CO CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, November 5th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 8:30am MT) - CO – Kelsey Berreth (29) (last seen Nov. 22, 2018, Woodland Park; phone pinged 800 miles away in Gooding, Idaho on 11/25/18 @ 5:13pm, reported missing Dec. 2, 2018; not found) – *Patrick Michael Frazee (32) “fiancé” arrested (12/21/18), charged (12/31/18) & arraigned (4/8/19) with 2 counts 1st degree murder (to align with the prosecution’s theories on how he did it), 3 counts of solicitation to commit 1st degree murder, 1st degree felony murder (death during attempted robbery) and charged (4/5/19) with 2 counts of crime of violence (sentence enhancer). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will not seek DP.
Trial began on Monday, 10/28 with jury selection, trial started on 11/1. Trial is expected to last 3 weeks (thru 11/18/19). Jurors: 7 women & 5 men; alternates: 2 women & 2 men.
Week 1, Oct. 28 - Nov. 1 reference post #1001 here:
Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #58

See Post #411 at: Still Missing - CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #59 for full testimony of State witnesses of 11/4 Day 2 of trial.
11/4/19 Day 2: State witnesses: Cheryl Berreth (Kelsey's mother). Clint Berreth (Kelsey’s bro). Neighbor, Angela Gerber (who gave Kelsey the babygate/shared wall of apt). Safeway Fraud Analyst (no name-had surveillance video, that captured Kelsey & her daughter walking into the Safeway Grocery Store in Woodland Park on November 22 was played). Raymond Siebring (Supervisor at Doss Aviation). Woodland Park LE Corporal Dena Currin (played her body camera-recorded phone call with Frazee from 12/2/18). Woodland Park LE (no name-Jury hears Frazee’s Dec. 3, 2018; statement to police about Kelsey’s disappearance). Woodland Park Police Sgt. Andrew Leibbrand. (enters KB’s apt with LE Currin on 12/3). Credit union manager Patricia Key (Ent Credit Union-re: “very strange interaction” with Frazee on Dec. 5. PF stopped in at Ent Credit Union asking to see surveillance from Nov. 22 & any transactions from Kelsey thru Nov. 22). Teller County Sheriff’s deputy Chris Paulsen (works on an FBI task force: 12/4/18 interview w/PF). David Felis (employee who works for the Woodland Park Verizon store). Leslie Jackson 9next door neighbor whose fence is next to KB's door. One of Jackson's three cameras caught Frazee coming & going out of Kelsey's condo). Chad Mininger (investigator with the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office who is the digital expert). Trial continues on 11/5.
*Child: Review hearing on 12/5/19.

*Krystal Jean “Lee” Kenney – Plea deal-plead guilty to 1 count of tampering with physical evidence, a class 6 felony, with an open sentence. Will testify at Frazee’s trial. Review hearing on 12/2.

I don't know---only because I imagine myself, being in a messy custody battle with people in another state, trying to wrestle my grand baby away from me---I would not want to take that baby back to that state, if there was any other way to avoid doing so. :eek:

I think I would rather have a loving family member staying back with her in the safety of our own home--I think if the baby woke up every morning in her own bed, and was home with Cb2's husband or someone close, and Skyped with grandma and grandpa every day, she'd be fine. ;)

ETA--Also, I would be afraid to take my grand baby to that town, because if the defendants family found out she was there, they might try an emergency motion to have some visitation with her, knowing she was there.

I'd never want to risk that nightmare.

Good morning,
The Berreth’s have family who live in that area. They’re the ones who recently had the beautiful memorial bench made in Kelsey’s honor and placed on the lawn near her condo.

My guess is that BabyK is probably staying with them during the day while DB, CB and CB2 are in court.

JMO

Last edited:
I wonder if the Berreths will stay for the whole trial or must go back home to BabyK.

I also wonder if they still own Kelsey's condo and are staying there.

Let's hope the press is leaving them alone.

I would think one of the networks would have tried to sign them on for an expanded interview.

Appears the condo is still owned by the Berreth’s.
Teller County Property Records Database

I’m wondering if the jury will visit there?
5194EB82-D9FE-4C02-AE63-C08FB36CA656.jpeg

Three week trial?

No way their baby K is not with them in Colorado. Baby K's only 24 months and needs to wake up to her family every morning as much as the Berreth's need her. MOO
I agree but I do wonder if they are staying in a town near there rather than there? I’m worried that custody will continue to be sought by SF and family/ and they will get visitation IMO but I think we researched that early on in this case and CO does not recognize grandparent rights but there is a possibility PF will get visitation in prison ? JMO

I agree but I do wonder if they are staying in a town near there rather than there? I’m worried that custody will continue to be sought by SF and family/ and they will get visitation IMO but I think we researched that early on in this case and CO does not recognize grandparent rights but there is a possibility PF will get visitation in prison ? JMO
He will be in prison until he dies imo. There is no reason I can think of that would benefit the child to have any kind of a relationship with him. I believe the courts will terminate his rights. imo

He will be in prison until he dies imo. There is no reason I can think of that would benefit the child to have any kind of a relationship with him. I believe the courts will terminate his rights. imo
This is my hope but months ago when we were speculating about this several sleuthers posted MSM where children of convicted killers were forced to have prison visitation - it’s a possibility but am sure CB will explore all methods available to not allow this to happen IMO

Opinions/theories on the broom left on Kelsey’s bed?

Besides KK flying in on it, maybe she was using it it with a rag attached to the end to try to clean blood spatter up high on the walls or off the ceiling? If I remember right, there’s high cathedral ceilings in the condo.

JMO

It's easy to butcher deer, just with a knife. Even easier with just a simple hack saw he could have carried in under a t shirt. If he made 11 trips in and out of the condo, that's probably what he did. Unless the nurse has already referred to an intact body that day of the burning? Not meaning to be rude or gruesome, but I've butchered probably 50 deer and it's not hard, a cattle rancher would know how to do it very quickly.

It's easy to butcher deer, just with a knife. Even easier with just a simple hack saw he could have carried in under a t shirt. If he made 11 trips in and out of the condo, that's probably what he did. Unless the nurse has already referred to an intact body that day of the burning? Not meaning to be rude or gruesome, but I've butchered probably 50 deer and it's not hard, a cattle rancher would know how to do it very quickly.

This is what I’ve always thought. Had he dismembered her using a hack saw, the neighbors wouldn’t have heard and it seems he was there long enough to accomplish that. He then could’ve carried Kelsey out to the truck inside the diaper bag.

If this is what he did, I can only think of poor BabyK inside the house. Shudder. I pray she was sound asleep in a closed bedroom.

JMO

Whoa! I wonder if that's why the pics of PF on Nov 22 ended up getting saved by the neighbor? My understanding is that the camera system only holds onto a set amount of pics for a certain number of days-- unless the owner opens email alerts to view and download the photos. All of that activity on one day might have gotten the neighbor's attention and caused him/her to take a look and save all photos from that day. MOO.

Just think about all the photo/video/cell data and evidence from Thanksgiving Day and how valuable to the timeline it has all been. If he had chosen to murder KB out in the pasture the night before, how differently things could've gone.

Finally caught up with the 496 posts I just read in about 2 1/2 hours....

This struck me as "odd" - what "possessions" did Kelsey have over at his house, when she wasn't even allowed in, plus she had her own apt. ?? Besides the gun.

PommyMommy from article said:
“When I gave her possessions back, that was something that we had addressed was, ‘Hey, you’re not going to do anything crazy?’” Frazee was heard saying in the recorded phone call. “Just our lives have grown so far apart in the last year 1/2, or great, I just wanted space and time to figure things out.”

mustloveco said:
Hello all! I am hoping to make it to the trial next week. Currently out of town. But very actively watching all the news and reports, like I am sure you all are. Thank god for Sam Kramer!!!

Oh GOOD!! :D Take good notes!!

Thanks for this. I believe LE described it as a "hot plate" and maybe didn't realize it was a candle warmer/wax melt.

@GordianKnot posted this yesterday to clarify the hot plate. @GoJacks was at the trial on Friday and was able to verify it was the correct thing. This is post #397.

(Sorry, I'm not sure how to bring a post over.)

ETA My experience with these is they slowly melt the candle from the bottom up. If there was a large jar candle on there, it could potentially still have a strong scent a few days later. Also, her townhouse isn't that big so a scent may linger for awhile.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191105-072303_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191105-072303_Chrome.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20191105-072314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191105-072314_Chrome.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 16
I know, @AnnaGrace. Sometimes, I am ashamed for laughing at some of the things I'm laughing at, even if it is at Patrick's and Krystal's expense. All because poor Kelsey and her loved ones and friends will always be victims due to Patrick's actions and his sidekick's assistance. I know we're all laughing at him and his stupidity, but sometimes, it just feels wrong to do so. :(

I agree. The situation is just horrible and heartbreaking. I've cried a lot more than I've laughed as I know we all have.
Definitely only funny that PF is such a dufus. It's like he tried to set himself up. I've asked before, wonder if he feels embarrassed at his ridiculousness?

It’s horrible enough to plan and carry out a murder. But I don’t want to get into the head of someone who would dismember a body, any body, let alone the mother of his child (yes, I know that he has no empathy for anyone). I certainly hope he did not do that.

Wouldn’t LE have checked the plumbing for blood and tissue residue? I’m not sure how easy it is to rinse that away, unless lye or other chemicals are used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx