CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me wonder about the possibility that PF took KB and baby to Idaho...either under duress or with a story..."Hey, let's go surprise your family with our engagement!" and has her text...or he does...and disappears her at some point...then drives back. Could it even have been in one of her cars? Do we know if her cars were both there the entire time? Lots of holes though.

I like how you laid this out. Each theory does have its pieces that make it appear likely, as well as some factors that are difficult to explain.

I would add it's possible that the trip with PF or another perp STARTED voluntarily (in their vehicle)...and that KB sent the texts from her phone, but then came to be held hostage or harmed after sending.

Less likely, but still possible, she could've been in one of those exceptional accidents where they find her car off a cliff or in a river from driving in bad conditions or falling asleep at the will. I doubt this, but that's what happened with Toni A. and I didn't see that coming.

True, but the probable cause standard that needs to be met to obtain a search warrant is far more lenient than what they would need to arrest someone. MOO.

I don't know. Seems like a thin line kind of. For the search warrant it's probable cause that evidence of a crime will be found. For an arrest warrant it's that a specific person committed a specific crime.

Just reviewed the video timeline located at the beginning of this thread. It was provided my a moderator, but was put together by channel 9 (I’m guessing a local channel). The only activity related to KB on November 25th was a text message from her cell phone to her employer Doss Aviation stating she would not be in to work the following week and then the pinging of her phone in Gooding, Idaho also occurred on the 25th.

I just read something from another member that shoots a hole in one of my theories.

Do we know whether PF and CB had a telephone conversation on 11/25?

If CB was able to call PF and talk with him then that means it isn't possible that his phone was sitting powered off or unattended in Colorado while he traveled to Idaho to "create a ping". Put differently if CB was able to call PF then it creates an alibi for PF that he was located wherever the call records say he was at the time the call was made.
True, but only if there wasn't someone helping him. It is a possibility someone else took the phone to Idaho.

Wow.
So this does show there was a check on the 25th, then KB's mom officially reported her missing on the 2nd of Dec.
Hmmmm. So I wonder what CB was told to stave her off. So to speak.
Thankful the CBI,and FBI are involved.
I think what CB was told is the key to this case and why we're not being told the details.

We had a Border Collie/Heeler cross that wrangled the bullfrogs in our pond when we quit the sheep business. He created his own job and decimated our bullfrog population.

:)
Thanks everyone for the occasional giggle as we need that from time to time in these hard emotional cases.

I used to own a Brittany Spaniel that had the best nose. He was a great bird hunting dog but mainly he was a great house pet for us. When he was born and about 9 weeks old he locked on and pointed butterflies in the yard. Right then I knew we had a great dog with built in genes and hunting traits that probably went back many generations.

Yes and the Innocence Project.
My concern is that they have stopped their investigation with only PF. Why?

This is surely different than all the other missing women cases. Why aren't they searching for HER instead of chasing only HIM?

His attorney has given them everything and his property has been searched for two days. His truck taken.

Isn't it time to move on and look for Kelsey?

And you actually think they are NOT looking for her? Honestly.

Let me ask you a question---a hypothetical.

Let's say for a minute that PF knew that not all of the things CB was saying about KB were true. Just pick a thing or two that CB said about KB--I don't care which. Say PF knew that CB had embellished the closeness of her relationship with KB, or that CB had falsely implied that KB had not acted erratically in the past, or just whatever. Again, this is just a hypothetical.

How would PF go about correcting any misimpressions without looking like the bad guy?

By acting like he cares about the mother of his child? I wont even say act like he loves her, just that he cares his childs mother is ok.

I understand. I don't know much about cell towers. I did look at cell phone maps and it seems that from any point on I-84 there would be other towers that would be closer. Don't cells ping off the closest towers? I even filtered for providers. But, I could be wrong.

Thanks for clarifying. Looking at the cell tower maps, it still seems like if you were on the interstate it would ping off other "non-Gooding" towers. But I admit I don't know much about it. Maybe the key is that they said "near" Gooding.

I think the best I can say, without being a cell phone network engineer, is that is it plausible the texts were sent via a "Gooding" tower without the phone leavin I-84. I've learned a few things in trying to research this:
  • The phone doesn't always contact the closest tower. It could be the strongest tower (not always closest) or the least congested tower.
  • There is no publicly available database of all cellphone antennas. Only certain antennas are required to be registered with the FCC. Different online searches return inconsistent results.
  • I don't know what provider KB's phone used.
  • Even if I knew what provider KB's phone used, I wouldn't know if it was roaming on another provider's antenna when in pinged.
  • In addition to the tower I posted earlier, I found another pair of towers nearby that also report as being in Gooding.
So I guess the exact claim I am making is that:
  • I find it plausible that a phone traveling West on I-84 could have pinged on a tower said to be in "Gooding" without having to make a detour from I-84.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member