CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point, KB and PF were close. And honestly, we don't know what KB thinks about her family, her upbringing, her childhood. She might have shared details about her early life with PF that scared him. Whether true or false memories, this might be the reason he does not want his daughter to see his maternal GM. He might be thinking, "anything but that family".
As I have mentioned, it might have been a false memory, or a tiny episode that stuck in KB's head, and yet it might be scary for FP, and the sole reason for not allowing his daughter to see MGM.
Wow, now that's some supposing. Do you have any indication that KB's family were this much of an issue?

I thought her aunt said Thanksgiving or the day before. Do you remember where you read this? I read it too, I just don't remember where.
MOO

ETA: I found it.
“Our niece is missing ... She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.”
— Kelsey Berreth's aunt, posting on a Facebook group

Kelsey Berreth: Police Search Fiancé’s Ranch In Hunt For Missing Colorado Mom
The number of times we’ve seen this scenario.

Couple fight/break up, female tells him she’s leaving to go somewhere, yet she leaves without her car. Ugh not looking like a good outcome here.

I thought her aunt said Thanksgiving or the day before. Do you remember where you read this? I read it too, I just don't remember where.
MOO

“Our niece is missing ... She broke up with her ex on Thanksgiving, he said she dropped off the baby and was heading to Soap Lake Washington to visit.”

Good find! I definitely read it was the day before Thanksgiving so that person must have posted it wrong. I remember I was shocked when I read it because that is a big big red flag.

And the fact that its been well over a week since KB "went on her 1 week trip" why hasnt she came home yet to her daughter her job her home?? Hmm
I separated from my kid's dad when my kid was about 6 months old. It was cordial (still is 16 years later). We worked out our own custody plan prior to the divorce proceedings.

He had our kid-let every weekend and alternating holidays back then. If had text him at the end of his weekend or such: "hey, I'm gonna go ahead and be gone for an extra week before picking up kid-let" he woulda freaked out. He would have thought I was crazy. He would have likely sent a storm a texts asking if I lost my mind and probably called me a few names for leaving my kid for so long, etc.

If I THEN went radio silent on him, he'd have REALLY lost it, he'd call his mom, my mom, you name it.

You don't just sit back and accept the fact the parent to your child has gone AWOL.

MOO

I’m really getting a feel that this relationship might have ended long before Thanksgiving and maybe the only interaction they were having was sharing who watches the baby. If that’s the case a whole lot of this might make more sense.
I feel similar however, I believe it’s been said here that KB’s Mom said KB and PF broke up around Thanksgiving? We don’t know if this is confirmed.

MOO

Thanks. That's what I thought.

I think KB's mom knows whether she was planning on breaking up with PF.

If KB was living by herself and say there was a legit exchange of the baby, is it possible someone in the complex where she lives is responsible for her disappearance? Did she befriend someone there and that is why her vehicle is still at her residence and she took her purse and phone...maybe it was someone she felt comfortable with and things got weird. Obviously it would have to be someone who would know enough about her life to send those texts.

I’d like to hear a bit more from the private pilots and those affiliated within the flight industry that have posted on these threads. Obviously KB’s career interest and passion were within this industry. Could those with flight and career knowledge explain to us, the dollars, time and commitment it takes to receive KB’s credentials thus far as a flight instructor. Could they expand on employment placement and nationally how available these positions are. Also, is flight instructor “end game” for many instructors or are the majority working towards commercial flight status or potentially flying for a private party?

I’m curious, at least a couple posters feel that if PF was involved in her death that it was most likely due to an accident...is there anything specific that leads you to think that way? What kind of accident?

Also, someone (I don’t want to call anyone out specifically, and besides I’m too lazy to find the post) implied that perhaps it was an accident due to domestic violence that got out of hand. To me, that would be considered murder. For example, I wouldn’t say he hit her too hard or too many times, I’d say he beat her to death. I don’t know how the law classifies these things, but being purposely violent to someone resulting in death should result in a murder charge IMO.

So what types of accidents are you guys possibly referring to, and has there been any evidence I may have missed that caused you to believe this over intentional harm? Really the only thing that comes to mind is if he accidentally hit her with the car or backed over her. And in that case I would think that PF would call 911 like a normal person. An accident is an accident...it’s hard to believe that a guy with a brother in LE would think it would be smart to try to cover up a true accident.

JMO.

^^^^this! I don't know anymore than anyone else here, what exactly happened, but if KB's newly ex was responsible, I don't understand why so many posters are saying it must have been an accidental DV. If there was foul play and he's the player, it just as likely could have been as well planned out as the ping in Idaho, the texts, the lack of a missing persons report to LE, the lack of a statement (even through his attorney) pretending to hope she returns, the lack of attending the vigil, the lack of organizing a search, etc.......

All MOO

It’s possible that KB told her family she broke up with him on Thanksgiving because KB knew she’d have to spend time with her family. They could have possibly been broken up long before that but perhaps she felt she couldn’t hide it from them any longer.

I wish we knew when they broke up. I don’t think we will ever get a confirmed answer from PF.

Not necessarily. It could have been what they call a "false ping". I posted earlier about a case in CA where someone was on trial and the evidence they were using to place him at the crime scene was that his phone pinged in the area. The crime occurred in Palo Alto, and he made a phone call that pinged in Palo Alto at the time of the crime. However, 9 mins later he made another phone call and his phone pinged in Maui, some 3000miles away. His defense atty used that false ping to show reasonable doubt as to his location in Palo Alto during the crime. (see state of ca v bulos zumot)
whoa, how is a false ping possible?

Additionally, she's 29 not 20, and they have a child. When you plan a wedding in that kind of situation it's less of a fanfare.
It depends on the socioeconomic, educational, and cultural factors of the family and community. People get married younger in rural Arkansas than in New York. Princess Meghan Markle was 36, on her second marriage, and that wedding was beautiful.

Based on what’s KB’s Mom said, it seems like KB was focused on her career and was unhappy with PF’s finances. KB’s Mom said they had plans fall through because of PF.

Her aunt said she broke up with him the day before thanksgiving. That would be dangerous for her, a big red flag. He doesn't report her missing. Another red flag. As far as a ping in Idaho, maybe he drove her body there. How do you interrogate a guy who has lawyered up? LE will need lots of evidence.
I wonder about that. We've heard she said that, but her mother steadfastly maintains that they were a loving couple who were still engaged.

Not necessarily. It could have been what they call a "false ping". I posted earlier about a case in CA where someone was on trial and the evidence they were using to place him at the crime scene was that his phone pinged in the area. The crime occurred in Palo Alto, and he made a phone call that pinged in Palo Alto at the time of the crime. However, 9 mins later he made another phone call and his phone pinged in Maui, some 3000miles away. His defense atty used that false ping to show reasonable doubt as to his location in Palo Alto during the crime. (see state of ca v bulos zumot)
That guy may have been using one of those Dark Web online phone chats or something through a Dark Web online service provider that offered fake pings.

Because phone pings rarely have that problem in the US courts.

Jmo.

I’d like to hear a bit more from the private pilots and those affiliated within the flight industry that have posted on these threads. Obviously KB’s career interest and passion were within this industry. Could those with flight and career knowledge explain to us, the dollars, time and commitment it takes to receive KB’s credentials thus far as a flight instructor. Could they expand on employment placement and nationally how available these positions are. Also, is flight instructor “end game” for many instructors or are the majority working towards commercial flight status or potentially flying for a private party?
There was someone posting here who had a pilot's license and hopefully that poster will see this. If not, we have a verified air traffic controller who may be able to help. @doktor57, can you shed some light on this ^^^? TIA
MOO

Don't forget....LE had to have probable cause to get the search warrant. You haven't seen them searching anyone's else's property linked to this case, have you?
I realize it’s a long shot that someone else is involved but, what would constitute probable cause in this case? Is the fact that PF is the last person to see her alive all they need? And if LE has more than that, then WHY is the baby still with him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en