CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PF may be insisting that his attorneys throw all blame on KK as a major theme of the defense. As his attorneys they have to listen to what he wants and it appears they are in the throwing the spaghetti at the wall, hoping it sticks and spells out KK.

Last edited:
Ok, bear with me, this is my first trial on WS.

If the defense is going with KK as the killer wouldn’t they need to now put PF on the stand to help with that defense?
Nope. They just need to plant the seed. They can still make that argument without PF.

What the defense has to do now is point the finger at KK using the evidence, and find a way to sever PF from any involvement.

I sure hope the 'negative nellies' who get scared and then insist a jury will never convict get ahold of themselves throughout this case and wait till it's over. Seems to happen in almost every murder case.
Well, that's a very welcoming and kind post.

I don't do trials myself, this is my first one, but I thought everyone is allowed to express their thoughts and opinions? Only one side now can? Just be positive and shut your mouth if you have concerns?

Is the media and Twitter links going to be posted in the media thread? Maybe I'll just read those instead or find my own sources. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not surprising. They can’t reasonably claim that Kelsey is alive, and the only other option is to point the finger at the one other person who has involvement.

This was expected.

Yes. It was.

DA May fully anticipated this would be the argument made by the defense.

Don't think for one moment that he's not prepared to completely dismantle it.

Last edited:
I'll take an overly cautious worry wart and have them be wrong to the joy of themselves and everyone else,

Whatever floats your boat! If the prosecution team had doubt and worry, they'd never be able to do the job they do. Since no witness has taken the stand yet, it's really a wait 'n see.

Nope. They just need to plant the seed. They can still make that argument without PF.

What the defense has to do now is point the finger at KK using the evidence, and find a way to sever PF from any involvement.
Right.

And it's an impossible ask, frankly.

"Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping..."

"Wave to the security camera, PF."

"Okay, wave again!"

There is no severing PF from involvement. He visibly, electronically (and most likely forensically) linked himself to KB at every critical point in the timeline of her disappearance.

The defense has to try something, though.

This Hail Mary pass is all they have.

JMO.

Whatever floats your boat! If the prosecution team had doubt and worry, they'd never be able to do the job they do. Since no witness has taken the stand yet, it's really a wait 'n see.
I'm not overly concerned myself, but the worry warts have a good reason to be concerned.

So, it floats THEIR boats. A boat they have the right to ride.

Ok, last post on this. Irrelevant to the trial.

An impossible ask, frankly.

"Ping, ping, ping, ping."

"Wave to the security, PF."

"Okay, wave again!"

There is no severing PF from involvement. He visibly, electronically (and most likely forensically) linked himself to KB at every critical point in the timeline of her disappearance.

The defense has to try something, though.

This Hail Mary pass is all they have.

JMO.

I wonder if they can say he’s guilty of lesser crimes. I think they have to do that (if it’s allowed).

“He knew everyone would be looking at him, and he panicked and helped KK.”

Perhaps they have nothing else. MOO
Well, it was expected and it's the obvious defense but I thought they had a deadline if they were going to introduce an "alternate suspect" and they never did. Instead they said (or so I thought)
that they were going to claim that she was involved in "parts of the crime", as opposed to the actual murder.

Imo

I wonder if they can say he’s guilty of lesser crimes. I think they have to do that (if it’s allowed).

“He knew everyone would be looking at him, and he panicked and helped KK.”

The state will review the charges at the end in conjunction with the judge and sometimes lower level charges are added in case they think a jury might not convict on Murder 1 but would convict on Murder 2 or Manslaughter. All TBD.

NOV 1, 2019
Jury selected in Patrick Frazee trial, opening statements to begin Friday afternoon
A jury listened to opening statements Friday afternoon in the trial of Patrick Frazee, a Florissant man accused of bludgeoning his fiancée to death last year.

[...]

After the District Attorney restated the case, the defense denied Frazee had anything to do with Berreth's murder, comparing the case to a house lacking proper foundation.

"What you have not heard is the raw and unedited version," defense lawyer Ashley Porter said, addressing the jury.

"It looks good from the outside. It looks like it's all there. But when you really start hearing the evidence and hearing the facts, you are going to realize deep foundational issues with this case," Porter said.

[...]

She ain’t getting back in though. Not that I mind, I’d rather a little information early than otherwise have to wait.

I also expect to see some horse-trading going on in the coming days. (i.e., won't be surprised to see some tweets/re-tweets transmitting while the author is still in their seat inside the courtroom). You know -- the runners we talked about. ;)

Well, it was expected and it's the obvious defense but I thought they had a deadline if they were going to introduce an "alternate suspect" and they never did. Instead they said (or so I thought)
that they were going to claim that she was involved in "parts of the crime", as opposed to the actual murder.

Imo

It sure is new news to me. I dont think we ever heard the defense may outright accuse KK of the murder until that tweet came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019