CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its pretty obvious now what happened, the exact details will come out. The phone pings from Idaho will be his undoing. Someone either missed the baby while he was gone or watched the baby while he was gone. He couldn't have traveled that long without being noticed by his family. Whoever that was now knows Kelsey was already missing when that event happened; the the baby wasn't with her. That person is either going to corroborate an alibi or not.
ITA - I think that is why the mother/Family/LE are saying..... Somebody out there knows more

I'd like to read on how the US Air Force and the contractor who trains their pilots (Kelsey's employer) are allegedly incompetent with their background checks. Do you have any links?

It's not hard to find out that the company she directly works for has had its fair share of scandals.

However a lot of them go back to prior ownership, and have nothing to do with this case, at all. I would say the company's past ills are well outside the scope of what we should be looking at.

I wonder if KB could have possibly had google location or FB location turned on her phone. I didn't even know I had FB location turned on mine. I just checked my history and it has where I am every second and when I'm on the move. It's quite creepy actually. I guess that would only work while the phone was on. But if turned on, you could check past history of any places visited.

Rare poster, here. But had to say: fantastic point. I had no idea that was on my phone until earlier this year - and Google could tell me where I'd been, nearly every day, for the past three years! I've kept it enabled in the event anyone needed to know where I'd been, one day (for whatever reason). Or if I were to have my phone stolen, for example.

Her mom stated that on her non-edited interview. It scares me to think that Kelsey may have gotten in PF's truck on Thanksgiving to go to a rural forest to search for a Christmas tree with an axe.

This sounds like a highly plausable theory. And if she just met him outside, he would not have known that there were cinnamon rolls left on the counter. She would've brought her purse and phone. This is a good theory Granny. IMO

You are so on point @otto (IMO). It appears the only options the police are looking at relate to PF...
@otto - you have such a great point. The LE have access to KB's phone and computer. You know they have interviewed neighbors and co-workers, who are probably being asked to not share because it's an ongoing investigation. Plus people who really adore and love her are going to do whatever LE advises. Think about it, they have all that tech YET they are still searching the ranch.

The baking was done in the am, it's what she had for breakfast according to her brother.
There might be a digital trail? Or there might not if there weren't reservations, or if they never made it to their destination.
Obviously, her brother wasn't there at breakfast time, so it would be helpful to know if Kelsey told someone they were made for breakfast (like was that the recipe she got from Mom?) of if that was just his guess/impression. If they didn't hear directly from her, theoretically, they could've been made the day after Thanksgiving even.

With a 35 acre property would it be necessary to go to a tree farm?

Welcome to WS susiQ!

It would depend on what kind/variety of tree they wanted and if it was on the property IMO. Some varieties of Christmas trees may only be available at a tree lot or on a tree farm.

wow. Just wow. She is way nicer than I would be. I am the mother of a 30 yr old daughter. If he wouldn’t take my calls I would find him personally.

I got the impression that CB is worried she might not be allowed to see the child ever again. She seems to be be choosing her words carefully and making sure to not say anything negative about PF. JMO.

If they had video footage of someone waiting in the parking lot, they'd have released that and they wouldn't have sought a search warrant for PF's property and wasted tax dollars on a search of his property and vehicles.
I will say that there is some connection between the shopping trip, the phone call to her mother and the recipe KB asked for. I'm not sure what it is, but in one of the interviews CB was asked for more detail about what the recipe was, she hesitated and then repeated that KB had called asking about a recipe and refused to go into any more detail. Since you normally shop for things for a recipe, it would stand to reason that whatever KB bought at safeway was for that recipe. But why be coy about it?
We have many examples of LE not releasing footage. Take Mollie, for example. We only heard of the footage they'd been collecting about that person and vehicle AFTER the arrest.

Yes, the road up to the green gate could easily be a private road, but probably not his private road. All the press needed to do was see whose land it was, get permission from that landowner and the press could easily return and PK could not run them off. I wonder how PK got anything UPS or Fedex with his gate locked.

If a private road isn't owned by the same entity as the one property it accesses, it would more likely be owned by an association of landowners than by a different private party. (Too many legal issues if one private party controls another private party's access to their own land. Easements and other complications required.)

Also, in an area that rural, sometimes people have boxes at their gate for deliveries if the gate is kept locked. Or even more likely, the UPS/FedEx driver knows everyone in person and just calls them to open the gate, or delivers the parcels when they see the person in town, or sometimes even just pops a package into the recipient's car when they see it parked... Unofficially, of course, but in small towns it does sometimes happen.

Technically, they wouldn’t be cutting in a national forest (unless there’s something different about laws in Colorado). Most go to tree farms where getting in and out with a tree is easy.

You can cut a tree in the National Forest if you get a permit.

With a 35 acre property would it be necessary to go to a tree farm?

The trees on his property are more likely juniper or pinyon than typical christmas tree species like pine, fir, spruce. Also christmas trees are tiny, like maybe just 10-15 years old -- you need a big area to choose from to be able to find an appropriate size tree every year.

IMO a rural cowboy type would be unlikely to go to town to a tree lot when the forest is right there. Rural folks are do-it-yourselfers. Plus it's a lot cheaper -- National Forest christmas tree permits are $10. Also, someone else mentioned an ax: super unlikely -- they would use their chainsaw.

All MOO of course, though most of what I said here I do have first-hand experience of.

Rare poster, here. But had to say: fantastic point. I had no idea that was on my phone until earlier this year - and Google could tell me where I'd been, nearly every day, for the past three years! I've kept it enabled in the event anyone needed to know where I'd been, one day (for whatever reason). Or if I were to have my phone stolen, for example.
So many people have no they are being tracked by big corporations: How to Stop Apps From Tracking Your Location

Welcome to WS, k80dixon!

I think it depends on how well she trusted him, his routine his schedule was, how her work schedule was, and (if they were broken up) how amicable the break up was.

I can imagine a man, who worked long hours, not communicate with the mother for a week so I can also imagine a woman who worked long hours, as KB was known to, not communicate for a week. I’m a woman in my 20s and people in my peer group who are working mothers get very busy. It happens.

Also, some break ups are the opposite of amicable. They may have only communicated about “pick ups and drop offs” for the child. I’ve known of some parents who’ve had divorces that only communicate to each other through a lawyer basic things about their child. I had a childhood friend whose divorced parents only communicated to each other through a third party.
Even assuming that they had a recent, bitter breakup, I would not expect zero communication between the two of them for a week or more, with him taking care of the child. You will never convince me that this is not extremely unusual. MOO.

It seems there are conflicting stories on how and where PF got baby K from Kelsey. We don't really know at this point. If I were placing bets, I would bet KB and her purse and phone went with the baby to his mom's house (the property LE searched) and something happened there OR shortly before she reached there (and perhaps only her phone traveled onto the property briefly before being turned off). The reason I suspect this is they had to have probable cause to search the property. With so many of PF's family being LE, they are not going to serve a warrant with weak probable cause. It had to be something strong placing Kelsey there around the time she went missing. Kelsey's phone pinging on the property on the afternoon of Nov 22 would be strong probable cause. JMO.
My biggest problem with what we know and don’t know should be pretty easy to answer. At some point on the 22nd - whether at Safeway, at PF’s house dropping off the baby, or even somewhere else, we should have a convergence of knowns.

We should be able to identify and place all together at one time and place: Kelsey, her phone, her purse, her baby, and her method of transportation. But by the 25th we’re exactly where we are now:

Kelsey is missing. Her phone was in Idaho. Purse unknown, likely with either Kelsey / her phone / or all three together. Baby is with PF. And we still don’t even know what her method of transportation was on the 22nd so we have no idea what that status is.

It’s not fun trying to put together a puzzle only to find that there were pieces missing that should have been in the box.

Technically, they wouldn’t be cutting in a national forest (unless there’s something different about laws in Colorado). Most go to tree farms where getting in and out with a tree is easy.

He probably was going to cut a tree on his property.

I'd like to read on how the US Air Force and the contractor who trains their pilots (Kelsey's employer) are allegedly incompetent with their background checks. Do you have any links?

I mean I could take the time to get verified, but I’m telling you that as something I personally dealt with at DoD. I also know of people at the NSA who did a lot of drugs in the past, admitted to it, and are now GS15 level with extremely high clearance. Just because you aren’t squeaky clean, doesn’t mean you are denied. They care that you don’t lie, not necessarily that you have led a perfect life.

Here’s a thought. She needed a holiday dish recipe from her mom. She took the baby and shopped for it. He picked up the baby so she could cook. A dish she would be bringing to ‘a dinner out’ which could have been at one of his relatives house. That’s “out” rather than “in”-her house or his. I think whoverver took her, it was from her house.
Good point, but not impossible still. You might take them in if they were dropping you off while you grocery shopped...and maybe they were going to fill up the gas tank or do other errands...then come back to pick you up.

Since he is clearest path to pursue based on so little info in the case, I have had a thought about a possible personality trait relative to their relationship IMO -is he controlling seeing that he trains dogs and participates in roping (rodeo)? He would certainly know how to quickly tie someone up (MOO). KF is also used to being in control, being a pilot. Just interesting dynamics. I don’t know if it means anything.
BBM
IMO no. I don't think that has anything to do with anything. Just because you know how to rope doesn't mean you're better at "tying someone up" vs someone who doesn't rope. Because he is an animal trainer does not necessarily mean he is controlling. He may be those things, but imo it has nothing to do with whether he has a controlling personality or not.

IMO he was punching way above his weight with Kelsey she’s beautiful, he knew she could do better, when she mentioned separation he just saw his dream life disappearing. I do think it’s possible that he did love her and their little girl. But I also think that he snapped at the idea of her meeting someone else, if he couldn’t have her nobody could and he wasn’t going to sit and watch her move on with her life without him in it, again all MOO.
I just hope and pray the family get answers soon, I hope I am wrong and that she is found safe and well, but it seems all too familiar. Where is their baby? Surely not still with PF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper