GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, me, neither.

Her Pinterest really does reveal a lot of really wonderful things about her.

One of the things I discovered was that KB had pinned several quotes from Corrie TenBoom, who was an absolutely amazing woman in her own right. (For those that aren't familiar with that name, Corrie TenBoom was a Dutch woman who, along w/ her family, hid, sheltered, and assisted many Jews from escaping the Nazis during the Holocaust until she and her family were captured and sent to concentration camps themselves).

Anyway, in honor of KB, one of the things I plan to do this weekend is re-read Corrie's autobiographical book, The Hiding Place. For those who've never read it, I think you'll find that at points it will remind you of KB.

JMO.

Yes! If this year with Kelsey caused us to do any one thing, reading Corrie TenBoom would be a wonderful choice. Even googling her quotes is a sweet way to spend time.

Yes. My favorite was the discussion about the murder being the worst plan in the world, if it happened the way the prosecution contended.

Of course the defense also said that those hit letters were proof of PF being “an idiot,” but nothing more.

Put those together, and we have an idiot who committed murder on Thanksgiving.

That’s like scoring on your own goal.
If the neighbor was gone Thanksgiving day, it made sense that he thought that would be a good day to go unnoticed. Right?!

...except for the CCTV and blood evidence that KK chose to leave behind.

he did score many goals for his opponents, didn’t he?! Lol. He’s such a megalomaniac idiot...

Last edited:
Wow

But something we learned for the first time in court was that Lee had previous contact with Berreth over text before the murder, and that she apparently failed to reveal that to investigators or prosecutors.

"It seems to me that this is a pretty significant piece of information that she used an alias to contact the decedent in this case and that would be something that could potentially cause the prosecution to revoke the plea agreement," Mika said.

Patrick Frazee trial: What's next for Krystal Lee? - KRDO

I believe KK's deal is intact.

I also think that the reporter and his legal consultant might be misleading here if the event they are describing was KK's coffee alias "Cassie" that wanted to make a playdate with KB's daughter. (Reporter does not disclose the contact).

Could it be that KK texted KB from the burner phone for the playdate? I recall KB refused to make a date telling KK that she had to check with her fiancee (PF).

If the playdate example is close to the reporter's allegation then it's something KK already revealed and I think KK is safe.

IMO, it's going to take a blatant violation of the spirit of the plea agreement for the DA to cite KK is in breach of the agreement. These agreements are like contracts.

MOO

ETA: This report about KK failing to disclose contact was by KRDO/13 and not Sam Kraemer at KOAA/5. In fact, Sam just put out a tweet trying to make it clear that the plea deal was accepted and not broken by KK.

Last edited:
Wow

But something we learned for the first time in court was that Lee had previous contact with Berreth over text before the murder, and that she apparently failed to reveal that to investigators or prosecutors.

"It seems to me that this is a pretty significant piece of information that she used an alias to contact the decedent in this case and that would be something that could potentially cause the prosecution to revoke the plea agreement," Mika said.

No, me, neither.

Her Pinterest really does reveal a lot of really wonderful things about her.

One of the things I discovered was that KB had pinned several quotes from Corrie TenBoom, who was an absolutely amazing woman in her own right. (For those that aren't familiar with that name, Corrie TenBoom was a Dutch woman who, along w/ her family, hid, sheltered, and assisted many Jews from escaping the Nazis during the Holocaust until she and her family were captured and sent to concentration camps themselves).

In honor of KB, one of the things I plan to do this weekend is re-read Corrie's autobiographical book, The Hiding Place. For those who've never read it, I think you'll find that at points it will remind you of KB.

JMO.
GK I did check out her Pinterest that you linked and it was so sweet and hopeful, really just beautiful. Kelsey loved flowers and scenery and I could totally relate to those recipes.

Gosh she had a whole lifetime of goodness to contribute to this world, she should be here. Thanks for sharing it.

Yes. That said it all. I mean she also ATE after that.

I do believe she said she picked up food for Kb2 and PF and KK got a drink for herself. At least, that's a/t trial tweets. No big deal...just that everyone's flaming KK for eating at Sonic. I'm no fan. But if we believe her, we believe her. And we can't pick and choose.

Wow

Patrick Frazee trial: What's next for Krystal Lee? - KRDO
trying not to get overly optimistic. But that would be awesome.
giphy.gif

Good info on how the jury speaking to the press can really mess things up. I'll be really surprised if we get any interviews with the jurors (unless they decide to do one anonymously with faces blurred/voices altered so they can't be identified). I saw many here posting that the jury was probably laughing at the stupidity of PF's paper towel notes. But if I had been on this jury that info would have completely terrified me. Sure it's ironically comical that PF is so stupid to write out his hit list (and got caught) but it's really not a laughing matter at all. I mean, PF actually got the "hit man" bailed out of jail! Bailing him out showed PF's intent to follow through on those threats to murder all the witnesses. He wasn't just blowing off steam. Imagine if the hit man had actually been a cold blooded murderer with the same mindset as PF? Or if the hit man never came forward at all? LE didn't even know about the notes until the second week of the trial. Who knows if PF solicited more than one prisoner while in jail and the others simply didn't come forward or didn't do anything? I wouldn't put it past PF to try soliciting more murders in the future. And that's got to be a terrifying prospect for all involved in this trial-- the jury included. MOO.
Agree 100%. If I was a member of the jury, I wouldn't speak to the media, either. I'd get out of there so fast after the verdict was read.

I mentioned before, all those folks were lucky that Doe came forward with those letters. There are some sick criminals out there, that for the right money, would have done it. Those desperate for drug money, especially.

I also think that the reporter and his legal consultant might be misleading here if the event they are describing was KK's coffee alias "Cassie" that wanted to make a playdate with KB's daughter. (Reporter does not disclose the contact).

Could it be that KK texted KB from the burner phone for the playdate? I recall KB refused to make a date telling KK that she had to check with her fiancee (PF).

If the playdate example is close to the reporter's allegation then it's something KK already revealed and I think KK is safe.

IMO, it's going to take a blatant violation of the spirit of the plea agreement for the DA to cite KK is in breach of the agreement. These agreements are like contracts.

MOO
From what I recall, KK asked KB in person about having a play date. Then at another time texted her about meeting up for coffee and KB said no. I think she did use the burner phone for that.

ETA: Here we go...my Sam notes from November 7 -

KK bought burner phone at PF's request.... she said she bought 2 burner phones. She texted KB from a burner phone under her "Cassie Johnson" persona. She asked KB if she wanted to go for coffee. KB said NO!!!!! (Capital letters and 5 exclamation points added by me)

I do believe she said she picked up food for Kb2 and PF and KK got a drink for herself. At least, that's a/t trial tweets. No big deal...just that everyone's flaming KK for eating at Sonic. I'm no fan. But if we believe her, we believe her. And we can't pick and choose.
I admit I love sonic tots and their ocean water.

what got me was the obsessive hair fixing going on in the footage. Really? Yea, big scheme it ain’t that big of a deal.

of course MOO

MOO
I agree! But, DA May referring to making a deal “with a devil” reassures me that he will seek the full measure. Since it appears there are no aggravating factors I’m hoping he will recommend the full 18 months. That’s the least she should serve. We all agree, it isn’t enough, but neither would 3 years be for what she did. It is, what it is :(

If I'm looking at Kelsey's pinterest pins correctly it looks like the last thing she pinned was a wreath with antlers on it:
f2440963ffc13e08da325890cb9ab14c.jpg

Kelsey Berreth (kelseyberreth) on Pinterest

This makes sense since CB said she was already talking about decorating for Christmas. But it gave me a chill considering that one of the codes PF used to refer to murdering people involved elk hunting. This image on Kelsey's Pinterest makes me wonder if PF and SF talked openly in front of KB about plans to go "elk hunting" soon. KB would have thought, "Oh that's nice we'll get some meat for the freezer and look we can use the antlers to make a lovely wreath." Meanwhile PF has nothing but murdering her on his mind. I feel so sickened and horrified...

MOO.

THINGS WE CAN PUT TO REST – Update #1
  1. There is no evidence that PF murdered KB…WRONG.
  2. There was only blood in the bathroom…WRONG.
  3. The trial will never happen by October…WRONG.
  4. There’s no proof that KK was in Idaho…WRONG.
  5. KK’s story doesn’t align with the evidence…WRONG.
  6. KK planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  7. LE planted the tooth at the ranch…WRONG.
  8. KB was drugged, kept alive until KK came to town and killed her…WRONG.
  9. All PF did was dispose of the body…WRONG.
  10. KB's murder was a hired hit and not something PF did himself…WRONG.
  11. DA's don’t engage in plea deals prior to an arrest for homicide...WRONG.
  12. There’s not enough evidence…WRONG.
  13. The jury won’t believe KK’s story…WRONG.
  14. The only way to bond out of jail is with cash…WRONG.
  15. You only need one baby gate for a toddler if you have stairs…SMDH
  16. PF’s not stupid…WRONG.
  17. This case isn’t a slam dunk…WRONG.
  18. There's no evidence KB was murdered in the townhome....WRONG.
  19. KB wasn't murdered on the 22nd...WRONG.
  20. PF didn't murder KB with a baseball bat...WRONG.
  21. KB's body wasn't burned at the franch...WRONG.
  22. There's no proof PF wrote the jailhouse paper towel letters.....WRONG
  23. "No Body, No Crime"...WRONG Patrick, if you haven't figured that out by now.
  24. I disagree!........Of course you do. You always do!!!!!
  25. The letter’s weren’t authenticated as PF’s…WRONG.
  26. The state had the burden of obtaining a hand writing expert to prove the letters were PF’s…WRONG.
  27. Since they didn’t, the defense didn’t need to cross examine or challenge the authorship…WRONG.
  28. Closing arguments are going to be a boon for the defense…WRONG.
  29. The defense and prosecution would try to negotiate a plea deal over the weekend...WRONG.

Our sleuthers did a ton of research on custody in CO, rights of imprisoned parents to have visitation, etc and it was good stuff - probably around the custody hearings if someone wants to search them out -IIRC we discovered severing parental rights even when the convicted murderer killed the parent was not a slam dunk- multiple MSM links were posted where court ordered visitation was required so let’s hope her custody attorneys are as good as the DA attorneys were - as far as the rest of the family others have previously posted that CO does not recognize grandparent rights - IIRC - would be good to revisit this as it’s the next hurdle for her family
JMO

A few posters have said CO doesn’t recognize grandparent’s rights. That’s untrue: Colorado Revised Statutes Title 19. Children's Code § 19-1-117 | FindLaw

They can ask for visitation in the context of dependency court cases, divorce cases and guardianship of minor children. They’re unlikely to get it unless they were an active part of the child’s life and thus it is found to be in the child’s best interests.

That was likely not granted in the dependency court proceedings thus far to SF due to:
1. The condition of her home.
2. The out of state placement.
3. Concerns she had knowledge of her son’s involvement in the disappearance and/or covered for her son.

Which is why I felt granting temporary custody immediately to the Berrreths who had much less contact was telling.

Also, once they adopt her, grandparent visitation does not apply.

As to PF? Yeah he can make it difficult for the Berreths by contesting the termination of parental rights but he’s going to lose, per the code because he’s ineligible for parole and will not be able to complete a “treatment plan”:

Does my incarceration mean my parental rights will be terminated?
No. Your parental rights are not automatically terminated just because you are in prison. As a general rule, an incarcerated parent, like any other parent, is given an opportunity to complete a treatment plan so that he or she can be reunited with their children. However, an incarcerated parent’s parole eligibility date matters.

According to the Colorado Children’s Code, 19-3-604(1)(b), a judge can “by-pass reunification” and terminate parental rights without giving the parent an opportunity to complete a treatment plan if the judge finds that “no appropriate treatment plan” can be developed.

Under the law, one of the reasons the judge can find that “no appropriate treatment plan”can be developed is if an incarcerated parent will not be parole eligible for 6 years from the date the child is found to be dependent and neglected (called “adjudication”) OR within 36 months for cases involving children under the age of 6. Therefore, it is important to let the judge, the social worker, the guardian ad litem, and your attorney know when you are parole eligible.
https://www.ccjrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ParentingFromPrison.pdf

I am sure the Berreths have consulted with attorneys and know the process. And that it’s a guaranteed win them.

It just depends on whether the process is going to be lengthy and hard or not. But per the code it appears his rights will indeed be terminated ultimately.

Hope you’re happy PF. You beat to death an angel so you could possess your baby. And now neither you nor any of your family will get their hands on her ever again. Was it worth it, chief?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46