CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #53 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point.
Both the defense and prosecution are glad to have that out of the way for now.

I have always wondered what that other strange evidence was that was talked about where the evidence could be destroyed or something by testing it. Or something along those lines. Not sure what that evidence was or what ended up with all that.

And then there was some evidence where Idaho was having to make special arrangements with Colorado about transfer or something about the evidence. That was a little bizarre as well. May or may not have been related.

I guess we just need to be patient till Friday and we will at least know if he finally pleads or not.
Yes, the consumptive DNA evidence, is the mysterious piece of evidence we are all wondering about.

yah it should be interesting, shes already said she would plead the fifth at the preliminary(Through her lawyers). It will be an interesting conundrum for her at trial, plead the fifth as to not incriminate herself or go to bat for PF. I'm not sure she can have it both ways.

It should be dramatic
"go to bat for".....interesting choice of words!

BBM:

I think part of the delay tactic employed by the defense was to see if the search was successful in locating KB's remains at the landfill. Unfortunately, it looks like they couldn't pinpoint the correct search location based on the fact that they never found any trash r/t the Frazee ranch at the landfill.

The other thing they've been waiting on, though, is for the testing of the forensic evidence to be completed. That was the stated reason for the request for the continuance at the April hearing.

We should find out Friday whether or not that evidence testing has been completed.
If it has been, hopefully there's no reason to request another continuance.

Well, aside from a desire to delay the inevitable result, i.e., a conviction, of course.

PF can go on ahead and deliver his, "Not Guilty, Your Honor," line in his most sincere, and by sincere, I mean completely spurious and unconvincing, manner.

I'm guessing it's not going to be an Oscar-worthy performance on his part.
Dude doesn't strike me as being a very convincing actor.

I mean, I already don't believe a word that's come out of of his mouth....
And he hasn't even opened it yet.
So there's that.

JMO.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record I hold out hope that Kelsey's DNA was mixed into the black plastic balls from the ranchette burn site.

I wouldn't think the DA would offer this up on Friday unless PF's lawyers want to shoot for bail because of "no body".

I think she can only hurt him, the only question is how bad.

That fire thing alone, is pretty damning, and if she says she didn’t see it, then no one is going to buy that.

Burned plastic, scorched earth, and the presence of an accelerant already lend a hell of a lot of credibility to KK’s story.

I think we’re likely to hear a lot of “I don’t recall.”
...or "I was inside watching the baby."

...or "I was inside watching the baby."
Yes. I actually would love to hear her say that.

Babies require a lot of attention. When watching a baby however, one does not become blind and lose their sense of smell.

“Mrs. Frazee, does your house have windows?”

“Can you see me right now?”

“It appears you have a nose. Does it work?

Good point.
Both the defense and prosecution are glad to have that out of the way for now.

I have always wondered what that other strange evidence was that was talked about where the evidence could be destroyed or something by testing it. Or something along those lines. Not sure what that evidence was or what ended up with all that.

And then there was some evidence where Idaho was having to make special arrangements with Colorado about transfer or something about the evidence. That was a little bizarre as well. May or may not have been related.

I guess we just need to be patient till Friday and we will at least know if he finally pleads or not.

You know who are usually the most hostile witnesses ?.......the ones with something to hide JMO

People who have done nothing wrong, have no reason to plead the fifth.

Likewise, if PF did nothing wrong, why is anyone connected to him pleading the fifth?

Boy if that's not the truth......you would have thought Ma would have been chopping at the bit to get up there and give her baby boy an alibi

unless.....agh nevermind

1. Sam Kraemer
  2. Sam Kraemer Retweeted KOAA News5

ICYMI: Cameras will not be allowed in the courtroom for Patrick Frazee’s arraignment this Friday. Remember, the hearing is rescheduled from April, where the cameras were permitted. #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer added,

KOAA News5Verified account @KOAA
    Judge: Cameras will not be allowed in court Friday for Patrick Frazee's arraignment hearing.
  3. Judge will not allow cameras at Frazee arraignment hearing

Why did the judge have a change of heart about cameras?

TIA

Why did the judge have a change of heart about cameras?

TIA

It sounds like to me that the defense made a compelling case about the high profile of the case and excessive media coverage

That coupled with the extra time for the defense to make their case on the matter and Colorado’s strict privacy laws , it doesn’t surprise me actually

Jmo

Last edited:
Judge Scott Sells said the following in his denial for expanded media coverage for the hearing:

“I have determined that any expanded media coverage of the arraignment on May 24, 2019 would interfere with the rights of the parties to a fair trial and would create adverse effects greater than those caused by traditional media coverage. No expanded media coverage of any type will be permitted.”

News5’s Sam Kraemer will attend the hearing and we will provide coverage of the hearing on koaa.com. The hearing is scheduled to happen at 8:30 a.m.

Frazee, 32, is accused of killing his fiancé, Kelsey Berreth, by beating her with a baseball bat on Thanksgiving and burning her body a few days later.

He faces eight total charges — two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder, one count of tampering with a deceased human body and two counts of a crime of violence. If Frazee pleads not guilty, the case is headed for trial.

District Attorney Dan May said previously that his office will have nine weeks to make a decision about pursuing the death penalty in the case after he enters a plea.

Judge will not allow cameras at Frazee arraignment hearing

You are early -- hearing is Friday!

My money is on KOAA News 5 and @SamKraemerTV.

And Colorado is having crazy weather -- more snow predicted for Cripple Creek tonight. :eek:
OMGoodness! I am such an idiot :) That's what happens when you're retired, or at least to me! One day just runs into the next, and sometimes you forget what day it is, ha ha!! Thanks for setting me right @Seattle1 o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67