CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this is more complicated than usual in trying to figure out what which gender the prosecution and defense would each prefer.

With how important KK will be to the prosecution, I think they would probably prefer men over women.

If social media is any indication, there is more vitriol being directed towards her than him, and that’s problematic for your star witness.

On the whole, that seems to be more prevalent among women than men (albeit that’s not at all scientific).

The counterpoint is that women will sympathize more closely with KB than men likely will, especially if they’ve been in a similar relationship.

So maybe it’s a wash.
I agree. Women will definitely sympathize with KB, but in a strange sort of way they may sympathize with KK as well. When they begin to understand who PF is, and how he treated KB, they may begin to see KK as a victim also. I don't at all, but if they want to, that's fine with me. It doesn't work in his favour, at all. JMHO

I'm not sure if women would be a plus for the prosecution. Some women get all warm and fuzzy with bad dudes. I'm thinking of Watts followers, etc. You know...the old, 'what did she do to set him off' theory.
Now guys? seem to also support guys. Let's hope this is all a minority...

If I'm DA May, I definitely want a co-ed jury.

50-50 male/female ratio would be ideal.

There seems to be a certain subset of women who become totally fixated on KK and really can't seem to move past their feelings of loathing for her, despite the voluminous amount of evidence the DA has that PF is the one who brutally murdered KB.

No way am I good with an all-female jury if I'm the prosecution.

JMO.

I think the prosecution would choose jurors who are female as they could relate to the victim. This is a question not being asked for obvious reasons, but could be important for the prosecution. Another question that should be asked is education level. I would think college graduates would be selected over high school dropouts although the two sides may already have this information, or they can tell by the answers: "I seen this on TV". I have been on one jury and selected for others. I don't recall filling out any form asking for education level, I think I was just called.
In MA about twenty years ago I served as the foreperson on a jury for a trial that was being publicized in the local news. I do remember being asked about my highest level of education (Masters) (and also about relatives in law enforcement) and thinking that was why I was chosen in the number 1 seat. The courtroom I think is similar to this one, in an old historic building where acoustics were terrible. It was August and if we wanted the windows open for some heat relief then we had to deal with all the traffic noise outside. You had to raise your hand if you needed something repeated. There were many challenges to the jurors and many jurors tried very hard to get out of it. They read witness lists, people who might testify, etc and anyone who knew someone had to go up and speak to the judge. Imagine that in this case where so many people know each other.

Last edited:
Day 2 of jury selection in #KelseyBerreth case.
1750 people were summoned in Teller County, 16 needed for a trial.

Today, about 100 new potential jurors came through. A few dozen dismissed already this AM, the rest will answer questions from attorneys this afternoon
#9News

Like Denver, Teller County is getting a LOT of snow. Judge extended gratitude to the "Teller Tough" folks who braved the icy roads to get to the courthouse for jury duty today
#9News

Getting all these potential jurors through a small, very old courthouse this week isnt easy. Judge said the normal staff is 9 people + 2 judges. Court brought in help from other counties around the state to help manage those ~1750 potential jurors this week

#9News

Jennifer Meckles on Twitter

Yeah, this is more complicated than usual in trying to figure out what which gender the prosecution and defense would each prefer.

With how important KK will be to the prosecution, I think they would probably prefer men over women.

If social media is any indication, there is more vitriol being directed towards her than him, and that’s problematic for your star witness.

On the whole, that seems to be more prevalent among women than men (albeit that’s not at all scientific).

The counterpoint is that women will sympathize more closely with KB than men likely will, especially if they’ve been in a similar relationship.

So maybe it’s a wash.

I truly feel the extra vitriol towards KK is because there is no chance of her getting the legal punishment she truly deserves. But I’m ok with it if it nails PF.

And because I believe this to be true:
“There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” – Madeleine Albright (first woman to become the United States Secretary of State).

Where are you seeing “faded local interest in this case?”

As far as I can tell, local interest appears to be very high, on account of the amount of affiliate and print journalists there.

Are you going by the coverage of jury selection during bad weather?

Wait til Friday, then we’ll have a decent indication.

Here are the five local television stations, and their current news on this case:

KOAA - Sam Karaemer recaps the history of the case
Homepage
KRDO – A reprint of the Associated Press article
KRDO.com | Colorado Springs and Pueblo breaking news, weather, traffic and sports | KRDO NewsChannel 13 | Colorado news - KRDO
KKTV – A reprint of the Gazette newspaper article
Home
KXRM / Fox 21 - No report on this case
FOX21News.com
KTSC – Local PBS station does not report news coverage
Home | Rocky Mountain PBS

Perhaps Friday will bring more interest.

Here are the five local television stations, and their current news on this case:

KOAA - Sam Karaemer recaps the history of the case
Homepage
KRDO – A reprint of the Associated Press article
KRDO.com | Colorado Springs and Pueblo breaking news, weather, traffic and sports | KRDO NewsChannel 13 | Colorado news - KRDO
KKTV – A reprint of the Gazette newspaper article
Home
KXRM / Fox 21 - No report on this case
FOX21News.com
KTSC – Local PBS station does not report news coverage
Home | Rocky Mountain PBS

Perhaps Friday will bring more interest.

Because it's jury selection? During a snow storm.....And I'm sure the no live reporting is also slowing reports down.

I'm sure come Friday...Monday...whenever it may be, that changes.

What was the reason KK gave for using someone else's vehicle for the trip to clean up the mess? If I were going somewhere to clean up a murder scene, I would not use my own vehicle and make sure the license plates were very dirty. Did she have a good reason for using someone else's vehicle or was the reason suspicious?

Because it's jury selection? During a snow storm.....And I'm sure the no live reporting is also slowing reports down.

I'm sure come Friday...Monday...whenever it may be, that changes.
Yes! My goodness, these reporters have to run across from the courthouse on breaks.to just send a tweet. This is only jury selection...no earth shattering news that can't wait for a bit.

Yes! My goodness, these reporters have to run across from the courthouse on breaks.to just send a tweet. This is only jury selection...no earth shattering news that can't wait for a bit.
I haven't checked every station but I'm not seeing any lack of interest. Quite the contrary. MOO

KOAA
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
We’re taking a closer look at the case all week on @KOAA while the court works through the jury selection process. Once the trial starts, we’ll be there.

#KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
10:10 AM · Oct 28, 2019

Fox 21
Posted: Oct 28, 2019 / 08:46 AM MDT / Updated: Oct 29, 2019 / 10:52 AM MDT
Jury selection underway in Patrick Frazee trial

That's probably why there has been so little tweeting so far.
Once the trial starts, it will probably be continuous. Imo

If I'm DA May, I definitely want a co-ed jury.

50-50 male/female ratio would be ideal.

There seems to be a certain subset of women who become totally fixated on KK and really can't seem to move past their feelings of loathing for her, despite the voluminous amount of evidence the DA has that PF is the one who brutally murdered KB.

No way am I good with an all-female jury if I'm the prosecution.

JMO.
Agree !

I truly feel the extra vitriol towards KK is because there is no chance of her getting the legal punishment she truly deserves. But I’m ok with it if it nails PF.

“There is a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.” – Madeleine Albright (first woman to become the United States Secretary of State).
That quote is so true and touched me...

It is NOT a law that the trials have to be videotaped.
The fact that local news agencies seem content to "phone it in" seems pretty indicative of a faded local interest in this case. It seems like kind of a "just look the other way and keep moving past it" attitude IMO
It's not that they are content, they just don't have a choice.
I doubt very much local interest has faded. They have probably been counting the days just as much as we have, if not more.
People in the community have obviously already formed their own opinions. It's not often that they would have to participate in such a high profile and infamous case. I thought that was the main reason why the judge isn't allowing cameras or tweeting in the courtroom in the first place.

Imo

What was the reason KK gave for using someone else's vehicle for the trip to clean up the mess? If I were going somewhere to clean up a murder scene, I would not use my own vehicle and make sure the license plates were very dirty. Did she have a good reason for using someone else's vehicle or was the reason suspicious?
One of the super loooooog posts yesterday said kk's friend wanted to borrow kk's truck because she (the friend) was moving.
Hope I remembered it right.

View attachment 211915

DECORUM ORDER FOR

STATE OF COLORADO VS PATRICK FRAZEE TRIAL

Somebody asked last thread how the court would even know if anybody transmitted/live tweeted from the prohibited Courthouse or surrounding courthouse property, and local blogger says it's no joke-- alluding to possible exterior surveillance detection....

#TrialByStreetTweet

I did not see anything in the Decorum Order that prohibits the use of scented candles in the Court Room. Just to freshen the air and see if the jury pool can guess the scent.

That quote is so true and touched me...
SABBM:

Agree. Having said that:

"The most select place in Hell is reserved for men who hurt women and children." - GordianKnot (who ain't ever been anybody's Secretary).

JMO.

One of the super loooooog posts yesterday said kk's friend wanted to borrow kk's truck because she (the friend) was moving.
Hope I remembered it right.

That WAS the story! We are not allowed to sleuth witnesses, but my personal opinion is that it was a double doubtful. I haven't moved in over fifty years myself, but I would think that if I did, the first order of business would be to change addresses. Also, if I was moving myself, I think I would not need to borrow a pickup truck, because I already own one. Many people in the western United States do. I'm anxious to hear that story first hand, in trial testimony, because if it was me, I would be lying. JMO

So sitting here thinking, after trial is over and PF is convicted and sentenced, do you think he will ever disclose the actual location of KB’s remains? Or do you think he will take it to the grave? Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member