CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Rights are not mandates! And your attorney works for you, not the other way around. You would be foolish not to listen to what your attorney has to say. But then you should carefully weigh your priorities. Should you put yourself first in this situation? Or the safety of the mother of your child?

True. And I know people who had minor run- ins with the police when younger, and would not speak to LE, ever. Their choice.

But when a young woman, the mother of your child, is missing, and you may have some answers to finding her, and you are executing your constitutional rights, it is legal, but not moral. Because the family is looking, and the volunteers are looking, and the police is looking, and you are flexing your "muscles". And your child, I bet, is missing her mother.

Yes and the Innocence Project.
My concern is that they have stopped their investigation with only PF. Why?

This is surely different than all the other missing women cases. Why aren't they searching for HER instead of chasing only HIM?

His attorney has given them everything and his property has been searched for two days. His truck taken.

Isn't it time to move on and look for Kelsey?

What evidence is there that law enforcement is not pursuing other leads??

I didn’t say I would never call, I said if he told me he’d be gone a week (or two) I wouldn’t report him missing. If he tells me he needs me to take cars of our child during his custody time, I take him at his word.

Imagine it this way....suppose on 11/26 PF reports KB missing so
police ask ‘what was your last communication with her’
PF says ‘on 11/25 she texted me and said she’d be back in a week’
police reply “let us know if you don’t hear from her by 12/3 (scenario and convo made up for illustration) ‘

In reality , if innocent, PF was expecting KB back on 12/2, her mom (next of kin, which PF is not) reported her missing on 12/2. Should PF have also reported her missing too even though he knew mom had?

You don’t report an adult missing who tells you they are going to be gone until X date . JMO
Apparently this never happened, as the investigation is now focused on him.

This would look far less suspicious if he had a reason for not reporting her missing.

Clearly this is not the case.

LE performed a "community caretakers search" on Dec. 2. That means they entered the home without the owner's permission and without a search warrant. Far different than a welfare check, which is just a knock on the front door.

I'm confident the professional reporters covering this case know the difference in the LE terms and used them appropriately. JMO
Yeah, but they were LE terms, and LE stated them differently.

Typically a septic tank is pumped--it's a process that takes a while and it's nasty!(We have a septic system currently) The odors emitted would make anyone nauseous at the very least. I don't think they would dig INTO the tank unless they were trying to remove the entire thing. And I think that would have been noticed by all the media there that day.
https://www.hunker.com/13417397/how-to-remove-a-septic-tank

It's been nearly a month. There were no search parties using volunteers for Mollie Tibbetts after the first week. She was found several miles from her community and LE was led to the location by the accused. JMO
Doesn't look like this one is going to break as easily as he did or as easily as CW did. Time. The is the factor. Time to think and perfect. The CW case might have been like this one if he had 10 days to perfect and double check.

News release with the time line on the police site says nothing about a welfare check on the 25th, only the cell phone location in ID. I can't imagine they would leave that out of it. I think there was just some confusion about that date in the very beginning so unless the PD says otherwise, I don't believe there was ever a welfare check on the 25th.

A welfare check is a knock on the front door. That's it. No entry. No reason to include it in LE's timeline. The media reported it.

The LE investigation began on Dec. 2 when the missing person report was filed and they launched a search that included LE entering KB's home without a search warrant.

I'm confident her family has their own timeline and it is documented with phone records. JMO

What evidence is there that law enforcement is not pursuing other leads??
Well when they have enough manpower to send five cars to enter his property a second time and how many went to Waste Management?
Seems they could make better use of their time then sending a whole squad for routine matters. MOO

Doesn't look like this one is going to break as easily as he did or as easily as CW did. Time. The is the factor. Time to think and perfect. The CW case might have been like this one if he had 10 days to perfect and double check.
Mistakes were likely made though, even with the benefit of all that time.

But yeah, this doesn’t seem like the type of case that will have a quick resolution.

So, both posters here that have commented that they didn’t get a smart phone recently, have also both said they are not good at technology. If you use that as the basis of speculation, PF likely didn’t manipulate that ping or the phone. If he did this, it was either a false ping (by fault of a glitch) or he was physically in Idaho.
He might be good at Googling. Doesn't take a lot of techy knowledge.

Still catching up from yesterday...

I am irritated that more than a couple of posters are so quick to defend PF. Why isn’t he helping look for his baby’s mother? Sure he is a suspect. And if you all think he is innocent, doesn’t he owe it to Kelsey to look for her? This is a website that supports the victim and right now, PF IS NOT A VICTIM.

Apparently this never happened, as the investigation is now focused on him.

This would look far less suspicious if he had a reason for not reporting her missing.

Clearly this is not the case.
What if he didn't report her missing because this was her MO. What if they were not friendly to each other.
What if he and his mother were the caretakers and went about their business doing their jobs.
What if Kelsey had other business she attended to and with flying was gone for long periods of time.
What if?

Thanks. Then calls for searches in the town of Gooding may be ways off base.

I think the best I can say, without being a cell phone network engineer, is that is it plausible the texts were sent via a "Gooding" tower without the phone leavin I-84. I've learned a few things in trying to research this:
  • The phone doesn't always contact the closest tower. It could be the strongest tower (not always closest) or the least congested tower.
  • There is no publicly available database of all cellphone antennas. Only certain antennas are required to be registered with the FCC. Different online searches return inconsistent results.
  • I don't know what provider KB's phone used.
  • Even if I knew what provider KB's phone used, I wouldn't know if it was roaming on another provider's antenna when in pinged.
  • In addition to the tower I posted earlier, I found another pair of towers nearby that also report as being in Gooding.
So I guess the exact claim I am making is that:
  • I find it plausible that a phone traveling West on I-84 could have pinged on a tower said to be in "Gooding" without having to make a detour from I-84.

Regarding PF waste management visit.

When you live in a rural area , you often don’t have curb side waste pick up. You have to drive all of your garbage to the dump (waste management).
Very true however you have to admit his timing is sure off! Also, from the photos of the house - they do appear to have several waste management totes for roadside collection. MOO

Regarding PF waste management visit.

When you live in a rural area , you often don’t have curb side waste pick up. You have to drive all of your garbage to the dump (waste management).

Yeah you do but you also have an area on the land where you store the waste and the urgency to remove the waste is low, unless there is something that you want to distance yourself from.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB