Here is a link to a bunch of farmers discussing Hay building up moisture, molding and turning black under plastic tarps:
(sorry, I couldn't find any blog site for hay under plastic totes)
Bale moisture under plastic tarp - Alfalfa/Hay

if we are talking about the tote being there from 11/22 to 11/24, there would be some decomposition and some odor. a dog has a super sensitive nose. even a tote which would not leak from the bottom might well release vapor from the top and a dog could pick up a scent, IMO.

Right.

Because nothing says "benefit" like ratting on your lover. Swoon.

I'm sure PF's incredibly relieved by KK's blabbing so many details that could be - and were - verified by CBI and/or FBI professionals. As he sits in jail.

moo
Ha! Exactly.

“I’m going to create reasonable doubt by implicating myself in three murder attempts, direct law enforcement to evidence, and lay out how it happened, where it happened, and when it happened.”

She made the case against PF, and will likely be the reason that he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

All part of her diabolical plot to “create reasonable doubt.”

God she’s good.

They had the privacy and seclusion of 30 plus acres.

Law enforcement located the burn site, and found remnants of that tote.

KK has no reason to lie about this, unless she wants to give the prosecution a reason to reneg on the sweet deal she got.

This guy left a bloody crime scene for a day and a half.

A guy like that, is EXACTLY the type of guy to burn a body on his own property.

It appears that all he did, was make one mistake after another.

I picture PF being in a furious fit when KK refused to haul the tote and garbage bags out of town.

Once she had driven 800 miles to clean the condo's bloody mess he thought she wouldn't refuse him anything.

The whole fire plan came into play with a readily available trough which had probably been used often to burn trash.

(People usually fall back on the familiar when they're in a panic.)

Mama F probably came onto the porch to see what all the yelling was about. MOO

When a plastic spatula falls down on the heating element in the dishwasher and starts to melt, you smell that awful smell and go to find where it's coming from!
I'm really starting to believe the only thing that was burned was evidence.
Not a body.
I'm leaning more and more to the fact that
I believe Kelsey will be found and KK is fabricating the "blood bath" she cleaned, along with the candles and sweater story.

She has fantastical beauty queen thinking skills.
I fear that Kelsey was laid out in a barn, tied up, severely injured waiting on KK to get there.

IMO She didn't drive that far to play mini maid, she had to do what she told PF she was going to do.
She knew there is no way to burn a body in a few hours or clean up a blood bath so well that LE can't figure it out on the first visit.
Moo
wow
there is so much food for thought in this post.
interesting g/snap!
well we do like facts...and the facts are KK came on the 24th with a loaded gun....
went home missing a bullet.

don't know how it all gels together but it has to.
we are definitely missing some big pieces of the puzzle that LE obviously have.
moo

I guess what my question is, Dave, is can a heavy duty tote discolor color hay just in a 24-hour period or less? And if the tote was a heavy duty plastic tote, can we assume it wasn't leaking?
As was suggested before, I'm wondering if they simply placed the body on top of the haystacks And that's what discolored them and why the cadaver dog hit on not only the top of the haystacks but also to the side.
MOO,MOO

I'm still thinking bodily fluids, he sat the tote on the ground and backed his truck up to it if I'm remember correctly.

As for corroboration of the candle scent story . . . Has LE or anyone else mentioned finding candles in KB's condo? How about info on what PF purchased at WalMart the 22nd? Candles? WalMart should be able to produce sales info for the time period LE believes he was there.

I see no doubt in this case. The only doubts here are those you have voiced that PF will possibly walk free.

PF beat 103 pound KB, the mother of his little girl to death --- whilst she was blindfolded --- with a baseball bat.

KK, although she is a disgusting human being, corroborates this theory.
So does blood spatter, brain spatter and other forensic evidence.

I'm pretty sure PF's defense will be grasping at straws because all the evidence points to PF as the vicious, murderous mastermind he is.

I don't think the DA/LE/CBI need KB's tooth, the proof will be in the blood/brain spatter, which will be proven by mitochondrial DNA etc that the DA have.

Plus they have KK's testimony. Although she's a rotten human being, she has turned state's witness, filled in some blanks, and I doubt she'd lie because her only focus is copping a plea deal, based on evidence, to save her own skin.

KB's tooth has maybe 1% bearing in this case.

MOO
Respectfully, please stop misrepresenting my posts. I have never said "PF will possibly walk free."

<modsnip: quoted post was edited>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I picture PF being in a furious fit when KK refused to haul the tote and garbage bags out of town.

Once she had driven 800 miles to clean the condo's bloody mess he thought she wouldn't refuse him anything.

The whole fire plan came into play with a readily available trough which had probably been used often to burn trash.

(People usually fall back on the familiar when they're in a panic.)

Mama F probably came onto the porch to see what all the yelling was about. MOO
BBM
Yelling? Did I miss something?

JMO

But previously you stated there was no evidence that KB had been killed.

Whose body was in the bag that was burned if it was not KB's?

moo

This is my thinking on discoloration, the body was still warm when placed in the tote, along with bodily fluids still seeping, PF took the tote to the hay pile placed it on top, condensation could form from the range of temps on the hay, (hay can put off some heat if not properly dried) The tote sat there for 2 days, outdoor temps changing, if there was sun, sun on the roof could make condensation happen, if the tote was a fabric type (which I'm not sure what it was) fluids would seep. If the tote was plastic and had a broken seam fluids would seep. There must have been some type of bodily fluid on the hay for the dog to find it. Maybe traces from PF's shoes? So, the discoloration is either from condensation or seepage. IMO

So you're thinking seepage from the top? And yes, it was plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78