GUILTY CO - Kelsey Berreth, 29, Woodland Park, Teller County, 22 Nov 2018 - *Arrest* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
K, guys, I gotta pack to move. So I just wanted to thank everyone and WS for providing a place to bounce around ideas and gather information.

I walk away from this case realizing that charming people can be hiding deep dark waters. And the manipulators among us range from plain ol' ranchhands to medical professionals to politicians.

I started with the Arias case. WS was a refuge for those scarred by that trial.
Then Watts happened barely 20 miles away from me.
Then Kelsey went missing down near the Springs.

Colorado Murderers: Could you please behave yourselves until I'm packed, moved, and put away?

Mommas, don't let your babies grow up to be manipulated. Educate them about sociopaths (Confessions of a Sociopath is a great resource).

Again, thanks so much and heart you all.
Wishing you well in the move! Excellent advice for all of us.

I just watched Sam's spot on KOAA's nightly news.

Not anything about the cell phone data we haven't heard before but it was fun to see him doing his regular gig all dressed up in a suit.

Such a great guy and I hope his sensitive and passion work on Kelsey's case moves his career along.

I'm glad, like many of you, I wrote a letter to his station applauding his fine work.
Benjamin.LLoyd@koaa.com

Last edited:
How cell phone analysis helped convict Patrick Frazee

Nov 20, 2019

Frazee was sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 156 years the maximum sentence he could receive.

Kenney is due back in court for a review hearing Dec. 2.

A clerk told News 5's Sam Kraemer that Kenney will be sentenced eight weeks from Frazee's sentence, per Judge Scott Sells's orders. bbm

How cell phone analysis helped convict Patrick Frazee

Nov 20, 2019

Frazee was sentenced to life in prison without parole plus 156 years the maximum sentence he could receive.

Kenney is due back in court for a review hearing Dec. 2.

A clerk told News 5's Sam Kraemer that Kenney will be sentenced eight weeks from Frazee's sentence, per Judge Scott Sells's orders. bbm

Looks like they're giving KK some time to get her roots done!

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries. It's quite alright for us to see things differently regarding CC. He's a 'simple' man, who obviously leads a very sheltered life and he's the sole caregiver to a herd of a$$es. They've rubbed off on him :p
JMHO
I guess I can kind of understand, if only because CC was the only person who cared enough about the starving abandoned wild burros, to personally try to do something to help them.

Then along comes this one other person, who donates his skills, and time and energy to help CC with his donkeys. So I can see how CC might not want to believe anything bad about his friend.

Another one of PF's many victims, in a way?

Good luck with your move.

I have watched a lot of trials, but the last two I've kept up with (PF and CW)have left me feeling very sad. I wanted to watch the Mark Sievers trial, but decided to turn it off yesterday. I don't think I can watch another innocent women murdered by her significant other.

Do some trials just bother us more than others? I am probably getting more emotional as I age.

the comments on CC are interesting takes on this fellow. i admit that i have not read much else about him but i did watch the interview and he came across to me, and this is if he had no knowledge of PF prior to this tragedy, as the type of person that might have ruined this whole outcome had he been on the jury. seems he would harbor his pre conceived notions over the facts and evidence. if he sat through the trial and could still say he thought it didn't happen that way then he wasn't paying attention. he had his mind made up already and seems nothing was gonna change it.
He doesn't even have the decency to apologize for smearing Kelsey. That tells me all I need to know about him.
MOO

Last edited:
He would have to have an amazing memory to have all of their names and current addresses. I don't think he spent any time with KK's family in Idaho, from anything that I've read, KK always came to him in Colorado.
I wonder if ever Rodeo'd there,or had Ranching, cattle auction type stuff going on there.
MOO

I have watched a lot of trials, but the last two I've kept up with (PF and CW)have left me feeling very sad. I wanted to watch the Mark Sievers trial, but decided to turn it off yesterday. I don't think I can watch another innocent women murdered by her significant other.

Do some trials just bother us more than others? I am probably getting more emotional as I age.
I have to remind myself that it's not really "open season" on women, it just seems that way on here sometimes. Moo.

I have been out of touch roadtrip-ing in California with very limited access to the internet. I was still around when he was found guilty. YES! SO So so very happy about this. I just saw that i would need to catch up on over 100 pgs, which i won't be able to get done. What else happened? Just a quick heads up would be so appreciated.

BTW, all of you that live in California are so very lucky. What a beautiful place! :)

I hear you. I've had to take a few mini breaks from here myself over the years. Some cases are tough to follow for various reasons. Kelsey being viciously beaten to death by a bat, she was so unsuspecting and had no clue Patrick was even considering harming her last Thanksgiving. The fact that he did this with their baby in another room is just sick beyond words. Then his sidekick, who knew all along he was planning this, attempted to help him three times, murder Kelsey. Poor Kelsey had no clue what so ever that behind the scenes, he was smearing her name and plotting her death.

It's too upsetting to even imagine some sicko thinking of doing such a thing to another human being. Many of us are parents and grandparents ourselves. My oldest is close to Kelsey's age and I have another daughter a couple of years younger- just the thoughts that some sick and evil jerk could come into their lives someday scares me.

I just wish that Kelsey had had a chance to see through him. I think she was just so busy doing too much to see any abusive signs from him. Plus she was alone out there- no family or close friends nearby. Thank goodness she at least had her co-workers who appeared to love her, a nice neighbor, and there was one woman on the rodeo circuit who adored Kelsey and did speak up about what a nice young lady she was. It's just a shame that Baby K no longer has her mother in her life. Some Moms pass away from illnesses or car accidents, which are horrific and tragic, but to grow up knowing your father murdered your mother, and many people knew he was planning and talking about doing this and did nothing? That's going to really hurt her to read about all of this someday. I feel for the Berreth family, the painful loss of their daughter under different circumstances would be devastating enough, but in this manner? Just crushing to the heart and daily awful thoughts of their daughter's last moments will haunt them forever. They got a harsher sentence than Patrick- a sentence they didn't deserve!

Re BBM

JMO
Yes, for whatever reason, some cases hit me much harder than others. This was one of them. For me, I think this case affected me because I followed it from the very beginning and saw PF's reactions to the media trying to get interviews with him, all the way to where IMO he and Ma were trying to make a run for it with the baby on the day PF got arrested.

The whole story was tough to digest and it just kept getting worse and worse when news of what KK had done and how she was involved.

As a side note.
Yesterday i started to watch a little of the Mark Sievers trial which is televised live and I have to say we did miss a lot by not getting to see this trial live. We missed all the intangibles that you get from non-verbal communication cues. I added a post on the MS thread about how its important to a jury IMO in how witnesses and the defendent comes across to the jury and so much of that is only perceived when you get to see them in the courtroom.
Its unfortunate we did not get to see this trial live because there would have been so much more we would have gathered from the proceedings.

A snippet from Post #452 on the MS trial thread.

"As they are tasked with trying to decide if they believe certain witnesses or believe the Defense's arguments for their defendent, the intangible of how a person is perceived by that jury is very important."

Mark Sievers Livestream Trial Thread - Day 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members