CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #56 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked and it was KB's gun in the tote with the body, not her cell phone. Yet, KK ended up with KB's gun AND KB's cell phone.

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
Feb 19
This is all on Nov. 24. After that text, Kenney met Patrick at the Florissant Coneco Gas Station to go to the Nash property (can confirm it’s Nash). Kenney says Frazee backed the truck up to a large red barn.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #ParrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
Feb 19
Frazee, per Kenney, used a ladder to put Kelsey Berreth’s body near a big haystack. They took the tote with her gun inside.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Sam Kraemer
@SamKraemerTV

·
Feb 19
Kenney couldn’t firm if Kelsey Berreth was still in the tote. Frazee then pulled a trough & started a large fire with gasoline to burn the tote, Slater says, per Kenney.
@KOAA
#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney

Live blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Thanks for clearing that up! (at least a clear as possible) IMO

Cadaver dogs miss things all the time. His handler can go on the stand to explain this, or just as effectively, the dog itself can.

It’s pointless either way.

Dogs did hit on the hay at Nash Ranch, but I want to know what that discoloration is.

Probably blood.

You're saying the dog hit on the discoloration in the hay? Aren't dogs supposed to be more or less color blind? Just asking.

Last edited:
That may have been the case. KB seemed so independent, held a powerful job, and had great faith. She probably stood firm in her convictions. I get the feeling PF was raging because her strength made someone like him feel weak.

And at the same time, people who are involved with controlling, abusive individuals such as PF usually end up going out of their way to please...but it's never enough. I think about how KB was helping PF so late the night before she was murdered and it breaks my heart.
In his youtube videos, PF certainly came across as controlling and abusive to the herding dogs he was training and selling but that's just my dog-loving take on it. The problem I have with this case is there doesn't seem any history of heated arguments, fights, domestic abuse or violence between the two of them that would have concerned her friends or coworkers.

JMO

iirc, in the prelim, there was testimony that KK said KB's phone was in the tote with KB's body when it was at Nash Ranch. KK also claimed she never saw the body but wouldn't the tote have to be opened to retrieve the telephone?

never mind....the phone was never in the tote apparently

Last edited:
You're saying the dog hit on the discoloration in the hay? Aren't dogs supposed tome more or less color blind? Just asking.

I’m assuming cadaver dogs use their noses to find evidence.

2:51 p.m.

Slater says a cadaver dog was brought to Nash Ranch eventually. It alerted to the specific discolored hay bale when positioned both underneath and above it.

A good example of why it's good to check facts.

Big difference between a cell phone and a gun.

That, and the phone being in there made no sense in the first place.

He had fake texts and phone calls to make.

That phone was necessary to carrying out his plan, and will play a big role in his conviction.

If PF didn't love her, why would he trust her completely? And why would he ask her multiple times over a three-month period to kill the mother of his child? She did tell other people about it but she refused to contact LE.

Surely PF had some low-life pals much closer to home he trusted more.

JMO
She reportedly had been in love with him since their college days.
I think he knew she would have done anything for him, and he took advantage of that. Imo

Love and control are two different things. He would have no coercive control over his low-life pals.
PF had no coercive control over KK, who lived hundreds of miles away. While she portrayed herself as a "victim" in her interviews with Agent Slater, he was a skilled interviewer who got her to admit PF never directly asked her to kill the mother of his child and the Ambien in the Starbucks' coffee was KK's idea.

JMO

In his youtube videos, PF certainly came across as controlling and abusive to the herding dogs he was training and selling but that's just my dog-loving take on it. The problem I have with this case is there doesn't seem any history of heated arguments, fights, domestic abuse or violence between the two of them that would have concerned her friends or coworkers.

JMO

I hope the staff at the hospital where KB delivered will be able to testify to what they believed was PF's abusive behavior. I believe the trial will bring forward much more testimony that will show a pattern of abusive, controlling behavior. He's been that way with other women in his past as well. He's vile. And I have faith the jury will understand that, even if you don't. JMO

I’m assuming cadaver dogs use their noses to find evidence.

2:51 p.m.

Slater says a cadaver dog was brought to Nash Ranch eventually. It alerted to the specific discolored hay bale when positioned both underneath and above it.

Above it? Is it a flying dog? Just asking your opinion. I know what Sam tweeted. IMO

JMO
Well, we know of at least one friend who was concerned about her and felt that PF was verbally abusive towards her. Kelsey was also a private person and did not have a lot of friends so it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't share many details about her relationship.

An ex-girlfriend also said PF was abusive and intimidating. Or at least her mother did.

And then of course, we know about the incident at the hospital after the baby was born. I would say that's a pretty good indication of his tendency to be abusive.

Imo

It was KB's gun in the tote. The tote had to be opened at some point to remove the gun and KK claims she was present yet didn't see KB's body, she only saw a "lump" when the tote was in the fire.

JMO

That doesn't mean she was lying. He could have removed it at any time, without her seeing inside the tote.

She reportedly had been in love with him since their college days.
I think he knew she would have done anything for him, and he took advantage of that. Imo
Did PF go to college? Not that it matters but KK did marry and have children. I wonder how that declaration made her ex-husband and children feel.

PF chose to find another woman via an online dating site and made a baby with her. I do believe PF and KB did love one another at that point. It was quite a commitment for KB to move so far away from her parents so she could be closer to PF.

JMO

PF had no coercive control over KK, who lived hundreds of miles away. While she portrayed herself as a "victim" in her interviews with Agent Slater, he was a skilled interviewer who got her to admit PF never directly asked her to kill the mother of his child and the Ambien in the Starbucks' coffee was KK's idea.

JMO
You just said earlier that KK was obsessed with him. So of course PF could have, and did have coercive control over her. It doesn't matter how far away she lived...she could have been on the other side of the planet. He knew how she felt about him and he used it to his advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares