CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trial is scheduled to last 18 days. Sells told jurors he anticipated it ending by Nov. 22, but that it could extend into the week of Thanksgiving.

Here is a look at some of the questions prosecutors and the public defenders asked potential jurors on Monday afternoon:

- What do you know about the media coverage of the trial?

- Do you have a strong opinion?

- Can you be impartial?

- Have you or someone you know gone through the justice system?

- Do you think the suspect is guilty?

- What makes you think the suspect was guilty?

- Does critical thinking make someone a good or bad juror?

- Has there been anything in particular that you’ve read about in this case that has kind of stuck with you or bothered you?

- Would you like someone like you on the jury if you were accused of something?

- Do you see the forest through the trees or the tree in the forest?

- Do you think the media always gets it right?

- Do you believe everything you’ve seen in media?

- Do you want to be on this case?

- What are your hesitations to being a juror on this case?

- Do you have a gut feeling one way or another?

Can you set aside what you’ve heard and base your decision on what you’ve heard in this courtroom?

9NEWS will have a crew in Cripple Creek for the duration of the trial. We will go live on Facebook each day with the latest updates, as well as provide written recaps of each day’s testimony.

Kelsey Berreth murder case: Court begins whittling 1,750 summons down to 12 jurors, 4 alternates
Well, they'd be excusing me in short order:

Q: Has there been anything in particular that you’ve read about in this case that has kind of stuck with you or bothered you?
Me: You mean the part where he bashed in KB's head in with a bat? Yeah, that REALLY bothered me. You?

Q: Do you have a strong opinion?

Me: Oh yeah!

Q: Do you think the suspect is guilty?
Me: Without a doubt!

Q: Do you think the media always gets it right?
Me: If you mean the Daily Mail, well, no. But the rest of them are pretty good......most of the time.

Q: Does critical thinking make someone a good or bad juror?
Me: Seriously??

Q: What are your hesitations to being a juror on this case?

Me: None, none whatsoever.

Q: Do you want to be on this case?
Me: You betcha!! :p

Yup, I’m confident that he’ll be convicted, precisely because of that deal with the devil.

This will actually be the first case I’ve followed on here from start to finish (with a trial involved).

ETA: How much we’ve learned since that initial press conference, when it became clear who the perpetrator likely was. CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018
I go back to original threads too - so many sleuthers call it early - I’m catching up on a couple (Markel and Sievers) - so many killer spouses /significant others

Yup, I’m confident that he’ll be convicted, precisely because of that deal with the devil.

This will actually be the first case I’ve followed on here from start to finish (with a trial involved).

ETA: How much we’ve learned since that initial press conference, when it became clear who the perpetrator likely was. CO - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018

I would have bet my Lifetime Sonic Discount Card this trial wouldn't happen for two years but here we are!

I'm still expecting Frazee to plead guilty to 2nd degree murder as soon as the jury gets picked or sooner, if he gets bored enough.

I doubt we're allowed to place bets here, but I think PF will have that same dumb look on his face when he's sentenced. Child abusers, wife/gf beaters, animal abusers, don't let anyone know how mad they are, if they can help it. Tantrums in his prison cell maybe quietly will partially fulfill what I think he deserves. Norman Bates and his...

Well back to Sonic for me....@lindramos mentioned seeing a kid sized drink??? So I went to watch the video again. KK got TWO bags of food...two big drinks and also some kind of smaller drink-like looking object. Not sure if it is a kid drink or ice cream or what. Maybe someone else can tell for sure. I'm really hoping she didn't order food for herself, PF and omg, lil K after cleaning up the little girl's mother's blood.
I hope they say what she ordered...if she got food for them like mama bear, papa bear and baby bear after cleaning up the child's mommy's blood that would be just the lowest of low...well almost the lowest...next lowest. Really low.

I doubt we're allowed to place bets here, but I think PF will have that same dumb look on his face when he's sentenced. Child abusers, wife/gf beaters, animal abusers, don't let anyone know how mad they are, if they can help it. Tantrums in his prison cell maybe quietly will partially fulfill what I think he deserves.
Yeah, I think we’ll see nothing more than his resting face, even when the 8 guilty verdicts are read.

BTW: That phrase was added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2015.

Well back to Sonic for me....@lindramos mentioned seeing a kid sized drink??? So I went to watch the video again. KK got TWO bags of food...two big drinks and also some kind of smaller drink-like looking object. Not sure if it is a kid drink or ice cream or what. Maybe someone else can tell for sure. I'm really hoping she didn't order food for herself, PF and omg, lil K after cleaning up the little girl's mother's blood.
I hope they say what she ordered...if she got food for them like mama bear, papa bear and baby bear after cleaning up the child's mommy's blood that would be just the lowest of low...well almost the lowest...next lowest. Really low.
Crazy low.

Yeah, I think we’ll see nothing more than his resting ***** face, even when the 8 guilty verdicts are read.

BTW: That phrase was added to the Oxford Dictionary in 2015.

I've been using that phrase since 1988. Big family, older brother moved in with Mom. (smile) circumstances weren't this bad in anyway. Just a family joke. We all lived.

Last edited:
Well, they'd be excusing me in short order:

Q: Has there been anything in particular that you’ve read about in this case that has kind of stuck with you or bothered you?
Me: You mean the part where he bashed in KB's head in with a bat? Yeah, that REALLY bothered me. You?

Q: Do you have a strong opinion?

Me: Oh yeah!

Q: Do you think the suspect is guilty?
Me: Without a doubt!

Q: Do you think the media always gets it right?
Me: If you mean the Daily Mail, well, no. But the rest of them are pretty good......most of the time.

Me: Seriously??

Q: What are your hesitations to being a juror on this case?

Me: None, none whatsoever.

Q: Do you want to be on this case?
Me: You betcha!! :p

But do you see a forest through the trees or a tree in the forest?

One do over:

Me: Well, let's see. Do you think if PF and KK exercised some critical thinking they'd be in this freakin' mess?

I'm done. I'm not answering any more questions :D

One do over:

Me: Well, let's see. Do you think if PF and KK exercised some critical thinking they'd be in this freakin' mess?

I'm done. I'm not answering any more questions :D
Sadly, I think they did.

In PF’s case, he tried his damned hardest. Unfortunately for him, that doesn’t mean a hell of a lot.

He tried to complicate things, and in the process left a trail of damning evidence that led right to himself.

Points for trying though!

My stomach turned when I saw that 3rd drink, Continued prayers for the Berreths ....

Tuesday, October 29th:
*Trial continues with Jury Selection (Day 2) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with Jury Selection, trial should start 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19).
10/28/19 Day 1 Jury selection: Will have 12 jurors & 4 alternates. 125 potential jurors are expected to arrive this morning, out of 1,750 total summons. And of that total, 85 appeared in court today for questioning as part of the jury selection process. Slightly more than 32 people have been dismissed for personal or financial restrictions. Most of the 14 jurors who were dismissed after lunch Monday afternoon said they already believed that Frazee is guilty. The remaining potential jurors were told to return to the courthouse Friday morning for final jury selection. Additional jurors will be questioned on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Another 125 people are expected to report each morning until the jury is seated. Most of the 14 jurors who were dismissed after lunch Monday afternoon said they already believed that Frazee is guilty. The remaining potential jurors were told to return to the courthouse Friday morning for final jury selection. Additional jurors will be questioned on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Another 125 people are expected to report each morning until the jury is seated. Jury selection is expected to continue to Friday, with opening statements slated for Friday afternoon. Jury selection continues on 10/29.

*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.
*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2.

OCT 28, 2019
https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colorado/how-kelsey-berreths-disappearance-evolved-into-a-murder-trial

Kelsey Berreth, 29, was last seen publicly on Nov. 22, after a quick trip to a grocery store in Woodland Park. The mother and pilot, though, wasn't reported missing until Dec. 2, when her mother, Cheryl, called Berreth's fiancé with questions.

[...]

The case took a turn toward the criminal realm, publicly, on Dec. 14. Law enforcement — including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, the Teller County Sheriff's Office and Woodland Park Police Department — served a search warrant on the 35-acre Frazee Ranch in Florissant.

[...]

Search warrant returns revealed they found teeth and bloody sheets among dozens of other items, though it's unknown if any of that related to Berreth.

[...]

"We are asking Patrick to sit down with investigators since he is the last person to talk with Kelsey face-to-face, based on our investigation," De Young said on Dec. 14.

[...]

He faces eight total charges — two counts of first-degree murder, three counts of solicitation to commit first-degree murder, one count of tampering with a deceased human body and two counts of a crime of violence.

[...]

"Patrick kills Kelsey in a horrific manner, with a bat in the back of the head, as Kelsey is sniffing candles with a blindfold over her eyes," said Jennifer Viehman, lead prosecutor for the case.

[...]

Berreth's body still has not been found. Jury selection for the trial began Monday, and the trial will begin after the jury is seated. It's expected to last around three weeks.

News 5's Sam Kraemer is breaking down the case all week leading up to the trial. He'll take a closer look at Kenney's role in the crime, some of the evidence and statistics on "no body murders".

Question/comment....I understand that media is not able to report except on breaks plus all the other rules the Judge put out to include no media video. But I was under the impression that all trials are now video taped by courts for their own verification and protection. I guess the smaller towns and counties do not do this? So it is not a law that the trials have to be videotaped?

If the courts, by law, had to videotape, it would have been interesting to beable to watch the proceedings after the trial.

Question/comment....I understand that media is not able to report except on breaks plus all the other rules the Judge put out to include no media video. But I was under the impression that all trials are now video taped by courts for their own verification and protection. I guess the smaller towns and counties do not do this? So it is not a law that the trials have to be videotaped?

If the courts, by law, had to videotape, it would have been interesting to beable to watch the proceedings after the trial.

It is NOT a law that the trials have to be videotaped.
The fact that local news agencies seem content to "phone it in" seems pretty indicative of a faded local interest in this case. It seems like kind of a "just look the other way and keep moving past it" attitude IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valafares