CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand. I don't know much about cell towers. I did look at cell phone maps and it seems that from any point on I-84 there would be other towers that would be closer. Don't cells ping off the closest towers? I even filtered for providers. But, I could be wrong.

Cell phones in clear country can easily communicate with towers 25 to 45 miles away. The Verizon tower located at 42.909722 -114.745278 is located on top of Gooding Butte but IMHO could be pinged from I-84.

I never took the report of a ping in Gooding to mean she was necessarily within Gooding city limits, only that the ping hit a "Gooding" cell tower.

Oh I'm sorry. I didn't realize there were search parties out searching for Kelsey.
Who said there were search parties?

Searching for someone doesn’t necessarily include a ground search.

It includes cell phone data, surveillance footage, witnesses statements, flight records, etc.

Those are far more productive measures where she could be in a several state radius.

Who said there were search parties?

Searching for someone doesn’t necessarily include a ground search.

It includes cell phone data, surveillance footage, witnesses statements, flight records, etc.

Those are far more productive measures where she could be in a several state radius.
But since she went missing with only her purse isn't is possible she went for a walk and was never seen again?
So wouldn't there be some kind of searches going on in her area?
There are always people out searching for missing persons.

To me it says they are focused on only PF and nobody else.
I have always believed there is a lot more to this story.
This is a narrative that is based on pure speculation.

It’s fine to be critical of law enforcement if you have something to back it up.

Just because the investigation isn’t going in a direction that you want it to go, doesn’t mean it is headed in the wrong direction.

Yes and the Innocence Project.
My concern is that they have stopped their investigation with only PF. Why?

This is surely different than all the other missing women cases. Why aren't they searching for HER instead of chasing only HIM?

His attorney has given them everything and his property has been searched for two days. His truck taken.

Isn't it time to move on and look for Kelsey?
They follow the evidence. The evidence has lead them to PF. They're not just going to ignore that and go off into some other direction because people don't like it, lol.
MOO

Thanks for clarifying. Looking at the cell tower maps, it still seems like if you were on the interstate it would ping off other "non-Gooding" towers. But I admit I don't know much about it. Maybe the key is that they said "near" Gooding.

Yes cell towers cover large areas, otherwise they would have be way more than there already are. Gooding to I84 would not have more than one tower per carrier (and likely all carriers are sharing a tower or two) JMO (but based on previously working at a large cell provider corporate office )

They follow the evidence. The evidence has lead them to PF. They're not just going to ignore that and go off into some other direction because people don't like it, lol.
MOO
What evidence? That he is the baby daddy. That he had contact with her that day when he got the baby girl. That he didn't report her missing. Heck her own family didn't report her missing. Even her job left it at she was not coming into work.
That's surely not enough to eliminate everybody else in Kelsey's life.

If PF intentionally left his phone at home and/or turned off, LE will be able to see from the call records that there was a period of time when all of the calls went to voicemail. And if it is unusual for him to not pick up calls for, let's say, more than 24 hours, then they can begin to develop a theory around that timeline.
....unless he had a helper at his ranch

Searching the local area on foot probably does not make much sense, depending upon what they learned. We don’t know what the texts said or where they were sent from. Chances are they were not sent from her town. So why would they search the woods around there, rather than any other place? It would likely be a waste of resources. Jmo

But since she went missing with only her purse isn't is possible she went for a walk and was never seen again?
So wouldn't there be some kind of searches going on in her area?
There are always people out searching for missing persons.
Not if her phone pinged in Idaho.

Not if they believe she sent those two text messages from some far away place.

Or if someone else had her phone...

Which means her body could be anywhere.

I have worked in schools and have requested LE do a welfare check on students. At least where I live the police don’t just do a welfare check and say ‘ no one home, oh well’ . They keep checking and keep communicating with family (or school . Work etc) the results. We often had students that it took two -three solid days to track them down (so about 6 visits by the officers patrolling their neighborhood )

I can’t imagine that CB would request 11/25 welfare check and then not follow up with filing a missing person report until 12/2 JMO ....

ETA: I also have had a friend get a welfare check from her work (she was ill and lives alone ) it took two visits for them to get her attention to get her to come to the door , so at least here (in another state) welfare checks continue until the police determine person is ok (whether adult or minor)

The innuendo being directed at CB is unfair. A welfare check for an adult consists of LE knocking on the door. No response and no sign of foul play will be reported back to the family. If LE contacted PF and learned KB left the baby with him and was on her way to visit family there would be nothing more LE or CB could do at that point because the baby was safe and KB was an adult.

I'm not about to heap blame on CB for filing the missing person report on Dec. 2. We have no clue what transpired between Nov. 25 and Dec. 2. but LE obviously have a good idea. JMO

What evidence? That he is the baby daddy. That he had contact with her that day when he got the baby girl. That he didn't report her missing. Heck her own family didn't report her missing. Even her job left it at she was not coming into work.
That's surely not enough to eliminate everybody else in Kelsey's life.
We don't know what evidence they have but it seems that it was enough for a judge to approve a search warrant of his property.

PF comes from a LE family. So do I....... LE laughs amongst themselves at "suspected people" who "talk " to them..... PF has gave them his phone and DNA and is doing the right thing to protect himself, innocent or guilty, by not talking to anyone....MOO
OK. So he shouldn't "talk" to them. Does that also mean that he can't show any compassion for her family who is desperate to find her?? He obviously has NO empathy for what they are going through. It's pathetic. He couldn't even initiate some visitation for CB? Anything that shows he actually loved Kelsey, if not now, perhaps once? They haven't in any way implicated him. He's making himself look guilty. As another poster noted, it is a self inflicted wound.

Just to clarify with our experts @gitana1 @PrairieWind or other attorneys. Going waaaaaayyyy back to my civics class!

No one can be forced to answer anything asked by LE, right? A person can be arrested and legally moved to a jail but they have the right to never say anything other than “I want my lawyer”. That goes for the entire investigation, trial and afterward forever.

That's right.

OK. So he shouldn't "talk" to them. Does that also mean that he can't show any compassion for her family who is desperate to find her?? He obviously has NO empathy for what they are going through. It's pathetic. He couldn't even initiate some visitation for CB? Anything that shows he actually loved Kelsey, if not now, perhaps once? They haven't in any way implicated him. He's making himself look guilty. As another poster noted, it is a self inflicted wound.
Exactly. In the Chris Watts case, I said that even if we were to believe his story, he’s still a terrible person.

The picture ain’t much prettier here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members