CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #49 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure thats what they said in the Dateline interview!
I understood it as CC repeating that PF had said it but I didn't know if it actually was. It very well could have been I was just so disgusted by that little man sitting there talking about KB like he knew all about her. I wonder if he ever really spoke to her or spent time with her?

yawningreyhound, I don't recall there being any firm plans
for Tgiving Day. Kelsey discussed several 'mentioned' things
they might do but nothing firm. Plans were up in the air.

right, several plans were mentioned, I'm just wondering what the real plan was. Usually people know their Thanksgiving plans well ahead of time.

Cheryl said Kelsey said "out" in her brief 11/22 convo, but then Kelsey mentioned casserole to Patrick in the TM; would Kelsey mention casserole to Patrick if the plan was to go "out?"

Usually cooks know who's coming to dinner ahead of time. So was Sheila EXPECTING all three of them? Sheila was apparently expecting Patrick maybe the baby. I don't think Sheila was expecting Kelsey or there would've been SOME mention maybe from the Bro that they were surprised Kelsey didn't come.

Stuff we'll most likely never know if we're depending on Sheila or Sean to testify honestly. If Sheila WAS expecting Kelsey (which, since Patrick was poisoning the well to everyone else about Kelsey, I'm assuming he was poisoning the Ranch well as well and there would be no Kelsey invited), I would think it would follow that she wondered where she was. If Sheila wasn't expecting Kelsey, I find it odd that Kelsey would be planning casserole and mentioned dip as a backup.

If I were an investigator on this case, I would've lost it a long time ago, LOL. Bless the investigators, for sure.

That's what Cline said. Apparently he is not familiar with the evidence.
Kelsey sought help for symptoms of depression. His account of her going for alcoholism twice and losing her job is not accurate. Imo

And IIRC, alcohol treatment was ruled out definitively by the depression treatment facility itself

Kelsey went to rehab TWICE after patrick...
Vanessa (ex-GF) ended up in jail...
Krystal ... attempted murder...

Pretty nuts how he affected the women in his life. Crazy Frazee...

This has been proven false per Sam Kraemer, It was not a Rehab facility and she only attended a depression clinic for 1 period of time......

Last edited:
quoted from last thread:
you pretty much never bring a sweet potato casserole to Cracker Barrel ...:(" end quote

Which got me thinking:

Have you all given any thought to the Thx dinner process? Here's all the inconsistencies I can't grapple with:

Kelsey told her mom Kelsey, baby, and PF were going out to dinner (which I interpreted not to Ranch but OUT, like to a restaurant)

Kelsey mentioned sweet potatoe casserole to Patrick and dip recipe when talking to mom (something you'd bring to a dinner at someone else's house, presumably)

Sean (the bro) showed up at Ranch for dinner

Patrick showed up at Ranch for dinner and there was no mention from Sean to LE that Kelsey was a no show, had been expected, no anything

No mention from Sean that Ranch was surprised to see Patrick and baby for dinner (indicating to me Kelsey was never expected, and indicating to me Patrick WAS expected meaning no mention had been made to the Ranch that he and Kelsey and baby would be going elsewhere)

Patrick told Cheryl that he, Kelsey and baby went to Crackerbarrel (lie)

I'm so confused.
I believe he told his family he and KB had broken up, I don't know this for a fact but because they weren't surprised she wasn't there at dinner, they weren't concerned when she went missing, and they went so far as to say publicly that KB was a problem makes me believe the stories he had told the Clines were the same stories he had told his family.
I also believe he told KB they would be going to his mother's for dinner, and I think it was a last minute invite from PF since KB had to go out at noon time to get things to make sweet potato casserole and flowers for his mom. My guess is that there had been tension between she and his mom and she was trying to smooth that tension. The reason I think it was last minute is that KB doesn't appear to be one of those types that isn't prepared. That she was at safeway just a couple of hours before a dinner, without makeup and her hair done properly would lead me to believe the invite was sprung last minute.
Then I think he knew, or found out in his conversations with CB, that KB had told people he and KB were getting together for dinner so he made up the story about going to Cracker Barrel together. PF was trying to cover for an inconsistency.

right, several plans were mentioned, I'm just wondering what the real plan was. Usually people know their Thanksgiving plans well ahead of time.

Cheryl said Kelsey said "out" in her brief 11/22 convo, but then Kelsey mentioned casserole to Patrick in the TM; would Kelsey mention casserole to Patrick if the plan was to go "out?"

Usually cooks know who's coming to dinner ahead of time. So was Sheila EXPECTING all three of them? Sheila was apparently expecting Patrick maybe the baby. I don't think Sheila was expecting Kelsey or there would've been SOME mention maybe from the Bro that they were surprised Kelsey didn't come.

Stuff we'll most likely never know if we're depending on Sheila or Sean to testify honestly. If Sheila WAS expecting Kelsey (which, since Patrick was poisoning the well to everyone else about Kelsey, I'm assuming he was poisoning the Ranch well as well and there would be no Kelsey invited), I would think it would follow that she wondered where she was. If Sheila wasn't expecting Kelsey, I find it odd that Kelsey would be planning casserole and mentioned dip as a backup.

If I were an investigator on this case, I would've lost it a long time ago, LOL. Bless the investigators, for sure.
Didn't the DA want to question SF at this past hearing and one of the questions he wanted to get her answer on record was something about who was the unexpected guest at Thanksgiving? Of course she wasn't forced to testify at this point, but I can just about guarantee she'll be called come trial time. Her and her son SF2.

I believe he told his family he and KB had broken up, I don't know this for a fact but because they weren't surprised she wasn't there at dinner, they weren't concerned when she went missing, and they went so far as to say publicly that KB was a problem makes me believe the stories he had told the Clines were the same stories he had told his family.
I also believe he told KB they would be going to his mother's for dinner, and I think it was a last minute invite from PF since KB had to go out at noon time to get things to make sweet potato casserole and flowers for his mom. My guess is that there had been tension between she and his mom and she was trying to smooth that tension. The reason I think it was last minute is that KB doesn't appear to be one of those types that isn't prepared. That she was at safeway just a couple of hours before a dinner, without makeup and her hair done properly would lead me to believe the invite was sprung last minute.
Then I think he knew, or found out in his conversations with CB, that KB had told people he and KB were getting together for dinner so he made up the story about going to Cracker Barrel together. PF was trying to cover for an inconsistency.

In addition I also believe there may have been some deleted texts by PF in the interaction with KB via PF regarding thanksgiving plans, Its a rather choppy exchange in the Arrest Warrant.....MOO

I am pretty sure thats what they said in the Dateline interview!
That's what Cline said PF had told him. Cline says that PF told him KB had disappeared before and after some time reappeared at a rehab facility. PF told him KB was an alcoholic. A few months later PF was at Clines again and Cline asked how things were going and PF told him KB had again been in a rehab ctr and had lost her job. According to what Cline had been told, KB had been in rehab twice.
What we know to be true is that at some point during the relationship KB went to a counseling ctr because she was feeling depressed. She was found to be suffering from severe depression brought on by exhaustion, and she never had an alcohol problem, was never in treatment for an alcohol problem, never abandoned her child and never lost her job.

That's what Cline said PF had told him. Cline says that PF told him KB had disappeared before and after some time reappeared at a rehab facility. PF told him KB was an alcoholic. A few months later PF was at Clines again and Cline asked how things were going and PF told him KB had again been in a rehab ctr and had lost her job. According to what Cline had been told, KB had been in rehab twice.
What we know to be true is that at some point during the relationship KB went to a counseling ctr because she was feeling depressed. She was found to be suffering from severe depression brought on by exhaustion, and she never had an alcohol problem, was never in treatment for an alcohol problem, never abandoned her child and never lost her job.
I was disappointed that CC was allowed to sit there and basically parrot what PF told him without any real rebuttal from the interviewer.

The issue with PF that's different from what we've seen with CW and others like him, is that PF will never ever ever ever admit anything. This is the kind of guy that you could catch in bed with another woman and he would deny he was having an affair and make you wonder if you're crazy.
That's hard to understand because we all are normal. If we do something wrong, or hurt someone we feel empathy for them and we want to make it right. He doesn't. For him, relationships are only fun when he's hurting someone, making them twist emotionally. We enjoy making people smile, feel good about themselves, it makes us feel warm inside when we help someone, PF doesn't. The nicer KB became, the more he hated her. The more she tried to help, the kinder she was to him, the more she tried to understand him at the expense of her own needs, the more he despised her and the crueler he became. He didn't just want to kill her, he wanted to ruin her, which is why he told the horrid stories about her. He's enjoying hearing people say those nasty things about KB over and over, it makes him happy. And even though KK will tell everyone what happened, he will always deny it because he knows, deep down inside, there are people who will always question the truth if he denies it.

You mean the part where evil genius PF was texting as himself and KB?

He did that as well, But I'm more referring to actual text that were between PF and KB before she actually went missing. I think its possible and probably even likely that he deleted some of the conversation between he and KB regarding their plans for thanksgiving. I believe he likely did this after he was in possession of KB phone.....just my opinion

In reference to the casserole, iirc it was sweet potato. Iirc Kelsey made a comment to pf? About pecans for casserole.

That dish to me would be a dish I would make to take to a thanksgiving dinner as a side dish. With pf & brother having a strained relationship I could see him not knowing, but with Kelsey making a “side” dish makes me think she was thinking she was going to sf’s for dinner. After saying this I now believe this shopping trip Kelsey went on was to get her out of the condo.

And IIRC, alcohol treatment was ruled out definitively by the depression treatment facility itself
Yes, I don't think that guy has paid any attention to the evidence.
He apparently only met Kelsey once, and remarked that she was a "good girl," implying that it wasn't really the place you would see someone like that. It was some kind of donkey event. I can't remember what exactly, but it gave me the impression that he thought KB was not the type for PF, or that she somehow didn't fit in. I think it was more of an insult disguised as a compliment. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
appt