CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhh I bet pf is going to say we fought it was bad I thought I killed her I called kk I panicked took kB to Nash ranch when kk got here i took her there and kB was alive so kk shot her . I beat her but I didn’t kill her ughhh jmoo
I doubt it. I think he would have tried to work out a plea if that were the case. He's taking this to trial and thinks he's going to get off.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
I've been in Cripple Creek all week for jury selection for the trial for the murder of #KelseyBerreth. Regardless of the outcome, this is a sad situation all around. A positive that stuck out to me this week was how seriously the people in Teller Co. have taken their civic duty.
12:41 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Lots of people didn't necessarily want to serve on the jury: it's a three-week commitment, and the jurors will only get $50 a day to hear all of the details about a tragedy. But, no one said this would stop them from serving.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
Here are some quotes from the jurors about the process -Despite the sadness surrounding this case, they gave me some hope.

Allison Sylte on Twitter
On if he could give the defendant a fair trial: "If my son or daughter were here, I would want people to take this very seriously.”

Allison Sylte on Twitter
"By putting myself in [the defendant's] shoes, if I were the guy standing up there being judged by 12 … I’d want to make sure that they’re looking at things correctly."

Allison Sylte on Twitter
"This is going to effect many people. Our whole community. It’s going to affect [Kelsey Berreth's] family, the people in the area, police .How it comes out is not just going to affect him. It is a huge thing for me, even if he is found not guilty, there’s still a missing person."

Allison Sylte on Twitter
One juror when asked if he could serve despite a medical issue: "I want to do my civic duty."

Allison Sylte on Twitter
One last thing: Lots of potential jurors said they didn't trust the media, especially when it comes to this case. I get it -- and will try to do better in the coming weeks.
B/UBM. I wonder if prosecution got rid of the person who said “there’s still a missing person”. IMO we have a long-dead dead person who’s dead and missing remains.

Right.

And it's an impossible ask, frankly.

"Ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping, ping..."

"Wave to the security camera, PF."

"Okay, wave again!"

There is no severing PF from involvement. He visibly, electronically (and most likely forensically) linked himself to KB at every critical point in the timeline of her disappearance.

The defense has to try something, though.

This Hail Mary pass is all they have.

JMO.

It's going to be interesting to see on just what day and where KK supposedly killed Kelsey. And why Kelsey never left her condo after coming home that Thanksgiving Day and making plans to go out that evening. Where are they going to say Kelsey was until KK killed her? Are they going with the drugged for days theory some have floated? Then who drugged her? Because only PF was there that day.

Court is adjourned for the day. Some notes:
- Prosecutors focuses their opening statement on Patrick Frazee’s manipulative behavior, especially toward Krystal Kenney.

- “This face, this man, is a murderer.”
Jennifer Viehman took a big swing out of the gates with emotion, using surveillance stills to show Frazee around Berreth’s home, contradicting his story to police.
- State points out between 11/25-12/4, Frazee called Kenney 46 times. He never tried Berreth.

Defense countered in saying the entire story told by the prosecution is polished & edited.
- Ashley Porter compared it to house shopping online. It may look nice from afar, but it has foundational issues.
- She points to Kenney as the biggest issue.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Well, it was expected and it's the obvious defense but I thought they had a deadline if they were going to introduce an "alternate suspect" and they never did. Instead they said (or so I thought)
that they were going to claim that she was involved in "parts of the crime", as opposed to the actual murder.

Imo

It’s confusing. Even for me. But it looks like a general defense can include the possibility that others did it. However, this seems like more than a possibility. This seems like they’re outwardly naming her as the one. Which should’ve fallen under alternate suspect designation.

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Prosecutors focuses their opening statement on Patrick Frazee’s manipulative behavior, especially toward Krystal Kenney.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:06 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Jennifer Viehman took a big swing out of the gates with emotion, using surveillance stills to show Frazee around Berreth’s home, contradicting his story to police.
- State points out between 11/25-12/4, Frazee called Kenney 46 times. He never tried Berreth.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:09 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Defense countered in saying the entire story told by the prosecution is polished & edited.
- Ashley Porter compared it to house shopping online. It may look nice from afar, but it has foundational issues.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:11 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Porter acknowledges Kenney only tells police the story after she reaches a plea deal, emphasizing the fact it wasn’t voluntary.
- She then emphasized Kenney’s plea deal doesn’t carry a mandatory sentence.
5:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

It's going to be interesting to see on just what day and where KK supposedly killed Kelsey. And why Kelsey never left her condo after coming home that Thanksgiving Day and making plans to go out that evening. Where are they going to say Kelsey was until KK killed her? Are they going with the drugged for days theory some have floated? Then who drugged her? Because only PF was there that day.
Also if she didn't die that day...where did she have Thanksgiving...theres no evidence she went out to eat...PF's family didn't come out to say she dined with them. Yet her phone went with him...

Yes, he is! And DA May has my utmost confidence that he will make this Krystal Klear!

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Dramatic opening at #PatrickFrazee trial as prosecutor displays his face on screen: “This is the face of a cold, calculating manipulator!” @csgazette #KelseyBerreth
5:07 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Carol McKinley on Twitter
Cheryl Berreth breaks down on the stand as she describes the last time she spoke with #KelseyBerreth. #patrickfrazee met her eyes with no emotion when she pointed him out in court. Jury listens intently, takes notes. @ABC

Lance Benzel on Twitter
She gave detailed overview of case: That #PatrickFrazee beat fiancee to death with bat and plotted cover-up with his mistress, Krystal Kenney, who is expected to testify.
5:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Here comes the Tweetstorm. Court adjourned for the day.

I started to find some tweets from others who are not official news reporters so cant link them. Wanted to mention it because it can be interesting to read the varying reports as we try to decipher what actually happened in the courtroom today.

As always we have to be aware there could be some mistakes in some of the reporting.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Cell phone records prove Frazee was alone during killing, and Kenney was in Idaho, prosecutor says. #PatrickFrazee took #KelseyBerreth's phone and tried to make it seem like she fled Colorado.
5:10 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Not so, says defense, comparing case against #PatrickFrazee to house with unseen foundational problems. Jury needs to hear "raw," "unedited" version, says Ashley Porter.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Defense says Krystal Kenney has long track record of “lies” and told “tale” of murderous #PatrickFrazee only after taking plea deal that guaranteed no jail time.
5:12 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Somewhere besides in her condo? Huh?

From the article:

[...]

Prosecutor Jennifer Viehman started strong by outlining a complicated relationship between Frazee and Kelsey Berreth, who never lived together despite having a child together and living in the same county. She claims Frazee consistently manipulated those around him by painting a picture of Berreth being a bad mom, alcoholic, and abusive to their infant daughter [Baby K].

[...]

...“All you gotta do is hit her in the head and put her in the trash can,” Viehman says, attributing to Frazee. When Kenney refused, Frazee is accused of telling her, “I guess I just care more about [Baby K] than you do, and if something happens to Kaylee, it’s on you Krystal,” per Viehman. The prosecution made a deal with Kenney to testify in the case. At some point, we expect to hear testimony about how she feared for her family's safety from Frazee.

[...]

“What they did not tell you is that Krystal did not go to police voluntarily. They had to track her down,” defense attorney Ashley Porter says. She pointed out Kenney’s lies to the FBI when she denies even knowing Berreth. Porter cites the second time the FBI meets Krystal at her home she has hired an attorney. “Before she says anything about this case, she cuts a deal, where she could spend zero days in jail,” Porter says.

Attorneys for Frazee argue he has no motive, no body has been recovered, and investigators have not recovered an alleged murder weapon. However, Kenney has admitted to bringing a full body protective suit, bleach, cleaning supplies, and borrowing her friend’s car to drive to Woodland Park to clean up the bloody scene at the townhome. Porter points out that despite the horrific scene Kenney describes, there are only tiny spots of blood found by investigators.

[...]

BBM, they can TRY to argue that. DA May will PROVE otherwise, IMO.

I started to find some tweets from others who are not official news reporters so cant link them. Wanted to mention it because it can be interesting to read the varying reports as we try to decipher what actually happened in the courtroom today.

As always we have to be aware there could be some mistakes in some of the reporting.
Yeah. That’s a huge benefit of having a lot of people reporting. It’s also a bit of a downside, as someone is going to get it wrong from time to time.

We just need to focus on information that is consistently reported.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Attorney Ashley Porter: “It looks good from the outside. It looks like it’s all there. But when you really start hearing the evidence and hearing the facts you are going to realize deep foundational issues with this case.” #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Porter acknowledges Kenney only tells police the story after she reaches a plea deal, emphasizing the fact it wasn’t voluntary.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Defense didn’t say who they believe killed #KelseyBerreth. But they heavily emphasized role of Kenney in misleading investigators, in their characterization. #PatrickFrazee

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Jennifer Viehman took a big swing out of the gates with emotion, using surveillance stills to show Frazee around Berreth’s home, contradicting his story to police.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Defense countered in saying the entire story told by the prosecution is polished & edited.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth

Sam Kraemer on Twitter

BBM:

Oh, Man.

Wow. Just...Wow.

46 calls to KK?

Yeah, he's Toast.

JMO.

Last edited:
Also if she didn't die that day...where did she have Thanksgiving...theres no evidence she went out to eat...PF's family didn't come out to say she dined with them. Yet her phone went with him...

Ah, makes me think about why he had an upset tummy the night before so that the next day he could say sorry Mom, I'm not coming for your dinner and I will be late because my tummy is upset.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Today’s first witness was Cheryl Berreth, #KelseyBerreth’s mother. She said victim’s daughter Kaylee was “everything” to her and that #KelseyBerreth would never agree to give up custody, as #PatrickFrazee claimed when she went missing.
5:14 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Soft-spoken and matter of fact, Cheryl Berreth choked up just once – describing text message she sent to #PatrickFrazee on day authorities say daughter was killed.
5:15 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
“I said something along the lines of ‘Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’re feeling better.'
“He said, 'Happy thanksgiving to you, too,'” Cheryl Berreth said, swallowing hard and dabbing at eyes with a tissue. #PatrickFrazee
5:15 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Cheryl Berreth told jury how she went to investigate #KelseyBerreth's Woodland Park condo after days went by w/o answer from her.
5:17 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Cinnamon rolls were uncovered on table, "hard as rocks," Cheryl Berreth said. Also left out was bread #KelseyBerreth bought for Thanksgiving dessert dip. Her luggage was still there.
“When the sun was shining it looked like everything had been wiped.” #PatrickFrazee
5:19 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members