CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Jennifer Viehman took a big swing out of the gates with emotion, using surveillance stills to show Frazee around Berreth’s home, contradicting his story to police.
- State points out between 11/25-12/4, Frazee called Kenney 46 times. He never tried Berreth.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:09 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Defense countered in saying the entire story told by the prosecution is polished & edited.
- Ashley Porter compared it to house shopping online. It may look nice from afar, but it has foundational issues.
- She points to Kenney as the biggest issue.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:11 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Porter acknowledges Kenney only tells police the story after she reaches a plea deal, emphasizing the fact it wasn’t voluntary.
- She then emphasized Kenney’s plea deal doesn’t carry a mandatory sentence.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- State called Cheryl Berreth to the stand as the first witness, which was emotional for her.
- She described coming to CO to look for Kelsey, noticing a list of things out of the ordinary at her home.
- Cheryl then assumed the worst.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:15 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- As part of opening statements, Viehman showed photos of the blood spots left behind by Krystal Kenney. They are there, but as the defense points out, they are small.
- Other photos show clear streaks or wipe marks on the couch & TV in Berreth’s home.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
5:16 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
That’s about it for now. Have to get ready for our show. I’ll share some more later
5:17 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Soft-spoken and matter of fact, Cheryl Berreth choked up just once describing text message she sent to #PatrickFrazee on day authorities say daughter was killed.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
“I said something along the lines of ‘Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’re feeling better.'
“He said, 'Happy thanksgiving to you, too,'” Cheryl Berreth said, swallowing hard and dabbing at eyes with a tissue.
#PatrickFrazee

RSABBM:

OMG.

Trying to absorb this.

It's too gut-wrenching.

BBM, they can TRY to argue that. DA May will PROVE otherwise, IMO.

I was following the Dan Markel case, and someone kept saying that the prosecution didn't prove it. Proving it perhaps is an opinion, that something is 100%.

The court states that it is beyond A Reasonable Doubt that is the threshold. It does not require definitive proof. M o o.

To the layperson, they may misunderstand proof? So the prosecution at the very end will have to clearly clearly state such differentiation m o o

During that second forensic testing of the bathroom, they discovered KB's blood in multiple locations in the bath area as well as DNA from an unknown male.
^^ sbm

AND ALSO DNA FROM AN UNKNOWN FEMALE.

I wonder why that's always left out -- especially when it's in the very same report.

ETA: Not only the same document, the same sentence!

(Arrest Application, Attach A #28).

Last edited:
Yeah. That’s a huge benefit of having a lot of people reporting. It’s also a bit of a downside, as someone is going to get it wrong from time to time.

We just need to focus on information that is consistently reported.

In the last two cases that I have followed, the reporters have been very receptive to folks tweeting them and asking them to clarify and or correcting oh, and they did! I think the public is getting better at challenging the media for clarification and sometimes correct in them. I wonder how many folks are from here that do that ;-)

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- Porter acknowledges Kenney only tells police the story after she reaches a plea deal, emphasizing the fact it wasn’t voluntary.
- She then emphasized Kenney’s plea deal doesn’t carry a mandatory sentence.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth #PatrickFrazee #KrystalKenney
5:13 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Sam Kraemer on Twitter
- State called Cheryl Berreth to the stand as the first witness, which was emotional for her.
- She described coming to CO to look for Kelsey, noticing a list of things out of the ordinary at her home.
- Cheryl then assumed the worst.
@KOAA #KelseyBerreth
My thoughts are with Cheryl. How hard that had to have been for her. Thank God Kelsey's family was persistent in checking her condo out thoroughly.

Much as I despise KK, I am so grateful she told her best friend what PF wanted to do, and then her best friend told her employers. Both got busted thankfully when the two lawyers spoke up- late, yes, but at least they came forward on their own, unlike KK...

^^ sbm

AND ALSO DNA FROM AN UNKNOWN FEMALE.

I wonder why that's always left out -- especially when it's in the very same report.
I wasn't aware of that which is why I didn't mention it. <modsnip - bickering>

Last edited by a moderator:
I was following the Dan Markel case, and someone kept saying that the prosecution didn't prove it. Proving it perhaps is an opinion, that something is 100%.

The court states that it is beyond A Reasonable Doubt that is the threshold. It does not require definitive proof. M o o.

To the layperson, they may misunderstand proof? So the prosecution at the very end will have to clearly clearly state such differentiation m o o
Good point. iirc, there have been a couple of cases recently where the defense used a chart to explain the levels. It certainly worked in the Skylar Richardson defense.

JMO

Apologies for any duplicates. I'm following four feeds and sometimes they overlap. :oops: MOO
The repetition is actually most welcomed, Pommy!

The thread is moving so fast, I'm sure we're all missing a ton of posts...this way, if we don't see a feed the first time it's posted, we're at least bound to catch it by the 4th time! :)

*Tweet of the hour award...

@SamKraemerTV
- Jennifer Viehman took a big swing out of the gates with emotion, using surveillance stills to show Frazee around Berreth’s home, contradicting his story to police.

- *State points out between 11/25-12/4, Frazee called Kenney 46 times. He never tried Berreth. @KOAA #KelseyBerreth

4:09 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Today’s first witness was Cheryl Berreth, #KelseyBerreth’s mother. She said victim’s daughter Kaylee was “everything” to her and that #KelseyBerreth would never agree to give up custody, as #PatrickFrazee claimed when she went missing.
5:14 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Soft-spoken and matter of fact, Cheryl Berreth choked up just once – describing text message she sent to #PatrickFrazee on day authorities say daughter was killed.

Lance Benzel on Twitter
“I said something along the lines of ‘Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you’re feeling better.'
“He said, 'Happy thanksgiving to you, too,'” Cheryl Berreth said, swallowing hard and dabbing at eyes with a tissue. #PatrickFrazee

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Cheryl Berreth told jury how she went to investigate #KelseyBerreth's Woodland Park condo after days went by w/o answer from her.
5:17 PM - 1 Nov 2019

Lance Benzel on Twitter
Cinnamon rolls were uncovered on table, "hard as rocks," Cheryl Berreth said. Also left out was bread #KelseyBerreth bought for Thanksgiving dessert dip. Her luggage was still there.
“When the sun was shining it looked like everything had been wiped.” #PatrickFrazee
5:19 PM - 1 Nov 2019
As a parent imagining myself in CB’s shoes - I just can’t imagine how awful it was coming to that realization in her condo and then having to testify to it - she’s amazing IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseR