CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Keeping score: Most of the 14 jurors dismissed Monday afternoon were dismissed because they thought PF was guilty. Number of jurors dismissed because they thought PF was innocent...…. Zero The final score might be something around 70 to 0.

Keeping score: Most of the 14 jurors dismissed Monday afternoon were dismissed because they thought PF was guilty. Number of jurors dismissed because they thought PF was innocent...…. Zero The final score might be something around 70 to 0.

Seems (at this early point) that “cowboy code” isn’t playing out that well for PF.

Why murder trial in case of missing Colorado mom may not be slam-dunk case

*DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by the station do not reflect the opinions of this poster.

On account of they're clearly wrong.
I've never thought this case was a slam dunk, but rather that when DA May presents the totality of evidence, not just KK's statement, that 12 jurors would be able to say 'beyond a reasonable doubt' that PF is Guilty of 1st Degree Murder.

#JUSTICEFORKELSEY

JMO

I think the prosecution would choose jurors who are female as they could relate to the victim. This is a question not being asked for obvious reasons, but could be important for the prosecution. Another question that should be asked is education level. I would think college graduates would be selected over high school dropouts although the two sides may already have this information, or they can tell by the answers: "I seen this on TV". I have been on one jury and selected for others. I don't recall filling out any form asking for education level, I think I was just called.

It is NOT a law that the trials have to be videotaped.
The fact that local news agencies seem content to "phone it in" seems pretty indicative of a faded local interest in this case. It seems like kind of a "just look the other way and keep moving past it" attitude IMO

It may not be law, but I'm pretty sure all courtrooms are video taped in case of an uproar during court. They then have record of what happened during the hearings.

When I had to take someone to small claims, I received a disk of the hearing. I had to pay a couple of dollars for it. I wonder if you can purchase one in the Colorado courts of the complete trial when finished?

It is NOT a law that the trials have to be videotaped.
The fact that local news agencies seem content to "phone it in" seems pretty indicative of a faded local interest in this case. It seems like kind of a "just look the other way and keep moving past it" attitude IMO

Where are you seeing “faded local interest in this case?”

As far as I can tell, local interest appears to be very high, on account of the amount of affiliate and print journalists there.

Are you going by the coverage of jury selection during bad weather?

Wait til Friday, then we’ll have a decent indication.

Why murder trial in case of missing Colorado mom may not be slam-dunk case

*DISCLAIMER: The views expressed by the station do not reflect the opinions of this poster.

As evidenced by the headline.

In the interest of being fair and balanced, though, I think it's important to listen to different viewpoints, the fact that they're completely wrong, notwithstanding.

Yes! Thank you for this.

It is so hard to revisit the details, isn’t it? All I think about is Kelsey’s family.

I also want to point out the informative 48 Hours program from October 5 linked in the story from can be watched in it’s entirety or you can read the transcript below the video.

The murder of Kelsey Berreth: What does Krystal Lee know about the Colorado mom's killing?

Not a lot of new information for those that have been following the past almost 11 months, but it covers many, many bases. And does it well.

Reading the transcript, any mention of KK and MS and that whole Idaho still sound cartoonish too me. Looking forward to having that part of the case ironed out in court.

Even though it is a few weeks old, I also want to share the 48 Hours report as piece of stellar and complete journalism to offer food for thought for those that think non-mainstream media sources are important to this story. They are not. They are reckless when they try to seek attention and fame by being “first” or having some kind of scoop.

There are other standouts, but Sam Kramer from KOAA is a local reporter that is reporting this story worth of national attention. He is doing his job so well that he makes it look easy and effortless. Other local TV and newspaper reporters are doing the story justice as well, but he is a shining example of how to report a story well while under national scrutiny.

Mainstream media sources (the small station in Idaho is an exception in this case) know enough to vet a source as well as when to hang on to information and let an active case run it’s course. The reporters are not seeking their 15 minutes of fame or inserting themselves into a case.

There will always be a variety of sources available to us, but we always need to consider the source. We are not experts, but we can all do better.

Social media is a double-edged sword. Yes, it is immediate and gives the curious public and those starving for any new details a fast fix, but those sharing their viewpoints on social media do not have years of education and job experience to report on the same story as a veteran journalist.

Just remember, not all “news” sources are not created equal.

Just my opinion

/rant

Last edited:
For all that has been said about pf being stupid (and there's a pic of him in court that I thought he really did look 'learning impaired'...yeah, I'm choosing my words carefully),
he STILL came close to getting away with it.
His biggest fete was that he 'successfully' hid Kelsey's body.
But it's pretty obvious others helped him with the cleanup, burn pile, concealing what was on his myriad of phone calls on thanksgiving or he would have got caught way sooner. In the end it was a team effort. He didnt get that far by himself.
BUT the Berreth's trumped his hand when they discovered blood and made phone calls to kelsey and pf, and the police to see what was going on.

I think the prosecution would choose jurors who are female as they could relate to the victim. This is a question not being asked for obvious reasons, but could be important for the prosecution. Another question that should be asked is education level. I would think college graduates would be selected over high school dropouts although the two sides may already have this information, or they can tell by the answers: "I seen this on TV". I have been on one jury and selected for others. I don't recall filling out any form asking for education level, I think I was just called.
I'm not sure if women would be a plus for the prosecution. Some women get all warm and fuzzy with bad dudes. I'm thinking of Watts followers, etc. You know...the old, 'what did she do to set him off' theory.
Now guys? seem to also support guys. Let's hope this is all a minority...

I'm not sure if women would be a plus for the prosecution. Some women get all warm and fuzzy with bad dudes. I'm thinking of Watts followers, etc. You know...the old, 'what did she do to set him off' theory.
Now guys? seem to also support guys. Let's hope this is all a minority...
Yeah, this is more complicated than usual in trying to figure out what which gender the prosecution and defense would each prefer.

With how important KK will be to the prosecution, I think they would probably prefer men over women.

If social media is any indication, there is more vitriol being directed towards her than him, and that’s problematic for your star witness.

On the whole, that seems to be more prevalent among women than men (albeit that’s not at all scientific).

The counterpoint is that women will sympathize more closely with KB than men likely will, especially if they’ve been in a similar relationship.

So maybe it’s a wash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member