CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll be very interested to see the texts that were received from Kelsey’s phone, to see how convincing this cover story (re: “I’ll be away” or whatever was said in those messages) was and why her workplace went along with it. I’ll bet they change some procedures after this... Also curious why LE didn’t move harder and faster on this when she was reported missing, but perhaps the increased resources and expertise of the CBI and FBI have given them necessary leads they were lacking. This situation certainly has many more questions than answers... I suspect it will feel that way - for us - for a while. I hope I’m wrong, of course, and she is reunited with her baby and her family soon.

I would guess that was in answer to who retains custody of a child when a parent goes missing.

No, they were discussing the exchange of the child from one parent to the other and why that happened that day, hence the talk of possible separation. I have not had a chance to read enough on this case or the threads here to glean all the facts, aside from a couple MSM stories.

I live in a tiny town that only has 6 restaurants to begin with and even we have at least 2 that are open on the major holidays. In the bigger city down the road you can pick from whatever you want. Some years we go out to eat instead of cooking. In addition to the restaurants being open, lots of big hotels host large buffets on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. It's never been difficult finding a place that's open to eat. Likewise, our family's tradition is to go to the cinema on Christmas Day. It's always packed.

Interesting. Evidently I live in a restaurant black hole. At least for the holidays.

O/T: I'm glad to see you around. I hope you're ok. How's the valve?

A quiet day alone from her baby on thanksgiving? I take it you dont have children.
I do have children. And yes, please. Gladly. If someone wants them for a day, take them.

A lot of this is based on KB being primary custodian. She may not have been. She may not be the "ideal" parent everyone is wanting her to be. I've met plenty of mothers who are unconcerned as all get out about their children, the less time with them, the better.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the hoof beats are coming from horses. But there may be a zebra or two in that pack.

We are closer to the Denver area than the Springs, but we usually eat out or do take out on Thanksgiving and other holidays. Chinese restaurants are almost always open as well as anything in a hotel. This year we went with delivery from an Indian Restaurant, but there were plenty of options.

In addition to the Springs, someone from Woodland Park could have also driven to Cripple Creek or Pueblo for a Thanksgiving meal. When it’s a nice day, going on a nice drive can be part of the fun.

jmo
Awe... the beauty of Colorado: while a university student, we could bbq on Thanksgiving day - enjoying 75F, and 3 days later be on the slopes with fresh powder. 300 days of sunshine is not a myth. Nobody has the right to deny KB of this beauty, ever.

Interesting. Evidently I live in a restaurant black hole. At least for the holidays.

O/T: I'm glad to see you around. I hope you're ok. How's the valve?

Hopefully going home on Sunday!Valve seems to be doing okay. Still woozy, still sleeping a lot, but with the infection controlled at least I don't feel *sick.* Anxious to get home and start feeling Christmasy. :)

Wasn't the term POI created because of the Richard Jewell debacle?

Interesting thought. I don't know. Maybe. But as to the suspect designation, there is no law that states when someone can be called a suspect by LE. A person is an"official suspect" when LE say they are.

In the old days they used to be quicker to call people suspects. It now seems protocol not to except in rare circumstances when they are certain they can get no more info from a perp and want to put pressure on them. People clam up when you call them suspects. So they don't call people suspects much anymore.

It's a strategic term.

However, it can have legal ramifications in that when LE speaks to someone they have deemed a suspect, and they haven't given that person a Miranda warning, it can make it more difficult to determine whether they were in custody during an interrogation. And if they can be considered in custody then anything they say without being given a Miranda warning would be inadmissible.

So to summarize, it's probably stupid for LE to officially call suspects "suspects", in most circumstances. They can call a person a suspect whenever they want. I'm not sure why some are upset about this.

8 minutes of not much.

I sometimes find the pressers illuminating even when they don't answer much.

I got a lot out of it. They're definitely countering the perception that PF is a cooperative and loving daddy.

I think it was a show of force too. Often they're psychological.

Hopefully going home on Sunday!Valve seems to be doing okay. Still woozy, still sleeping a lot, but with the infection controlled at least I don't feel *sick.* Anxious to get home and start feeling Christmasy. :)

Despite all the issues you have you must be super strong because you keep bouncing back!!! More power to you!! May you always bounce back quickly, friend.

I do have children. And yes, please. Gladly. If someone wants them for a day, take them.

A lot of this is based on KB being primary custodian. She may not have been. She may not be the "ideal" parent everyone is wanting her to be. I've met plenty of mothers who are unconcerned as all get out about their children, the less time with them, the better.

I mean, I'm pretty sure the hoof beats are coming from horses. But there may be a zebra or two in that pack.
Good point. But as a Mom, I sure would not want the day off on Thanksgiving or Christmas of all days! JMO

Oh, also, I was surprised to see comments by people that LE took their time and why didn't they immediately administer polygraphs and interview PF?

I don't think they wasted one moment of time and you can't force someone to answer questions or undergo a polygraph.

I'm pretty certain LE was trying to get info from PF since day one.

Oh, well I learned something new. Like sanding down hooves and horse shoes etc??
No, I know nothing about horses or farm animals really.
I'll have to Google it and learn more about it.
Thanks!
Yup. Maintaining a healthy hoof in a critter. Knowing what that animal needs is something a good farrier can do. And different jobs for a horse means they need different hoof care and shoes.

Then into maintaining cattle and their hooves. So on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes