CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting like the rest of us for any tidbits of news on how the jury selection is going.

I did manage to figure out what notes he was writing on his tablet.

His lawyer told him to write this down as many times as he can before the trial is over with the hopes it will sink in. :)

new4-a.jpg
IMO PF was making notes on which jurors he wants or does not want. He is probably trying to get 12 farriers who live with their moms.

IMO PF was making notes on which jurors he wants or does not want. He is probably trying to get 12 farriers who live with their moms.
Haaaaaaa. Gold!

PF is also probably insisting that Steigerwald ask prospective jurors the following:
  • "Do you own a Woody from Toy Story doll?"
  • "Have you ever beaten a horse with a rasp?"
  • "Do you favor velcro sneakers over laced?"
  • "Do you binge-watch Lifetime movies on Friday and/or Saturday nights?"
  • "Do you like the strong, silent (and by silent, I mean, completely non-verbal) type?"
  • "Do you know how to use an abacus? Do you even know what an abacus is?"
The last one is a trick question...anyone who knows how to use an abacus is going to be struck by the defense.

JMO.

Last edited:
Jakob Rodgers‏ @JakobRodgers
Good afternoon, everyone. We're at a break during lunch, and so I've stepped outside the courthouse, and can offer a few updates from the #PatrickFrazee trial here in Cripple Creek. @csgazette #KelseyBerreth

11:12 AM - 28 Oct 2019

The court clerk issued 1,750 summonses to people living in Teller County for this case. About 125 were expected to appear today. And of that total, 85 appeared in court today for questioning as part of the jury selection process. #PatrickFrazee #KelseyBerreth @csgazette

11:14 AM - 28 Oct 2019

For context, that's about one out of every 14 people in Teller County, who were expected to receive summonses for this case.

11:15 AM - 28 Oct 2019

So far, slightly more than 30 people have been dismissed. It will be a long process for attorneys on both sides to whittle the overall number down to 12 jurors and 4 alternates. Jury selection is expected to continue to Friday, with opening statements slated for Friday afternoon.

11:17 AM - 28 Oct 2019

Playing Catch-Up Today.

Questions for the Group:
  • Have the reporters said anything r/t the questions both the prosecution and defense are asking prospective jurors on the stand? It would be great to know what questions they're using in their weeding-out process.
  • Has DA May used any of his 5 peremptory challenges yet?
  • Are the reporters allowed to provide non-identifying demographic information regarding prospective jurors to the public?
It goes without saying, so I'll go ahead and say it: The prosecution has to get this jury composition right.

I firmly believe this stage right here is every bit as important as the trial itself.

JMO.
No details other than the number called, dismissed, etc. :(

The trial is scheduled to last 18 days. Sells told jurors he anticipated it ending by Nov. 22, but that it could extend into the week of Thanksgiving.

Here is a look at some of the questions prosecutors and the public defenders asked potential jurors on Monday afternoon:

- What do you know about the media coverage of the trial?

- Do you have a strong opinion?

- Can you be impartial?

- Have you or someone you know gone through the justice system?

- Do you think the suspect is guilty?

- What makes you think the suspect was guilty?

- Does critical thinking make someone a good or bad juror?

- Has there been anything in particular that you’ve read about in this case that has kind of stuck with you or bothered you?

- Would you like someone like you on the jury if you were accused of something?

- Do you see the forest through the trees or the tree in the forest?

- Do you think the media always gets it right?

- Do you believe everything you’ve seen in media?

- Do you want to be on this case?

- What are your hesitations to being a juror on this case?

- Do you have a gut feeling one way or another?

Can you set aside what you’ve heard and base your decision on what you’ve heard in this courtroom?

9NEWS will have a crew in Cripple Creek for the duration of the trial. We will go live on Facebook each day with the latest updates, as well as provide written recaps of each day’s testimony.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Court begins whittling 1,750 summons down to 12 jurors, 4 alternates

Oct 28, 2019

Of the 85 potential jurors who came to court on Monday morning, 32 were dismissed by the lunch break for personal or financial restrictions. During the afternoon, the prosecution and defense individually questioned each of the remaining potential jurors, a process called void dire.

A vast majority of the potential jurors had seen some sort of news coverage of the case, be it on the local news, network shows such as 48 Hours, or on Facebook. This alone did not immediately disqualify anyone; instead, the prosecution and defense seemed more concerned about whether this coverage swayed their opinions about Frazee’s guilt, and if they could be impartial despite what they know.

Most of the 14 jurors who were dismissed after lunch Monday afternoon said they already believed that Frazee is guilty. Others openly said they didn’t want to serve on the jury. One member of the pool graduated from the same high school class as Frazee and had worked with him. He too was excused.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Court begins whittling 1,750 summons down to 12 jurors, 4 alternates

I can't wait until the opening statement and the actual trial to start. I want them to take all the time they need though for jury selection. I want it to be the very best possible.
I'm still disappointed that live tweets aren't allowed, but we'll take anything we can get. Let justice for Kelsey and her family begin.

You’re welcome!

Even though I had nothing to do with it, I don’t mind taking the credit.

Someone has to.
Lol
@MassGuy it will be good following the trial - hard to believe we are coming up to a year - you’ve always been very sure we would see justice for Kelsey despite the deal with the devil (KK)

upload_2019-10-28_18-34-54.png

DECORUM ORDER FOR

STATE OF COLORADO VS PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL

Somebody asked last thread how the court would even know if anybody transmitted/live tweeted from the prohibited Courthouse or surrounding courthouse property, and local blogger says it's no joke-- alluding to possible exterior surveillance detection....

#TrialByStreetTweet

The trial is scheduled to last 18 days. Sells told jurors he anticipated it ending by Nov. 22, but that it could extend into the week of Thanksgiving.

Here is a look at some of the questions prosecutors and the public defenders asked potential jurors on Monday afternoon:

- What do you know about the media coverage of the trial?

- Do you have a strong opinion?

- Can you be impartial?

- Have you or someone you know gone through the justice system?

- Do you think the suspect is guilty?

- What makes you think the suspect was guilty?

- Does critical thinking make someone a good or bad juror?

- Has there been anything in particular that you’ve read about in this case that has kind of stuck with you or bothered you?

- Would you like someone like you on the jury if you were accused of something?

- Do you see the forest through the trees or the tree in the forest?

- Do you think the media always gets it right?

- Do you believe everything you’ve seen in media?

- Do you want to be on this case?

- What are your hesitations to being a juror on this case?

- Do you have a gut feeling one way or another?

Can you set aside what you’ve heard and base your decision on what you’ve heard in this courtroom?

9NEWS will have a crew in Cripple Creek for the duration of the trial. We will go live on Facebook each day with the latest updates, as well as provide written recaps of each day’s testimony.

- If a baseball bat is laying on the evidence table, can we trust you not to smack Frazee in the head with it?
[If you do smack him, do you have a friend you can call to clean up?]

Lol
@MassGuy it will be good following the trial - hard to believe we are coming up to a year - you’ve always been very sure we would see justice for Kelsey despite the deal with the devil (KK)
Yup, I’m confident that he’ll be convicted, precisely because of that deal with the devil.

This will actually be the first case I’ve followed on here from start to finish (with a trial involved).

ETA: How much we’ve learned since that initial press conference, when it became clear who the perpetrator likely was. CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member