CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #46*ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this post. Officers and agents face this every single day. I feel so bad for them. They are truly our heroes.

When I think of the sensory hell the searchers at the landfill are enduring, i.e., the sights, smells and tactile exposures, I'm so very, very appreciative of them and their willingness to undertake such an overwhelming, thankless task.

Heroes is the word!!

Last edited:
It's said the best lies are rooted in a smidge of the truth. I do believe he killed KB with a bat. I do believe KB was taken to a barn in a tote box. I do believe KK and PF and most likely SF burned KB and belongings in their yard where the majority of the digging happened. When KB was actually killed, whether KK shot her (accounting for that missing bullet in MG's gun), and whether KB was still clinging to life when she was placed in that tote and taken to the barn are a question for me.
If I had to give my scenario, I think PF battered KB in her home on the 22nd. He then put her in the tote, and took her to the barn. I'm not convinced she was dead at that time. I also believe when KK and PF went to the barn to retrieve KB to dispose of her, she was still alive and KK shot her to finish the job. Then I believe they took her back to the Frazee residence, burned her and while she burned and SF watched over things, the two went back to KB's home to clean it up. KK hadn't been in KB's home, so it would make sense for PF to go with her to make sure it would look undisturbed.
If SF was a part of the cover up and burning, I believe KK would have included her in her statement to LE. Why leave her out of the picture?

It's said the best lies are rooted in a smidge of the truth. I do believe he killed KB with a bat. I do believe KB was taken to a barn in a tote box. I do believe KK and PF and most likely SF burned KB and belongings in their yard where the majority of the digging happened. When KB was actually killed, whether KK shot her (accounting for that missing bullet in MG's gun), and whether KB was still clinging to life when she was placed in that tote and taken to the barn are a question for me.
If I had to give my scenario, I think PF battered KB in her home on the 22nd. He then put her in the tote, and took her to the barn. I'm not convinced she was dead at that time. I also believe when KK and PF went to the barn to retrieve KB to dispose of her, she was still alive and KK shot her to finish the job. Then I believe they took her back to the Frazee residence, burned her and while she burned and SF watched over things, the two went back to KB's home to clean it up. KK hadn't been in KB's home, so it would make sense for PF to go with her to make sure it would look undisturbed.

That has crossed my mind although the timeline leaves me doubting someone in bad shape can stay alive in a closed tote for that long... Yet perhaps it is possible. KK has a very odd emphasis on having not ever seen the body, except "sort of" in the fire. I have times I wonder if she did take the body with her, she took everything else... I sure hope they inspected the loaned vehicle, I see no reason why they wouldn't...

I too feel the gun, and possibly both of them, play into this in some way. The text that KB went to the shooting range explains hers being shot as well if they need to explain it. The guns bother me as well. Was there another attempt that missed, hence the missing bullet? Had she had this gun before she ever had the car? Had her friend loaned it to her for another reason? It says in the AA there were at least three attempts, it does not say they were the only. It mentions multiple requests by PF to her if I recall correctly.

Just thoughts and speculation.

If SF was a part of the cover up and burning, I believe KK would have included her in her statement to LE. Why leave her out of the picture?

LNF, IMO we don't know for certain that KK did leave SF out of her statement to LE.

Evidence, witnesses to be presented in Colo. missing mom case

From the above article:

The first witness Tuesday was Frazee's mother, Sheila, who invoked her Fifth Amendment rights. Her attorney said she was refusing to testify and not cooperating with the investigation.

I don't think Ma F. is in the clear yet.
Not by a long shot.

JMO.

LNF, IMO we don't know for certain that KK did leave SF out of her statement to LE.

From the above article:

The first witness Tuesday was Frazee's mother, Sheila, who invoked her Fifth Amendment rights. Her attorney said she was refusing to testify and not cooperating with the investigation.

JMO.

And if I understand it correctly, pleading the 5th is to avoid incriminating yourself, not your son. If she felt the need to do so, then there must be a reason. Just my logic anyhow...

And if I understand it correctly, pleading the 5th is to avoid incriminating yourself, not your son. If she felt the need to do so, then there must be a reason. Just my logic anyhow...

Agreed.

There's certainly no shortage of beastly types looking out for their own well-worn, leathery hides in this case.

Hope Dan May hangs all of them up on his office wall as a display when the trial's over.

JMO.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised if Mama Frazee was somehow involved or had knowledge of the crime. It just seems strange that she hasn’t been mentioned by anyone except for that day in court when the DA wanted to call her to the stand. I guess it could be a strategic move by the DA to get PF to confess, by implicating his mom.

From the above article:

Not by a long shot.

JMO.
I would like to see her prosecuted if she had any inkling her son was guilty and she helped him burn evidence. It is not enough for me to see PF prosecuted. This is such a horrific case. I would like to see KK prosecuted for conspiracy and her friends for obstruction of justice.

When I think of the sensory hell the searchers at the landfill are experiencing, i.e., the sights, smells and tactile exposures, I'm so very, very appreciative of them and their willingness to undertake such an overwhelming, thankless task.

Heroes is the word!!
Everyone has a calling in life and God bless them for the work they are doing! If it was me, I would have nightmares every single night for the rest of my life. I guess a person is just built special for that type of work.

I would not be surprised if Mama Frazee was somehow involved or had knowledge of the crime. It just seems strange that she hasn’t been mentioned by anyone except for that day in court when the DA wanted to call her to the stand. I guess it could be a strategic move by the DA to get PF to confess, by implicating his mom.

I think DA Dan was putting Ma F. on notice that he knows she's complicit in some aspect of the crime.

It was him firing a warning shot across the bow, IMO.

Last edited:
I think a text telling mom "I went shooting tonight" would have the opposite effect, because it implies "and now I am safely home from the target practice and texting you."
I think you missed the point. PF intended this as the last communication CB was to receive from KB before she went missing --coupled with his message that PF & KB broke up. Text was sent from KB phone when she was believed dead.

It is extremely common for violent criminals to attempt to make their crime appear more palatable/socially acceptable. This is very "Nine and 1/2 Weeks". I think it is invented for KKL's benefit and not the police. He wants her to know that while he could kill the mother of his child; he did it romantically as possible. I feel strongly the sweater covered her face after death and the candles covered the smell. I am sure he did enter the scene several times.
The sweater was left behind in her Townhouse. I don't think there is any way scented candles would cover the smell of death, especially any that you would buy at Wal-Mart.
Even the good candles only have a slight scent when you light them. Imo

I think DA Dan was putting Ma F. on notice that he knows she's complicit in some aspect of the crime. It was his warning shot across the bow, IMO.

I think not only ma Frazee was being put on notice, but he was sending a message to the community at large and publicly shaming those who are following the trial that information.

It certainly created the message that she was not fully cooperating at the least.

Also, it got her out of the courtroom which she must have been very upset about.

Kinda like Christopher Watts mistress?

Moo

I get the point being made--who tells someone, I brought in the grocery bags, then I set them on the floor next to the closet, then I used the restroom and came back and I picked up one bag....

This setting down of the tote is actually an excellent point of what seems wrong with her (or his alleged discussion of the facts with her) version of events. Who gives those kinds of details? Like the setting down of the tote?
Is it possible that when she was questioned they said to her… Tell us everything that happened, step-by-step, don’t leave anything out. And she just took that to the nth degree? It seems to me (if you have ever watched live PD) that when people are nervous and speaking to the police they WAY over explain.

I think KK may have said more about SF than we know. Key words: 'than we know'.

Keep in mind, it's possible SF has things to say about KK, too.

Re: discussion of the cellphones earlier (sorry, I wasn't up yet!).

PF surrendered his phone to LE. IIRC, he anticipated that and had already gotten a new phone and new phone number - perhaps on the advice of SF2. He didn't suddenly and conveniently 'lose' his phone and IIRC, LE found KK's number on his phone and that's how this whole thing started to unravel.

It appears that KK 'disappeared' her phone before LE could get it. I asked about cellhphone SIMs earlier, because I was curious to know what exactly might be on the phone itself that LE can't get any other way, ie, from the cell phone providers.

It also seemed slightly odd - PF gave his phone up and KK suddenly lost her phone. These two talked a lot about phones and leaving fake cellphone trails for the cops - ironically, they left far more of a real trail, via pings, than they did through fake texts and calls. It just seems odd to me that they wouldn't have discussed strategies on dealing with their own phones once LE came calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member