CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #51 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s going to be really quick. Just yourself and your phone.

You can post on here while you’re in the courtroom, I think.

Here’s the decorum order. https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/Teller/caseofinterest/2018CR330/002/Decorum Order.pdf
Thank goodness you've been trained by the Websleuth mods to maintain decorum! It should all be good.

But if he pleads guilty and a long admission a la Patterson in the Jayme Closs case is read, all bets are off!

Thank goodness you've been trained by the Websleuth mods to maintain decorum! It should all be good.

But if he pleads guilty and a long admission a la Patterson in the Jayme Closs case is read, all bets are off!
Ha! I’ll eat my hat if he says anything other than “not guilty.”

I don’t think he’s going to pull a Chris Watts, or JP.

I’d love to be surprised though.

Ha! I’ll eat my hat if he says anything other than “not guilty.”

I don’t think he’s going to pull a Chris Watts, or JP.

I’d love to be surprised though.
I agree. I can't imagine him pleading guilty, but I'm not willing to eat my hat if he does, unless it's chocolate!

Now, if he WERE planning to plead guilty, I don't understand why Ma F & Co. would persist with trying to get custody of little K. That's a huge commitment for Ma F at her age and she doesn't appear to have the health to "stay the course" for that length of time. However, I think they are all deluded enough to think he will get off. It must be the well water :)

I gotta' be honest, I ain't reading any decorum order.
Thanks to MG for linking it though, that's much appreciated!

Can any one inbox me ... what I should take w me?! I've never been to a case like this. Not sure what to expect.
Get there early. And if you are able to choose where to sit try to sit as close to the front as possible on the side opposite the defense. If you’re too far back you may have trouble hearing and if you are directly behind the defendant you can’t see the expression on their face (only any infuriating back pats and shoulder rubs defense attorneys give him to reassure and sooth him).

Thursday, April 4th:
*Disposition Hearing (re child custody) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/21/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 1st degree murder & 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder & 1st degree felony murder (for death during attempted robbery). Held without bond. *Teller County
Was a suspect as of 12/15/18. Search warrant executed 12/14/18. Search & arrest warrants are sealed. The little girl, who had been staying with her dad up until his arrest, is now in protective custody & will be reunited with Berreth’s family. 12/27/18: The court continued the temporary custody of the minor child with maternal grandparents, but the Teller County Dept. of Human Services will retain legal custody.
Court hearings from 12/21/18 to 1/3/19 - reference post #237 here: Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #39 *ARREST*
Court hearings from 1/4/19 to 2/19/19 reference post #769 here: Deceased/Not Found - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #40 *ARREST*

2/19/19 (Partial Update): Defense attorney Stiegerwald now asking the court to review the third count, felony murder tied to robbery, and suggests the judge review evidence presented today to toss that count out.
Judge finds proof evident for tampering with evidence too. He’ll be held without bond. Judge asked defense to set trial or arraignment. Defense asks for arraignment, saying the DA’s Office just emailed 3,300 pages of discovery to him. Arraignment now set for April 8 at 8:30 a.m.

Judge now addressing motions to unseal the arrest (probable cause) affidavit. DA Dan May says he has no objection to releasing any of the search or arrest warrants after talking with law enforcement. May says there were 32 search warrants in conversation with the defense. Defense still wants it sealed & would like the media to talk with the defense before requesting future motions. Judge ruled to release the arrest warrant, but deferred judgment on the entire docket. Should be released later today or tomorrow — they need time to redact. Judge Sells admits he hasn’t reviewed all search warrants, so he will not release those yet.
State now bringing up its motion for consumptive testing (first brought back on Dec. 31). Defense says it’s not ready to address that. Judge set that for a separate legal argument hearing on March 4.
Defense asks court to amend order limiting contact from Frazee to KF. They’re asking for the court to address it moving forward. Judge agrees.

3/4/19 Update: Summary of this morning's hearing: Consumptive Testing Motion is deferred until after arraignment. There are 22 search warrants with returns & 6 without returns (have not been executed). The 22 (with some redactions) will be released this week - the majority of them are Facebook, Google and Verizon records, dating back to Dec. 19. Exhibits (photos and audio) from the preliminary hearing will not be released to the public. Prosecution and defense in agreement. Judge reschedules arraignment for 8:30 a.m. at April 5. PF will enter plea & trial date will be scheduled. Child custody hearing on 4/4.
*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney (32) charged with tampering with physical evidence.
2/2/19: is scheduled to appear in a Teller County courtroom on Friday, Feb. 8 @ 8:30am. She will enter a plea deal with prosecutors (may plea for the destruction of the cell phone). She was believed to have disposed of Berreth's cell phone in the days after she was last seen alive. The probable cause statement has been sealed.
2/8/19 Update: Prosecutor says Kenney has agreed to plead guilty to one count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Judge says WHEN sentencing happens, she could get 12-18 months in prison, community corrections, or probation. Could also be 90 days in El Paso County jail. Aggravated sentence could be attached at end of trial. Kenney will testify against Frazee in exchange for her plea deal. Won't be sentenced till that prosecution is complete. She is barred from speaking with press under deal. Monday June 24th at 11 AM there will be a review hearing for Kenney. They will differ charges at that point & will set up a periodic review every 90 days or so. Prosecution wants plea papers kept from public. Judge grants motion.

This guy is the best, I’ll be honest I’m not sure I have ever seen a better local journalist who seems to shine even brighter when the lights of the world were on him. Love that guy

Word. Look how that Idaho station fell apart when trying to interview the lawyers and spread the scoop over three airings and give airtime to such garbage. So ill-informed. Such a cluster. That was a journalistic disaster. :eek:

Sam has risen to the occasion . He shines bright every day.

jmo :)

Sam reports media asked to leave custody hearing.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Thanks for posting, steeltowngirl - I'm running late this morning! (Read tweets from bottom up...) Good morning. :)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
That wasn’t even a minute into the hearing. The motion to kick out the public is out of protection for the couple’s one-year-old daughter. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
And just like that, the first motion is to kick the public out of the court. No objections. We got the boot. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Frazee is here in his typical fashion again: bulletproof vest, shackles and green-striped inmate jumpsuit. Court is in session. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Darrell Berreth just entered the courtroom. He’s Kelsey’s father for those that don’t know. Sheila Frazee, Patrick’s mother, is here too. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Alright, we’re in the courtroom. Frazee isn’t here yet. Stay tuned @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Good morning Tweeps! I’m on my way to Cripple Creek where Patrick Frazee is set to appear in court for a hearing in the custody case at 8:30 MT. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

VIDEO: Ashley Franco on Twitter
#PatrickFrazee walking into court this morning for a custody hearing. I’ll be tweeting updates as we get them @KKTV11News

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
Can we expect another update from the court on what happens in today’s custody hearing @rwmccallum? #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Accused murderer of local mom in court for custody hearing
Thurday's hearing will be about what should happen to the couple's young daughter. A judge previously granted temporary custody to Berreth's parents, but a family member of Frazee is fighting for custody of the girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay