CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, @MassGuy. It's your favorite reporter. :)

APR 4, 2019
Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case ask to seal child services report accusing missing mom of neglect | Daily Mail Online
  • The Deputy District Attorney who is trying Patrick Frazee for murder wants records generated by the Teller County Department of Human Services sealed
  • In her motion, filed last month but only released to the public this week, DDA Elizabeth Reed claims the records contain 'exculpatory information'
  • That 'exculpatory information' is believed to be the claim that Berreth was an unfit mother, which was made by both Patrick Frazee and his mother
  • Frazee's mistress revealed that the killer fiance told her that Berreth was abusive towards their daughter Kaylee and struggled with drug addiction
  • Frazee's mother is fighting for custody and has filed a request for custody of her granddaughter, who was allegedly in her playpen while Frazee killed her mom
  • The search for Berreth's body continues with no word of any remains being found at a local landfill, and Frazee set to enter his plea on Friday
'The records relate to the charged crimes in this case, and include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the defendant and witnesses in this case,' wrote DDA Elizabeth Reed in her Motion for Disclosure and Protective Order.

She then noted: 'The people believe these records contain either inculpatory or exculpatory information as it relates to the criminal allegations in this case.'

That 'exculpatory information' is believed to be the claim that Berreth was an unfit mother, which was made by both Patrick Frazee and his mother to child services.

[...]

Missed all these court action today with business meetings. Was a time scheduled for the results to be read?
First order without objection was to eject reporters from the court room. This was a custody hearing so it was closed court. I don't expect to hear anymore than what's already been tweeted and posted up-thread.

Tomorrow's hearing will be covered by media.

I think EF just wants to be recognized as back up support for SF. They are both listed as "intervenors" on the docket, which technically gives EF the right to be inside the courtroom. I also hope the first order of business is to have any visitation rights of PF denied so there will be no fear of EF trying to broker a visit between baby K and PF in jail. MOO
That's what I thought, originally. That she was intervening on behalf of her mother. Imo

Look, @MassGuy. It's your favorite reporter. :)

APR 4, 2019
Prosecutors in Kelsey Berreth case ask to seal child services report accusing missing mom of neglect | Daily Mail Online
  • The Deputy District Attorney who is trying Patrick Frazee for murder wants records generated by the Teller County Department of Human Services sealed
  • In her motion, filed last month but only released to the public this week, DDA Elizabeth Reed claims the records contain 'exculpatory information'
  • That 'exculpatory information' is believed to be the claim that Berreth was an unfit mother, which was made by both Patrick Frazee and his mother
  • Frazee's mistress revealed that the killer fiance told her that Berreth was abusive towards their daughter Kaylee and struggled with drug addiction
  • Frazee's mother is fighting for custody and has filed a request for custody of her granddaughter, who was allegedly in her playpen while Frazee killed her mom
  • The search for Berreth's body continues with no word of any remains being found at a local landfill, and Frazee set to enter his plea on Friday
'The records relate to the charged crimes in this case, and include extensive interviews documenting statements made by the defendant and witnesses in this case,' wrote DDA Elizabeth Reed in her Motion for Disclosure and Protective Order.

She then noted: 'The people believe these records contain either inculpatory or exculpatory information as it relates to the criminal allegations in this case.'

That 'exculpatory information' is believed to be the claim that Berreth was an unfit mother, which was made by both Patrick Frazee and his mother to child services.

[...]
Leaves no doubt the Frazees have been vying for baby K and CUSTODY is their motive. I don't believe KB was abusive what so ever, I do believe KB was abused by PF and his family for the year prior to her death and they still are trying to taint he after her death. KB had no history of being a liar, bad morals, or unstable. Heck yes she needed a break most likely was depressed and totally worn down by the Frazee crew. My theory is she had mentioned leaving WP and was threatened by PF "if you take baby K you will live to regret it". She did not get the opportunity to leave or live to regret it, she was beaten to death with a bat by the hands of PF, beaten with such force that her teeth were expelled by the roots from her mouth one landing in a heat vent on the floor. Beaten to a pulp and then her body burned in the front yard of PF's Mother SF . I pray for peace and understanding for the Berreth family and for all this to be over as quickly as possible allowing them to live a normal happy life while raising baby K.
Thanksgiving for the Berreth's was forever changed November 22 , 2018 by the violence PF bestowed on their only daughter.

Last edited:
I am very happy to see this ruling. I believe we will see this ruling continued through any more custody hearings, the trial and afterwards too. The Judge knows something and is ruling accordingly.

Thank you everyone for the updates.

I think the whole PF accusing KB of child abuse/neglect points towards his wanting custody as a motive for murder. He was probably still angry about the incident at the hospital after Baby K was born. He knew CPS was on him like white on rice. He wanted to put her through that, too. I have no doubt he told some of his buddies the same stories, that Baby K's hand got burned and that KB intentionally slammed Baby K's hand in the fridge door. Then again, KK may have advised him that an allegation of abuse might help him to get the child from her mother. I don't believe KB was abusive towards the baby, but accidents happen. He just took the opportunity to embellish on them. I just think there had to be another scenario before he decided that murder was the only thing that would get him what he wanted. I think he saw himself riding away with the baby in triumph, having hurt KB as much as possible but it didn't work out the way he thought it would.

Child to remain in custody of Berreth’s parents until next hearing

Short article about the little one staying with maternal grandparents

IMO the Judge will not rule on permanent custody until after the trial, so his ruling does not interfere with the trial and appeals.

I hope you are right. I have seen guesstimates of a year before any trial is over. It seems to me that the longer Baby K is in CB's custody, the less chance of a judge yanking her and handing her over to the Frazees.

I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is that if the Frazees get custody of Baby K, the Berreths will never see or hear from their granddaughter again - unless they go to court and get visitation.

I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is that if the Frazees get custody of Baby K, the Berreths will never see or hear from their granddaughter again - unless they go to court and get visitation.
I agree and, even if they were granted visitation, the Frazees would hide the location of the child to thwart any contact with CB. I distrust SF almost more than PF, she is the conniving person and PF is the enforcer. jmo

The idea that PF's sister and her partner are trying to get custody of Baby K really angers me.

SF could argue she was Baby K's sometime baby-sitter. How much time did EF ever spend with Baby K?

Looks like PF's arrogance and hate is a family trait.

I don't think PF's family will be granted custody of Baby K.

IMO, PF is a vindictive brute who will say and do anything to justify getting custody of baby K, and I wouldn't put it past him to have hurt her on purpose, then blame KB for it.

He's a crazy maker and a monster, and it gives me a small sense of satisfaction each time I read SK's tweets saying:
"Frazee is here in his typical fashion again: bulletproof vest, shackles and green-striped inmate jumpsuit."
And of course knowing he's sitting in the "Hoosegow" gnashing his teeth!

For your viewing pleasure: shackled in his striped pj's.
MOO

patrick-frazee-beat-kelsey-berreth-to-death-after-blindfolding-her-made-mistress-clean-murder-scene.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine