CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CB actually witnessed first hand PF's behavior and I hope they will touch on that more tomorrow. Attacking KB's character gently or not won't help to defend PF against murder charges.

I just don't see how anything KB shared with her mom could work in PF's favor. In conversations with her mom KB could have done the following:

a.) Shared everything and was completely honest. If KB did this than her relationship with PF seemed toxic.

b.) Sugar coated things so that her mother wouldn't worry. If KB did this than her relationship with PF was likely much more toxic than we think so...yikes!

c.) She omitted facts to make herself look better and/or for some strange reason lied about PF to make him look worse. Once again, if KB did this than her relationship with PF was much more toxic than we think so again yikes!

JMO.

Last note...I'll be anxious until the verdict is read so you're not alone!
I guess what I mean is, to be more specific---PF told LE that he broke up with her the night before Thanksgiving, or something like that....and our evidence that it didnt happen was that she didnt tell her Mom anything like that.

But the defense might say that she didn't want to worry her Mom, so she didn't tell her about it.

And it becomes 'he said vs she said.' It worries me that any idiots on the jury could say 'reasonable doubt' to something like that.

Neighbor's surveillance camera info from the preliminary hearing.

Courtroom updates: Preliminary hearing for Patrick Frazee, who is accused of killing Kelsey Berreth

9:40 a.m.

[...]

The prosecution continued questioning Adams at the conclusion of the recorded phone call. He discussed surveillance video showing both Frazee and Berreth at a furniture store near her apartment on Nov. 22 — the last day she was seen.

In one still shot from a neighbor’s surveillance camera, a baby carrier, Frazee, and Berreth are seen near the front door of her home. Frazee was also pictured in Walmart surveillance video that day.

[...]

10:20 a.m.

[...]

The cross-examination went on to detail the surveillance photos that captured Frazee entering and exiting Berreth’s apartment. Adams said Frazee was not seen leaving with a black tote, and that he did not appear to have blood stains on his clothing.

During the cross-examination, Frazee, whose hands were released from his shackles so he could take notes, largely stared straight ahead.

[...]

10:30 a.m.

The cross-examination of Adams ended with questions about a surveillance camera owned by Berreth’s neighbor, which showed Frazee at her apartment the day she was last seen. Adams said it did not show Lee (Krystal Kenney) inside of Berreth’s apartment, and that after she disappeared, no one came to the door except someone who works for a utility company and a friend of Frazee’s who was picking up a package.

During redirect examination, Adams said the surveillance camera in question was grainy, and only stored a week's worth of surveillance footage at a time. The photos shown during Adams’ testimony were taken after it was triggered by movement.

^^bbm^^ bbm

How do you think the prosecution is going to go about explaining why they have video/pictures of PF arriving a couple times, RS picking up the package, the utility worker, but not of KL going in to clean up, or leaving or PF leaving with the baby after the killing or with KB's body?

Join the club.

We have bigger things to worry about right now, though:

What is most important is that PF be held accountable.

He swung the bat.

He must, must, MUST pay for that.

There'll be plenty of time and opportunity to Monday morning quarterback about the state's decision to offer KK that sweetie beauty of a deal.

But it ain't Monday yet, folks.

Stating the obvious: It's Sunday. Gameday.

The home team, led by DA May is locked in battle against PF.

That's the only thing I'm focused on right now.

Well, that and the Pats vs Ravens game. Kickoff at 8:20 pm tonight.

JMO.
He must pay for that most importantly because it will keep him away from lil K.

How do you think the prosecution is going to go about explaining why they have video/pictures of PF arriving a couple times, RS picking up the package, the utility worker, but not of KL going in to clean up, or leaving or PF leaving with the baby after the killing or with KB's body?

I have those same cameras. They DO NOT pick up everything.

I have those same cameras. They DO NOT pick up everything.
Clearly. I don’t think anyone doubts that KK cleaned that crime scene, despite the fact that there is no video of her coming or going (as far as we know).

So an event not being captured on camera doesn’t mean anything. It would be nice, but it’s not necessary.

well I hate to say it, but KK is a bit of a victim of PF also. A willing and complicit victim for sure, but he really knows how to zero in on what makes a person tick and use that to get what he wants. SHe's def not innocent, but he knew how to make her jump...and she was more than happy to do so over and over again.
KK is many things but victim isn't one of them. She lived hundreds of miles away with her family. Nothing forced her to answer PF's calls or in any way respond to them. Nothing prevented her from picking up the phone and reporting his threats to local police or from obtaining a protection order for her child whom she claimed PF threatened.

JMO

We have Arlo cameras on our property, and they have to be set to “armed” in order to record motion. The neighbor may be like us, and only arms them when she leaves home.
Also, they don’t pick up everything, especially if the sun is shining directly into it, or any number of other reasons. We sometimes disarm them if there’s too much innocuous activity that sending too many alerts.
TLDR, there are a number of valid reasons why the cameras didn’t pick up every movement that weekend.

We have Arlo cameras on our property, and they have to be set to “armed” in order to record motion. The neighbor may be like us, and only arms them when she leaves home.
Also, they don’t pick up everything, especially if the sun is shining directly into it, or any number of other reasons. We sometimes disarm them if there’s too much innocuous activity that sending too many alerts.
TLDR, there are a number of valid reasons why the cameras didn’t pick up every movement that weekend.

Hopefully they have someone from the security company go on the stand to explain that to the jury.

I believe they will have to rely on testimony from the owner of the camera (i.e., neighbor) and maybe a forensic expert. For example, my neighbor only wants to know what happens when she's away from home, and has her camera set to function from 9 am - 3 pm M-F and not on weekends. I also believe the owner can set switch night vision on and off.

Without the make/model of the camera, not really much we can investigate. MOO

Sure. But PF’s is clearer, and he was the killer. So what?

Motive. Means. Opportunity.

While in criminal investigation the probable reason a person committed a crime such as jealousy, greed, revenge, part of a theft or desire for custody may be admissible at trial, proof of motive is not necessary to prove a crime.

Nice but not necessary.

I'll take video of the defendant at the crime scene and proof that he had the victim's phone after she "disappeared", then throw in a burn site right where a witness saw him burn the body/crime scene evidence over motive all day long. Add a possible human tooth from that burn site and I won't even be mentioning motive!

Patrick swung the bat.
We know he swung the bat.
Motive/Shmotive.

(Even though we know why he did it and it will be proven = bonus.)

Last edited:
omg I'm caught up...:D
sadly, since GoJacks I guess has a life outside of this trial, I'll probably be pretty well caught up tomorrow.. if the media coverage Monday is anything like it was Friday.:rolleyes:
*sigh*

Haha, I'm annoyed that we probably wont have updates till like 12-1pm at the earliest. Most likely be limited information as well. Sigh.

I'm wondering tomorrow if Judge Sells will change anything seeing how someone was still feeding info out to the local blogger, lol.

Haha, I'm annoyed that we probably wont have updates till like 12-1pm at the earliest. Most likely be limited information as well. Sigh.

I'm wondering tomorrow if Judge Sells will change anything seeing how someone was still feeding info out to the local blogger, lol.
Ha! Well we’ll know that he’s plugged the leak if our favorite blogger doesn’t have YouTube updates from ongoing testimony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72