CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Public relations blunders aren't a sin MassGuy. :)

Facts not emotions.

Emotions are crucial in these cases. Juries look at emotion and how it is expressed (demeanor) to judge the credibility of a person and demeanor and emotion can both be important pieces of circumstantial evidence.

Human behavior is massively important to investigations - why investigators might have a hunch that needs to be followed, whether they feel a person is acting "normally" or not and if not, in determining that a person is moving from witness to POI or suspect.

The emotions CW displayed, or lack thereof, both to the media and in retrospect, in his interrogations, were key to solving that case. LE knew he was acting bizarrely, they used his emotions against him and were able to get him to crack as a result.

IMO, PF's behavior is more that of someone who is hiding something, than it is of someone who is not implicated and is an unhappy victim of circumstance. And that's based in part on emotion - what is normal human behavior in such situations. How do people act.

Regarding cellphones and airplane mode and GPS. I know for a fact, at least on Android, that when your cellphone is in airplane mode GPS will still work. I hiked the entire Ice Age Trail, one of our 11 National Scenic trails in the US such as the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Continental Divide Trail, etc. The Ice age Trail is almost 1200 miles and I did it as a through hike - not a section hike. I had my cellphone on airplane mode as there was spotty cellphone coverage and when there is no coverage, if your phone isn't in airplane mode it will eat up your battery in no time. So I put my phone in airplane mode and the map of my daily hike (usually between 20-30 miles per day) was always recorded. I forget the app I used but I can find it if anyone is interested in it. But even if your phone is in airplane mode it will give you a map at the end of the day of the part of the trail you hiked. I was using an Android phone but I believe a couple of other hikers I know used iPhones and I am sure they used the app as well. If you have any questions just ask me and I can get you the details of the app I used and even some of the screen shots.

If he had cattle to tend to, he would really need to live close to them. KB didn't want to live there with the mother (understandable). So perhaps she bought the home in WP and they were trying to save up money so they could buy their own place close to his cattle. That would seem to make perfect sense. In the article, KB's elderly neighbor said she thought PF lived with KB. So I take that to mean he was at the house a lot.

IMO and BBM I would think this meant the neighbor saw his truck there early in the morning and late at night, as in staying the night for her to think he lived there. This changes what I was thinking and the breakup must have been recently. And all the more reason he should have reported her missing when he didn't hear from her.

Last edited:
This makes me think back to the possibility of someone following her home from the store and waiting until an opportunity arose to move in on her. Mollie’s killer watched her, circled around in his car a few times, then approached

Mollie's killer did not send texts to her work.

Which brings up a point...why text? If it happened on the 22nd, then by the 25th they had enough time. Why text? The plane school would have waited for a couple of days before they would get concerned, and the parents...they got concerned in December.

Why leave this trace?

I tested it last night

Put it in airplane mode

Wrote two texts

Turned it off

Turned it on this morning ... and the texts shot off ... I did not even enter my code
I think after the crime took place PF wrote those texts without sending. Then he put phone on airplane mode & hid the phone on a vehicle traveling to WA. Someone found the phone & turned it on to find the owner. Texts then were inadvertently sent. Not knowing what to do with the phone they wait for someone to call it. News of her disappearance is now known and they’re pretty scared to be accused of a crime and that’s why they’re not telling anyone they found it. PF wasn’t sure what would happen when the person found the phone or what they would do. So Even if the texts weren’t sent it would show they were on the phone if by chance somebody turned it in. To le it may look like Kelsey wrote them and that’s all PF needs. A phone far away from him with texts that claim to be from KB

Welcome to WS!
Reportedly, LE states the last phone ping was Gooding, ID on 11/25 around 5:13pm. It would sure be helpful to all speculating whether or not KB's phone was active, with an electronic trail marking the way to Gooding, Idaho. However, that's not the impression I get. Yes, driving through Gooding to reach Eastern Wa is possible, just don't think it's plausible. MOO

I'm betting no one impartial can confirm PF's whereabouts for about 24 hours on or about 11-22-18.

Do you mean that heading to Eastern WA is not plausible, or traveling there via Gooding is not plausible?

If you mean the second then why don't you think it is plausible? Google maps shows the recommended route from Florissant, CO to Soap Lake, WA passes right next to Gooding.
Any route is possible! My gps, programmed for shortest driving time, produced Wyoming, Montana route - not Idaho. I didn't consider the longest driving time -- if traveling alone, plausible. And I also don't think KB ever left Colorado. MOO

Last edited:
Small planes that are flying under a certain height under VFR (visual flight rules, as opposed to instrument flying) are not required to file flight plans. (If you remember the JFK Jr. plane crash, the reason it took so long for them to realize he was missing and weren't quite sure where to search was because he didn't file a flight plan.) Many small airports don't have a tower, pilots announce their intentions to take off and land on the radio and ask for any other traffic in the area to let them know where they are. You can file a flight plan if you want, but you don't have to.

To File Or Not To File - AOPA
Thank you. That being said, could someone have had help concealing take off & landing? I apologize if these are dumb questions. I'm trying to understand without a doubt that someone could not have taken off from Pueblo, landed in Idaho.. rinse & repeat without being known.

Here’s the thing.

If PF is completely innocent here, and there is no nefarious explanation as to what happened to Kelsey, then he committed one of the worst public relations blunders that anyone in his position has ever committed.

Fine, he didn’t report her missing, all he has to do is explain why.

Fine, he doesn’t feel comfortable making a public plea for her safe return, get someone else to do it for you.

Is it that hard to make a Facebook post, send a Tweet, or distribute fliers for the missing mother of your child?

Those were the two biggest sins on his part.

That’s not normal, and it opens yourself up to tremendous suspicion.

Disaster!

All I know is that if I’m ever suspected of a crime, I’m not hiring a lawyer. I’m hiring MassGuy... because somehow he is always able to communicate EXACTLY what I’m thinking in the most succinct and clearly stated manner!

Am wondering if PF takes care of his mom, i.e can’t just up and move without someone else moving in? If so, that could make it difficult for them to figure out how to get married, live together etc. but if she moved to CO to be near him, I think it is safe to say she felt it was a solid relationship with a future.

This is just me, but in my mind, “old fashioned” ,as he is described in the new article, often equals conservative, with fixed ideas of things...especially male-female roles. Again...just my opinion and experience.

Mollie's killer did not send texts to her work.

Which brings up a point...why text? If it happened on the 22nd, then by the 25th they had enough time. Why text? The plane school would have waited for a couple of days before they would get concerned, and the parents...they got concerned in December.

Why leave this trace?
To make a story seem plausible. A call would need her voice, a text could be done at any time and it's evidence. If PF was the only one to receive a text, that looks fishy, but send one to work as well? Now you've got two places and you don't have to worry that you'd have to have a long chat like you would if you texted her mom.

Do you mean that heading to Eastern WA is not plausible, or traveling there via Gooding is not plausible?

If you mean the second then why don't you think it is plausible? Google maps shows the recommended route from Florissant, CO to Soap Lake, WA passes right next to Gooding.

Not right next to. You would have to exit I-84 and drive about 12 miles to get to Gooding.

IMO and BBM I would think this meant the neighbor saw his truck there early in the morning and late at night, as in staying the night for her to think he lived there. This changes what I was thinking and the breakup must have been recently.
SABBM

Agreed. Their relationship may have been waning for some time... but KB may have given him an ultimatum, the exact day she disappeared ?

Has it been said that she broke up with him? If he did the breaking up, the incentive to get the child would be the same, so it is not a given to me that she “dumped” him. Unless she said she did to her aunt...which happened when & how? Her telling her aunt, I mean, but no one else? Do we know?

Ummmm, apologies to those who read my comment that said ‘pussy’ vs ‘pissy’. Not the first time autocorrect has done that!! Hope it provided a brief cackle.
OMG..…………..SPEW! Between the p*ssy and the damn cinnamon rolls, I'm close to tears here.

We all need a good laugh sometimes when immersed in such heartfelt, intense things, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand