CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels quite frustrating. The judge has totally locked down all information about this trial.

This is not an International Terrorist with the issues of Homeland Security here. This is a garden variety brutal killing and the citizens do have a right to hear the facts, right? What happened?
i think the judge wants to avoid any chance of PF and his public defender from claiming at the conclusion that it was an unfair trial due to ...........[fill in the blank]. most popular fill in might have been adverse media attention, allowing reporters to use electronic devices in court room, you name it. if the judge had not blocked it PF sure as heck would have used it to keep from going to prison for life. MOO

On the topic of true crime as "entertainment" I'm somewhat bewildered. I've only consistently followed two cases on WS and a few locally that were high profile. In NO way did I find any of it entertaining. Maybe some people do? Sobering maybe, very sobering, at how sick and twisted the world we live in can be, and the precious lives that have been taken. We may joke here now and then, but I am sure none of us find any of the cases we're following, entertaining.
If all goes according to plan, PF will be a convicted felon by Thanksgiving.

Last year he ate turkey while Kelsey’s battered body was stuffed in a tote.

This year he’ll be eating jailhouse slop with a spork.
THAT, truly warms my heart!

Olivia Prentzel on Twitter
Opening statements in #PatrickFrazee trial:
"It looks good from the outside. It looks like it's all there. But when you really start hearing the evidence and hearing the facts, you are going to realize deep foundational issues with this case," the defense told the jury.
3:38 PM - 1 Nov 2019
Yeah, I bet there are some "deep foundational issues."

I also expect to see some horse-trading going on in the coming days. (i.e., won't be surprised to see some tweets/re-tweets transmitting while the author is still in their seat inside the courtroom). You know -- the runners we talked about. ;)

Yep, multiple electronic devices. The courtroom person takes notes, trades device with outside person. Outside person sends tweets, keeps devices charged, trades off with inside person as needed. That'd work, right?

Jury seated in Patrick Frazee murder trial in Teller County, Colorado

Nov 1, 2019

TDP-L-CrippleCreek110119-cha-386.jpg

People in the line outside the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek for the trial of Patrick Frazee on Friday morning

Over and over, potential jurors in Patrick Frazee’s murder trial said Friday they grappled with the enormity of the decision they would be asked to make if selected for the case.
[...]

Police arrested Frazee on Dec. 21 in connection to the death of Berreth. More than a month later, prosecutors charged a woman who was romantically involved with Frazee, Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, with evidence tampering in connection to Berreth’s death.

Well, that's a very welcoming and kind post.

I don't do trials myself, this is my first one, but I thought everyone is allowed to express their thoughts and opinions? Only one side now can? Just be positive and shut your mouth if you have concerns?

Is the media and Twitter links going to be posted in the media thread? Maybe I'll just read those instead or find my own sources. I don't care for silly pissing matches.

We’ve got a live one!

Welcome to WS.

Personally I'd have no problem being on a jury, especially one where the death penalty is not an option. Jurors just need to listen to the testimony carefully, follow all the judge's instructions, keep an open mind, and deliberate with their fellow jurors when the time comes. IF the evidence is there and IF it's compelling and there isn't a reasonable counter to the evidence, then finding guilt is not a problem. Not a happy thing, but appropriate.

I sure hope this jury is able to do just that, which is all they are required to do.

Jury seated in Patrick Frazee murder trial in Teller County, Colorado

Nov 1, 2019

TDP-L-CrippleCreek110119-cha-386.jpg

People in the line outside the Teller County Courthouse in Cripple Creek for the trial of Patrick Frazee on Friday morning

Over and over, potential jurors in Patrick Frazee’s murder trial said Friday they grappled with the enormity of the decision they would be asked to make if selected for the case.
[...]

Police arrested Frazee on Dec. 21 in connection to the death of Berreth. More than a month later, prosecutors charged a woman who was romantically involved with Frazee, Krystal Jean Lee Kenney, with evidence tampering in connection to Berreth’s death.

Lots of men. Hmm.

I think this trial is going to bring out anxiety for many of us. We are going to feel incensed by certain claims made. It's perfectly normal and expected.

Anxious posts are great in a way because they always bring about brilliant responses to quickly quell those fears.

Well, that's a very welcoming and kind post.

I don't do trials myself, this is my first one, but I thought everyone is allowed to express their thoughts and opinions? Only one side now can? Just be positive and shut your mouth if you have concerns?

Is the media and Twitter links going to be posted in the media thread? Maybe I'll just read those instead or find my own sources. I don't care for silly pissing matches.
Please stay and scroll and roll or use the ignore feature.

Several of us have had concerns about the wisdom of the DA cutting such a sweet deal so early in the investigation with someone who had her own motive to murder KB. That decision could backfire badly. We'll just have to wait and see what the jury decides. Please hang in there and continue to add balance to the discussion. Thanks!

JMO

Yes. The worst (to me) is demands for all the investigative materials because LE is inept and can’t solve the case without the public getting involved and doing the job for them. Drives me batty.
Respectfully, there are enough documented after-the-fact cases of ineptitude and/or corruption that it is more than valid for the public - who LE is ultimately accountable to - to make a demand of put up or shut up. What drives ME crazy is when LE and officers of the court treat the public with disdain and shoo them away with, “Let the professionals handle this.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl