CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the defense was not going to accuse KK of killing her. I thought that was what the alternative suspect defense was all about.

The prosecution was legitimately fishing with "08/19/2019 / P-15 Proposed Order to Endorse Alternate Suspect" and the defense handled it very smoothly. Naming KK as the real killer comes as no surprise. Remember, the defense object is not to prove KK did it. The prosecution has to prove that her story is true, beyond a reasonable doubt..........and the defense has just promised the jury they will establish that it is more likely she did it. As always JMO

NOV 1, 2019
Patrick Frazee trial: A look at the timeline of events
Frazee-Timeline1.jpg

Frazee-Timeline-2.jpg

Frazee-Timeline-3.jpg

The prosecution was legitimately fishing with "08/19/2019 / P-15 Proposed Order to Endorse Alternate Suspect" and the defense handled it very smoothly. Naming KK as the real killer comes as no surprise. Remember, the defense object is not to prove KK did it. The prosecution has to prove that her story is true, beyond a reasonable doubt..........and the defense has just promised the jury they will establish that it is more likely she did it. As always JMO
BBM:

Close, but hold the cigar.

DA May is a Man on a Mission.

The prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that PF murdered KB.

KK is one of the prosecution's means of accomplishing their mission, but she's not their mission focus.

Proving PF murdered KB is DA Mays' mission.

JMO.

From the article:

[...]

Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman started strong by outlining a complicated relationship between Frazee and Kelsey Berreth, who never lived together despite having a child together and living in the same county. She claims Frazee consistently manipulated those around him by painting a picture of Berreth being a bad mom, alcoholic, and abusive to their infant daughter [Baby K].

[...]

...“All you gotta do is hit her in the head and put her in the trash can,” Viehman says, attributing to Frazee. When Kenney refused, Frazee is accused of telling her, “I guess I just care more about [Baby K] than you do, and if something happens to Kaylee, it’s on you Krystal,” per Viehman. The prosecution made a deal with Kenney to testify in the case. At some point, we expect to hear testimony about how she feared for her family's safety from Frazee.

[...]

“What they did not tell you is that Krystal did not go to police voluntarily. They had to track her down,” defense attorney Ashley Porter says. She pointed out Kenney’s lies to the FBI when she denies even knowing Berreth. Porter cites the second time the FBI meets Krystal at her home she has hired an attorney. “Before she says anything about this case, she cuts a deal, where she could spend zero days in jail,” Porter says.

Attorneys for Frazee argue he has no motive, no body has been recovered, and investigators have not recovered an alleged murder weapon. However, Kenney has admitted to bringing a full body protective suit, bleach, cleaning supplies, and borrowing her friend’s car to drive to Woodland Park to clean up the bloody scene at the townhome. Porter points out that despite the horrific scene Kenney describes, there are only tiny spots of blood found by investigators.

[...]

Prosecutor's opening statements outline Frazee's alleged attempts to solicit murder
A little news came through... Defense says only tiny drops of blood was found by the investigators.

Unfortunately, they are using the same article and just updating it so we have to go back to the original one hours and hours later. For instance this one posted above

Posted: 10:36 AM, Nov 01, 2019 Updated: 6:40 PM, Nov 01, 2019

ETA, it might be helpful to add the time that the article was posted or updated in the future? Especially when @Niner wakes up ;-)

Ughhh I bet pf is going to say we fought it was bad I thought I killed her I called kk I panicked took kB to Nash ranch when kk got here i took her there and kB was alive so kk shot her . I beat her but I didn’t kill her ughhh jmoo

I know. I want clarity on this theory/strategy/nonsense.

How the hell does that work?
My read on this, "KB was murdered somewhere other than the townhome" storyline.

Another weak and desperate ploy by the defense.

KK is never captured on the neighbor's surveillance camera.

But PF was....numerous times.
On the 22nd.
AFTER the time he told LE he last saw KB.
After which, his and KB's cell phones start traveling together for days.

The defense needs to shift the murder location, because the prosecution has put PF squarely at that location, on the date that KB was last seen, AFTER the time she was last seen, WITH KB's phone.

He's. Toast.

JMO.

Last edited:
BBM:

Here's the problem with that.

There's no way we're going to get a verbatim account of what the witnesses are saying.
We'll get a lot of info, but we're not nearly going to get all, and what we will get will be filtered through the media.

The public is going to miss a whole lot of what's being conveyed verbally in the courtroom, and nearly all of what's being conveyed non-verbally in the courtroom.

John Q. Public here is completely dependent upon MSM reporters to get their frantic tweets and courtroom observations entirely accurate.
Reporters are fallible. Consequently, there will be some misreporting of facts, and misstatements.
We've seen what happens when there's even the slightest misstatement in the media.

Chaos ensues.

Without any courtroom audio or video available to fact-check the information we'll be getting via secondhand reports, this could all quickly degenerate into a massive version of the Chinese Telephone Game.

Banning sketch artists from the courtroom is a far, far cry from banning video streaming.

Seriously, who considers colored pencils and sketch pads a threat to the Constitution?

It's like somebody handed Chairman Mao a gavel and a black robe.

JMO.

Nah. We aren’t entitled to a word for word account unless we want to show up or pay for the transcript.

And it’s not that a sketch pad is a threat the constitution. He runs his courtroom a certain way. He must feel being recorded or sketched is a distraction to witnesses. This is a super serious case. A man is facing life in prison. I find it over the top and annoying but it ain’t my courtroom and it’s not violating anyone's rights.

We’ve got attorney consensus on that.

Ughhh I bet pf is going to say we fought it was bad I thought I killed her I called kk I panicked took kB to Nash ranch when kk got here i took her there and kB was alive so kk shot her . I beat her but I didn’t kill her ughhh jmoo

PF ain't sayin' nothin,' trust me on that one.

He won't be opening his mouth in that courtroom.

Unless it's to yawn or grunt or something like that.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member